+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Re: GALLERY GIRLS - on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I HATE this voice...drives me insane...altho I always equated it to a whine-y sound but creaky is far better description.
    It's most prevalent in one of the girls and she alone made me turn off the recording of the show.
    Chantal! She sounds like a miniature Henry Kissinger.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm sitting here watching the latest episode OnDemand and STARVING because the restaurant where Liz and her father meet, Sarabeth's, has THE best breakfast! Now I'm totally craving one of their Farmer's omelets (potatoes, leeks, ham and Gruyere = YUM!), a scone with a nice pot of tea.....argh! This is torture!

How much crap is Maggie going to take from Eli before she quits? Counting pebbles!? Is he freaking kidding? What a douchebag.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm sitting here watching the latest episode OnDemand and STARVING because the restaurant where Liz and her father meet, Sarabeth's, has THE best breakfast! Now I'm totally craving one of their Farmer's omelets (potatoes, leeks, ham and Gruyere = YUM!), a scone with a nice pot of tea.....argh! This is torture!

How much crap is Maggie going to take from Eli before she quits? Counting pebbles!? Is he freaking kidding? What a douchebag.
    It smells staged IMO.

Maybe it is, but I think Eli is just as big of a douchebag as he seems on the show. You can't fake that amount of ego and pretentiousness.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

It's difficult to say if he is really that evil, but to me it's just too silly to be real. Seems like some producer told him to do it. It's not even that imaginative.....counting peebles? Please.

I get a kick out of some meanies on Bravo. For example when Jeff Lewis says "It is a little cruel, but I just love it!" Cracks me up!

Anybody else still watching? Checked out this week's episode where they're in Miami.

I really, really am not liking Chantal at all. It turns out she has a real nasty streak. Claudia is trying to set up a pop-up gallery in Miami at Art Basel and Chantal cries and tells Claudia she better down her dosage of ADD meds. Yikes!

I liked seeing Art Basel though, I've always meant to go check it out. This year it's Dec. 6 - 9.

Oh, how could I forget, how about Amy getting fired from a non-paying job? And having hooked up with Eli Klien? Gross!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Anybody else still watching? Checked out this week's episode where they're in Miami.

I really, really am not liking Chantal at all. It turns out she has a real nasty streak. Claudia is trying to set up a pop-up gallery in Miami at Art Basel and Chantal cries and tells Claudia she better down her dosage of ADD meds. Yikes!

I liked seeing Art Basel though, I've always meant to go check it out. This year it's Dec. 6 - 9.

Oh, how could I forget, how about Amy getting fired from a non-paying job? And having hooked up with Eli Klien? Gross!
    I'm watching. I missed the first half of last night's episode though, so I'm going to have to catch it OnDemand.

I think Chantal and Claudia are the worst out of a bad bunch. They're both rude and nasty and superior and have no cause to be. Claudia ripping on Liz's clothing when she looked like she was in a freaking costume was rich. Talk about a lack of self-awareness. Even after Chantal told her that a woman laughed at her outfit, Claudia still didn't get it. At least Angela has a sense of humor about her wardrobe and recognizes, I think, that her clothing is over-the-top. Sometimes she says horrid things and she's very self-involved, but she's not quite so nasty as her cohorts.

The idea of anyone hooking up with Eli Klein is stomach-turning. *shivers*

Although Liz can be kind of a bitch sometimes, I really do feel sorry for her when she tries to connect with her father and gets nothing in return. If you just looked at her as she is now, you'd have no idea that maybe her life wasn't so easy. Right now, she, along with Maggie and Kerri seem like the best of the worst.

Poor Amy. She's so insecure and clueless and desperate to be liked.

Chantal's problem seems to be she doesn't like to work that hard, and doesn't mind having someone else to blame when things don't work out-- it's like selling stuff is too tawdry for her, she just wants to have an art gallery. She mostly seems interested in slinking around in some sort of outre (in her mind) get-up, looking all twenties/F Scott Fitzgeraldy and cool.

I noticed that on Andy's show, Liz called the gallery a "store." Wonder how that went over with the gallery owners... if it is a gallery.

Liz seems to be holding a grudge because the downtowners weren't friendly when she went to their gallery, she's just being kind of blase and disdainful about it- And really, while they were being mean, she had already badmouthed them. But I don't find her so bad-- or very charming either.

As for Amy, she is pathetic, except she seems to be a user. Her giving a list of chores to the other intern was completely bizarre, but disrespectful. And her social skills seem to be getting drunk and acting badly. That said, she is one of these inept people who probably have to get along in life by their own bootstraps-- which often means pretending to have a lot more going for you then you have, and glomming onto anyone or anything that might be a stepping stone to something better.

When I think about it they all seem somewhat desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Chantal's problem seems to be she doesn't like to work that hard, and doesn't mind having someone else to blame when things don't work out-- it's like selling stuff is too tawdry for her, she just wants to have an art gallery. She mostly seems interested in slinking around in some sort of outre (in her mind) get-up, looking all twenties/F Scott Fitzgeraldy and cool.
    I was thinking the same thing. She reminds me of Dorothy Parker but without the wit.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. She reminds me of Dorothy Parker but without the wit.
    But you know she thinks she's just like Dorothy Parker. IMO, she's the worst of the bunch. Such a pretentious little snot. That crack about Claudia getting off the Adderall was rich considering that Claudia was acting like a normal person and Chantal was the one sitting there acting irrationally.

Re: Liz calling End of Century a store....well, they have clothing racks and sell jewelry, so that's a store. A store that also sells art (or doesn't sell art, in this case), but a store nonetheless. I'm sure Chantal and Claudia bristled when they heard that. Ha!

While I thought the pop-up at Art Basel was a good idea, Claudia seemed completely unprepared to actually DO one. Did she imagine that the space she chose would just have easels and lighting and everything she would need and she'd just show up? It seems like none of those EOC girls really know what they're doing. They just decided to open a storefront without really doing research about what that would require. I do feel sorry for Claudia - or really, for her family - because if that store fails, she'll lose quite a bit of money. Not that Chantal seems to care about that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast