+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Stars Earn Stripes

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Stars Earn Stripes

Samantha Harris AND a Palin? Didn't I already live that nightmare?

I may be tempted though because Mark Burnett's shows are very, very good.
    law638 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Sometimes I wish Sharon Osbourne would grow up. Mommy can't fight all of Jack's fights. He is grown and married and a daddy. In one case it is nice and in the other a bit much.

Also Jack Osbourne is not in shape to do that reality show, if you check out the promos even the females are tough and probably could beat up Jack with both hands tied behind their backs.
    He did a reality show several years ago that was an outdoor/physical challenge type show where he did everything from climb El Capitan in Yosemite to adventure race in New Zealand. He's not that pudgy kid we saw on the family's reality show. Jack actually has done other physically demanding challenges since his MS diagnosis - one earlier this year - so there's no reason to think that he would do any worse than anyone else on the show. I doubt Todd Palin is going to be on the cover of Men's Fitness any time soon. It feels to me like the network covering their butts.

I like Sharon and her mama bear tendencies. Those are her kids. I can't say I would want to work for the network that gave my kid the boot either.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He did a reality show several years ago that was an outdoor/physical challenge type show where he did everything from climb El Capitan in Yosemite to adventure race in New Zealand. He's not that pudgy kid we saw on the family's reality show. Jack actually has done other physically demanding challenges since his MS diagnosis - one earlier this year - so there's no reason to think that he would do any worse than anyone else on the show. I doubt Todd Palin is going to be on the cover of Men's Fitness any time soon. It feels to me like the network covering their butts.

I like Sharon and her mama bear tendencies. Those are her kids. I can't say I would want to work for the network that gave my kid the boot either.
    Yes, he lost 75 lbs and did Thai kickboxing and reality adventures but he gained quite a bit back. He by no means reeks fitness unlike his sister Kelly.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I might check this show out. Will there be an elimination format to this too with one winner at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I might check this show out. Will there be an elimination format to this too with one winner at the end?
    Have no idea.

The premiere is 2 hours long.

I think the 2nd and 3rd squads have an unfair advantage watching the 1st squad. They can see their mistakes and have a another strategy in place which can save them plenty of time. It would be more fair if each squad went in without having watched the other squads do the mission.
    Kip and justCoz like this.

There are 8 2 person teams and yes there is an elimination each episode.
    JohnnyK likes this.

There is some new hoopla around this show.

The show is now under attack from Archbishop Desmond Tutu and eight other Nobel Peace laureates, who claim that the show does "a massive disservice to those who live and die in armed conflict and suffer its consequences long after the guns of war fall silent." They feel it is glorifying war and making light of what real soldiers go through on a daily basis.
    Allie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I thought it was a pretty good first episode for a reality tv show and it raised money for charity how the heck did Desmond Tutu even know about it much less see it and respond to it. It will just make more people want to watch it. Considering that Mark Burnett one of the producers is ex military I think the show was rather respectful of the various services. I got the impression that the operatives were rather surprised at the hero worship they got from the celebrities.
    mom2, Kip and justCoz like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast