Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Breaking Amish

Re: Breaking Amish

I would put $100 that it is also fake.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Me, too.

Don't think I'll be checking THIS one out.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think this is now call Return to Amish, I am learning about Amish people.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Just watching now! Wow it's been almost 2 years since we have seen these people!
    Jax likes this.
    KAREN

This show is a farce as to how the real Amish live, just like the other one, Amish Mafia. Sorry just my opinion.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This show is a farce as to how the real Amish live, just like the other one, Amish Mafia. Sorry just my opinion.
    I am curious as to where Mary will get the money to buy and run a Bed and Breakfast.

How did Kate pay for the nose job?
    KAREN

Jax

I would guess that Kate makes a decent living at her modeling etc. But if not from that money, she could easily pay for from what she gets for doing this show. Or maybe it was part of her deal with TLC.

Same with Mary for the B and B.... either her show money or TLC is helping her.
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    But that's why it's called Breaking Amish. They've broken away and the show has shown the process of self-discovery, and decision to go from Amish to English. Of the five who started the journey, only one (name escapes me) has decided to stay Amish because he got into so much trouble in the English world. We've seen 3 seasons of these folks, going from wide-eyed noobs in NYC, to where they are now, back in Lancaster, but living English. I think their storyline should have come to an end though, after last season. From here on it's nothing interesting without scripting to manufacture storylines. I'm loosing interest quickly.

Though you were born and raised Amish, you are not fully committed to the Amish life until you have yourself baptized as an adult. Mary is the one here that has been baptized, yet refuses to quit communications with her family members who have 'gone English' and she is being shunned.

This show is in no way as totally scripted and phony as Amish Mafia. That show is a total Hollywood production with scripted hysterical storylines, a few certifiable Amish and Menonite nuts, and enough pyrotechnics for Bruce Willis movie.
    Maveno and Jax like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm enjoying this 3rd season much more than I thought I would. There are very few of the characters that I really 'like' --- but I'm happy to have the opportunity to kind of follow along to see what's happened to everyone's lives. The heartbreak is poor Crystal, having terminal lung cancer, and being in love with a guy like Andrew who really loves her, but keeps screwing up and ending up back in jail.
    Punkin, Maveno and Jax like this.

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm enjoying this 3rd season much more than I thought I would. There are very few of the characters that I really 'like' --- but I'm happy to have the opportunity to kind of follow along to see what's happened to everyone's lives. The heartbreak is poor Crystal, having terminal lung cancer, and being in love with a guy like Andrew who really loves her, but keeps screwing up and ending up back in jail.
    I think you mean Chapel.......yeah, she is the most likeable person on the show, IMO. What she sees in Andrew I will never know!

I am enjoying this season too though. I appreciate being able to see into a different way of life, like the Amish. Even though I am so not religious, I find it interesting. Just like the nuns show, I hope they bring that back too!
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

+ Reply to Thread