+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Breaking Amish

Re: Breaking Amish

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    did anyone watch the show last night, if so what happended because I missed it?
    First of all season finale is next week. So this week they were all kinda winding down. Getting ready to all go in different directions.

Sabrina met her real dad and her real grandma and it was great. Best part of last night.

About Rebecca and her secret
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rebecca's secret is that she is married and divorced. She never told Abe. Abe found out when he went home for a visit and to tell his Mom that he was engaged to Rebecca and that they are getting married. Abe's Mom said the rumors all around is that she is married. ABE WAS SHOCKED. If Abe marries Rebecca, he will lose his own family and cannot be Amish. Abe went back and asked her and she admitted that she was married and divorced and there was no point in telling Abe that and Abe disagreed because if he marries her, he looses his family, the church and being Amish.

Looks like all the kiddos cleared the air with all that in fighting from a week ago with Kate and Sabrina and Jeremiah.

Kate got a modeling contract after her photo shoot from last week.

BUT next week's previews look intense.
    KAREN

Good description of the show, mom. I don't think we need to use spoiler tags the day after a show has aired, do we?

Anyway, I think Jeremiah is a real tool. What I don't understand is, he said on the show that HE was divorced. How come he can still be Amish, but there are more serious repercusions for Rebecca and Abe? Is it because he never remarried? He did have a girlfriend on the first epi. Confusing, and yes, a bit of a train wreck.

The one character who has grown on me is Rebecca. I didn't expect that. I think she was given a tough hand to play in life, rebelled and is still dealing with the consequences. I liked that she and Abe sought out Kate to try to calm things down.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Good description of the show, mom. I don't think we need to use spoiler tags the day after a show has aired, do we?

Anyway, I think Jeremiah is a real tool. What I don't understand is, he said on the show that HE was divorced. How come he can still be Amish, but there are more serious repercusions for Rebecca and Abe? Is it because he never remarried? He did have a girlfriend on the first epi. Confusing, and yes, a bit of a train wreck.

The one character who has grown on me is Rebecca. I didn't expect that. I think she was given a tough hand to play in life, rebelled and is still dealing with the consequences. I liked that she and Abe sought out Kate to try to calm things down.
    Thanks, nana!

About the Spoiler. I am on another message forums (Disney) and they have a Community Forum. I posted a recap of a Big Brother show (years ago) the day after the show aired and sheesh, so many came on and said that I should have used 'spoiler tags'. Crap freaked me out hence always being careful about giving away too much info when someone asks for a recap.

Yes, I am glad that Rebecca and Abe went into Kate and explained everything. And Jeremiah is a tool. Ugh.

I wonder if that is really the DUTCH language they are speaking or more a made up Amish language???
    KAREN

As soon as the show airs on the East coast, it's not considered a spoiler on this site. Posters who don't want to be spoiled need to stay out of the discussion thread.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    As soon as the show airs on the East coast, it's not considered a spoiler on this site. Posters who don't want to be spoiled need to stay out of the discussion thread.
    Thanks, Critical! That's good to know!
    KAREN

FORT Regular

Ok, I read that Rebecca and Abe were together before the show and even have a child, a daughter together who is around 1 year old. They met while she was still married, and this was their way of concealing that from (whom, I don't know).... it seems like tlc has stocked this show with mostly lies to get us to watch. I saw pictures of Rebecca with (badly) dyed hair in a bikini at a pool party with non-amish friends that was taken some time ago when she was first pregnant.
    Why would the amish community want to do this show - even Abe's mother is lying! It makes the whole community look really bad. I don't get it.

Is that really Abe's mom, or is it an actress playing the part? There was conjecture that the young woman playing Jeremiah's fiance at the beginning of the series was an actress, for example.

IF, and that is a big IF, it was really Abe's mother and she is still Amish, she would NEVER allow herself to be photographed, let alone give an interview.
    There's no place like home!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Through my sister, Mary, I have come to be closely acquainted with several Pennsylvania Amish families. They don't care, one whit, about being photographed. I have been invited, along with Mary, to weddings and dinners and weekends at their farms. They live industrious lives - always busy, and full of JOY. They laugh a lot! Their conversation, at least socially, is liberally sprinkled with contagious laughter. Their cradle language is High German, and it's the funniest thing to hear their adoreable toddlers lisping it.

They love my sister and sometimes come for sleepovers at her apartment, and send their teenagers to do the same. They think she should retire to their compound and be a "taxi" girl. They do not drive, and say that you can make a very good retirement living just driving Amish folk around. They also have invited her to live rent-free in one of their many family compound's trailers when she retires. She's seriously considering it!

Recently 4 Amish ladies spent Friday night with her and came to our nail salon appointment with us - and the sharp metal instruments the technicians used skeeved them. We then went for brunch at a local eatery and they gave the place a total thumbs-up. I picked up t.he tab, which was quite reasonable. To my surprise, I received handwritten thank-you notes from each of them. They are lovely, outgoing women and they are every bit as curious about us as we are of them
    mom2, zimrose, Hyper and 1 others like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Through my sister, Mary, I have come to be closely acquainted with several Pennsylvania Amish families. They don't care, one whit, about being photographed. I have been invited, along with Mary, to weddings and dinners and weekends at their farms. They live industrious lives - always busy, and full of JOY. They laugh a lot! Their conversation, at least socially, is liberally sprinkled with contagious laughter. Their cradle language is High German, and it's the funniest thing to hear their adoreable toddlers lisping it.

They love my sister and sometimes come for sleepovers at her apartment, and send their teenagers to do the same. They think she should retire to their compound and be a "taxi" girl. They do not drive, and say that you can make a very good retirement living just driving Amish folk around. They also have invited her to live rent-free in one of their many family compound's trailers when she retires. She's seriously considering it!

Recently 4 Amish ladies spent Friday night with her and came to our nail salon appointment with us - and the sharp metal instruments the technicians used skeeved them. We then went for brunch at a local eatery and they gave the place a total thumbs-up. I picked up t.he tab, which was quite reasonable. To my surprise, I received handwritten thank-you notes from each of them. They are lovely, outgoing women and they are every bit as curious about us as we are of them
    How cool! I don't watch this show but just decided to stop by this thread because I don't want to fold the laundry. What a nice surprise. Thanks for sharing! It pays to put off chores!

+ Reply to Thread