+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Stars Earn Stripes

Re: Stars Earn Stripes

I liked it and also found it to be respectful. The stars didn't go in with big egos IMO, and full of respect for the military personnel to begin with. I thought they did a good job of showing the growth of the stars appreciation too. IIRC, all of them talked about that. And they all 'earned' money for their charities which are all in support of the military in some capacity.

I liked how the guy with the one who went home (terrible with names) gave props to him for jumping into the water with full gear on, not knowing how to swim.

I pretty much loved every minute and just might move it higher on the priority list on the DVR. This is what Mark Burnett does the best IMO. I liked Combat Missions, and Eco Challenge.
    Kip likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    There is some new hoopla around this show.

The show is now under attack from Archbishop Desmond Tutu and eight other Nobel Peace laureates, who claim that the show does "a massive disservice to those who live and die in armed conflict and suffer its consequences long after the guns of war fall silent." They feel it is glorifying war and making light of what real soldiers go through on a daily basis.
    Well what about war video games?

Why all of the Todd Palin hate? He seemed pretty nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine3331 View Post
    Why all of the Todd Palin hate? He seemed pretty nice to me.
    It's because he is married to Sarah. I must admit he came into this show with a couple of strikes against him in my eyes because of who he is married to, but I must admit he proved himself to me with his performance.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Get rid of Clark and Harris, take it to one hour, and I think I'm going to enjoy this show.

They need someone like Colby Donaldson, host of Top Shot, or Joe Rogan, of Fear Factor, to host the show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

As long as they don't have guest appearances by like Sarah Palin I'll keep watching the show. I don't mind Todd as a stand alone person in this context at all.

I would have liked to see Jack Osborne on this show but I have to wonder if he was really up to the physical challenges not because of his MS but just because, even now, he doesn't look like he's that into fitness sorts of stuff like the other contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    As long as they don't have guest appearances by like Sarah Palin I'll keep watching the show. I don't mind Todd as a stand alone person in this context at all.

I would have liked to see Jack Osborne on this show but I have to wonder if he was really up to the physical challenges not because of his MS but just because, even now, he doesn't look like he's that into fitness sorts of stuff like the other contestants.
    I do think they are limited as to how many celebrities especially female that they can invite to do this show as all the females seem quite tall and very, very fit not regular skinny ass actress. All the guys seem in reasonable shape and I am sorry but even now Jack Osbourne does not look fit even though he is slimmer then he used to be. I am glad though that the females did so well and that is was two big fit guys that had the hardest times doing the swim.

Shouldn't Jack Osbourne be thanking NBC for doing a medical exam on him that found his MS instead of throwing the show under the bus. I am sorry but I just cannot see him doing this show I would never cast him as he doesn't look the part.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Get rid of Clark and Harris, take it to one hour, and I think I'm going to enjoy this show.

They need someone like Colby Donaldson, host of Top Shot, or Joe Rogan, of Fear Factor, to host the show.
    I get the dislike of Harris but what is wrong with Gen. Clark? Seemed like a decent enough fellow.

FYI, Joe Rogan seems rather busy hosting Fear Factor. Somehow, it came back, like a bad infection. Haha

BTW nice to see you posting UncleDavid, haven't seen ya around much.

I enjoyed the show and was surprised that it was a guy out first and that it wasn't Nick Lachey. lol

I have always had respect for the military, but even just seeing a portion of the training and exercises is just impressive. Words cannot express what I would like to say.

Mark Burnett does an excellent job of producing/editing, his shows are quite enjoyable to watch.
    mom2 and Uncle David like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I get the dislike of Harris but what is wrong with Gen. Clark? Seemed like a decent enough fellow.
    It's less about Clark (although I'm not a big fan) and more about the whole 'Commander-in-the-War-Room' thing. The fromage factor is off the chart! I like the look and the feel of the show. Cutting away to the 'Commander-in-the-War-Room' thing just takes away from the flow.

My mention of Colby and Joe was not about them specifically, but someone like them. Someone who you might imagine as a credible contestant.

Good to see you again JunkieGirl!
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I want to say one thing about the Nobel Peace Prize winners complaining about this show as "glorifying war":

Showing that war is a life or death situation where people can get hurt actually may educate the public into maybe doing what they can to be peaceful and have the military do more just protect their country and NOT go to war.
    DevilTwin and Uncle David like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast