+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Stars Earn Stripes

Stars Earn Stripes

Stars Earn Stripes - TV.com

Stars Earn Stripes comes from executive producers Dick Wolf, Mark Burnett and David Hurwitz, this show will donate money raised through the competition to veterans' charities. Nine celebrities will gather at a secret training facility where they will be challenged to execute complicated missions inspired by real military exercises.
    Monday 8:00 PM on NBC Premieres Aug 13, 2012 New Series

Samantha Harris Host

Cast:

Laila Ali - Muhammad Ali's daughter, professional boxer
    Dean Cain - actor
    Terry Crews
    Nick Lachey - singer, used to be married to Jessica Simpson
    Picabo Street - Olympic skier
    Dolvett Quince - newest trainer on Biggest Loser
    Eve Torres - actor
    Todd Palin - Sarah Palin's husband
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Stars Earn Stripes

I'm in on this one ... I only know 5 of them: Nick, Picabo, Todd (just because of the wife), Laila, and Dean. Have no idea who the others are.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I'm in on this one ... I only know 5 of them: Nick, Picabo, Todd (just because of the wife), Laila, and Dean. Have no idea who the others are.
    Terry Crews is an American actor and a former NFL player.

I'll pass on this one. Not interested in Palin.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Terry Crews ftw <3

It looks interesting and it's for charity so I will at least watch the first episode. I will continue to watch if they have Palin constantly eat dirt each episode.
    Allie and JohnnyK like this.

Official website: Stars Earn Stripes - NBC Official Site

Terry Crews | The Pat Tillman Foundation

Terry Crews is currently a contestant on NBC's new competition series "Stars Earn Stripes."

A former National Football League player, Crews traded in his helmet and cleats to pursue an acting career and also became the ultimate family man. Crews is now more commonly known for his natural wit, comedic timing and versatility.

This summer, Crews will reprise his role of Hale Caesar in the motion picture "The Expendables 2." Crews also recently wrapped production on Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom," which airs on HBO June 24th. He is also currently the spokesman for the very successful "Smell Is Power" campaign for Old Spice. Crews stars in the TBS series "Are We There Yet?" produced by Ice Cube, which will continue to air this fall. Crews plays the role that Ice Cube played in the hit Revolution Studios film of the same name.

After retiring from the NFL in 1997, Crews pursued an acting career. He can be seen in the following films: "Friday After Next, "Malibu's Most Wanted," "Deliver Us from Eva," "White Chicks," "Starsky and Hutch," "Soul Plane," "Idiocracy," "Harsh Times," "Inland Empire," "Street Kings," "The Longest Yard," and most recently the hit comedy, "Bridesmaids." Crews also starred in Chris Rock's television series, "Everybody Hates Chris," in which he played Julius, the father of a young Chris Rock.

Crews was born in Flint, Michigan and attended Flint Southwestern Academy. He earned an Art Excellence Scholarship to attend the Interlochen Center for the Arts and then Western Michigan University. While completing his studies as an art major, Crews was a key member of the WMU football team, where he earned all-conference honors as a defensive end. Crews was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams of the NFL in the 11th round of the 1991 NFL Draft. He carved out a career that lasted six seasons, including stints with the Los Angeles Rams, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles. While in the NFL, Crews used his art talent by painting a line of NFL licensed lithographs for Sierra Sun Editions.

Crews lives in Los Angeles with his wife of nearly twenty years, Rebecca, a former beauty queen and Christian recording artist, and their five children.

Eve Torres | USO

Eve Torres is currently a contestant on NBC's new competition series "Stars Earn Stripes.

As a WWE Divas Champion, Torres is a triple threat - boasting beauty, brains and ability. The WWE Diva has trained at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy and prior to beginning her career with the WWE, she earned a degree in industrial and systems engineering.

With her blend of versatile fighting skills and in-ring intelligence, Torres has risen to the top of the division in a short time since winning the 2007 Diva Search. In 2010, she made history by becoming the first Diva Search winner to capture the Divas Championship when she shocked Maryse with a crafty reversal into an impressive bridge pin.

What wasn't surprising was that her biggest victory took place in front of a large crowd at the O2 Arena in London, England. As a former dancer for the Los Angeles Clippers Spirit Dance Team, Torres is no stranger to the adrenaline of performing for thousands of fans. That background has made her a natural to be featured on some of WWE's biggest pay-per-views such as "WrestleMania XXVIII," "Survivor Series 2011" and "Royal Rumble 2011," where she triumphed in a Fatal 4-Way Match to claim her second Divas Championship.

Torres is hardly a slouch in the brains department, as she has a degree in industrial and systems engineering from the University of Southern California and is adept at solving Rubik's Cubes whenever the mood strikes her. In addition to studying Gracie Jiu-Jitsu with Rener Gracie, she helped design GracieUniversity.com.

Torres is one of the most passionate spokespeople for WWE's Be a STAR anti-bullying program. Torres has traveled the world to speak to kids about the issue of bullying and delivers a powerful message to kids - "Don't be a Bully, be a STAR and Show Tolerance and Respect (STAR)."

Outside of the ring, Torres has appeared on the "Today Show," "EXTRA," "E! News," "Fox and Friends," "Deal or No Deal," "The Daily Buzz," "Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed," E!'s "Sunset Tan" and VH1's "Redemption Song."

Another Palin? Even if I liked the concept, which I don't, I would skip this one.
    law638 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Isn't this the show Jack Osborne claims booted him after he revealed his MS diagnosis?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yup Critical. And Sharon quit AGT because of it. She won't be returning after this season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Sometimes I wish Sharon Osbourne would grow up. Mommy can't fight all of Jack's fights. He is grown and married and a daddy. In one case it is nice and in the other a bit much.

Also Jack Osbourne is not in shape to do that reality show, if you check out the promos even the females are tough and probably could beat up Jack with both hands tied behind their backs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast