+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Stars Earn Stripes

Re: Stars Earn Stripes

Dean and Eve work well together. I did find it rather funny that both of their operatives basically jump over the wall at full speed and no problem and both Eve and Dean use a rainbarrel. Poor Todd I was very surprised that Picabo beat him in the elimination shootout.

Then there were three, Dean, Eve and Picabo and onto training for the Harbor Demolition. I did like that Dean ackowledged that everyone expects the men to be better shots with the firearms but that in general women are better shots then men. I like how all the celebrities handled their fears about heights and open water and how much better they did repelling off the helicopter during their final mission versus their first time. I did think that Picabo hurt herself though cause it looked as if she really snaped her back. What I find amazing is how quickly these missions are. Eve and Grady won with a time of 5:10, Picabo and Brent came in seconde with a time of 5:37 and Dean and Chris came in third with a time of 6:45.

Over all I liked the show. It was fun watching the celebrities really appreciated how soldiers really train and it was also fun to watch Eve and Grady together.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Very nice interview with Grady (Eve's partner).

Grady Powell, Eve Marie Torres win NBC's Stars Earn Stripes | ksdk.com
    justCoz likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I agree about Eve's soldier, but I'm not sure it was just one-sided!
    She did seem to be a bit enamored of him.

Great show! Would have been thrilled if any of the final 4 had won. However, I do have a bit of a crush on Eve so I'm pleased with the outcome.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I can picture Eve as Xena: Warrior Princess if they ever reboot that TV show.

Thanks for all the links. I was curious about this show from seeing a thread on an unrelated board where members were totally enraged over the concept. I didn't understand why, maybe they thought the celebs were going to actually be inducted into the military or something?! Found I could watch on Hulu and because of the comments here, watched the whole thing and I not only enjoyed it, I thought it was fantastic for any show to help bring attention to all the great charities for military and their families. Eva was outstanding, very happy that she won and yes, I'm a sucker for a love story and was hoping she'd give Grady a great, big passionate kiss and a budding romance would be born. Overall, loved the show and impressed with all the operatives, as well as the celebs involved.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I can picture Eve as Xena: Warrior Princess if they ever reboot that TV show.
    I'm not familiar with Xena, but as I was watching the last episode thought Eve would make a great Wonder Woman. Eve's charity was the USO - I wonder if she'll make any visits to the troops.

Loved this show. Overall, I was impressed with how well the stars did. At the beginning, I didn't think Picabo would last long, but she just got stronger and stronger. I liked the camaraderie between the stars too. They were all in it to win it, but really seemed to like each other and root for each other.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Good for Eve and Grady for winning. I kind of saw it coming, tbh. As for wanting a second season, I don't really think so.

Chris Kyle was on this show.

Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range | General Headlines | Comcast

GLEN ROSE, Texas — Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot along with another man Saturday on a Texas gun range, a sheriff told local newspapers.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said Kyle, 38, and a second man were found dead at Rough Creek Lodge's shooting range west of Glen Rose, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Stephenville Empire-Tribune. Glen Rose is about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

Bryant did not immediately return phone calls to The Associated Press seeking comment late Saturday and early Sunday.

Investigators did not immediately release the name of the second victim.

Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that a gunman opened fire on the men around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the Star-Telegram. The newspapers said a 25-year-old man was later taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, and that charges were expected.

Lancaster police did not immediately return calls for comment.

The motive for the shooting was unclear.

Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper," which details his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast