+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: All the Right Moves (Oxygen)

All the Right Moves (Oxygen)

"All the Right Moves" follows the tight knit friendships and journey of Emmy®-nominated choreographer Travis Wall ("So You Think You Can Dance"), Teddy Forance (recently featured on "Dancing With the Stars" as dancer and choreographer), Nick Lazzarini (winner of "So You Think You Can Dance" season one), and Juilliard-trained Kyle Robinson ("Dancing With the Stars"), four of the most successful and sought-after dancers in the industry. These close friends have banded together to take dance to a whole new level by launching their dance company called SHAPING SOUND. With careers, reputations, and friendships on the line, they're striving to change the world of dance forever by giving background dancers a chance to shine.
    About All The Right Moves | The Next Big Thing | Oxygen

The show premiered tonight at 9 PM before The Glee Project. The company includes a bunch of SYTYCD faces, including Melanie, Alexa, Adrian and at least 3 others. Travis is one of my favorite dancers on SYTYCD, so I'm excited to see him dance more.

I've been flipping back and forth between this and the Olympics. I'm going to have to catch it OnDemand so I can see all of it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: All the Right Moves (Oxygen)

Thanks for posting this Critical! I hadn't even heard of this new show, but now that I've read your post, I'll be sure to catch Episode 1 later this week! SYTYCD is one of my very favorites, and in my opinion has, by far, the BEST dancers EVER, so All The Right Moves should be really good too.

I need to re-watch the episode since, like I mentioned, I was flipping back and forth between it and the Olympics. I also missed the very beginning.

For those posters who've complained that various shows don't have enough dancing: I think this show will make you very happy, at least if the first episode is any indication.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Just saw the first episode and I liked it a lot. Great combination of dancing, drama, reality tv, and attitude. It's kind of like 'Smash" meets "Making The Band' meets 'So You Think You Can Dance' meets 'The Real World.' Even a little bit of 'The A-List: New York too. Has great possibilities! I say, stay tuned. . .

Hmm, I thought I had posted something about this in the SYTYCD forum a week or so ago because there was an early showing of the pilot On Demand that I watched. I've been waiting for episode 2, which I guess will be coming soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I tuned in to watch the show last night and it wasn't on. According to the official site, it will be back on August 21st. I'm not sure why they'd air the first episode and then wait three weeks to air another one. Kind of stupid if you ask me. THIS is why shows have trouble building an audience! The network makes these lame programming decisions and then, when the ratings aren't good, they blame the show.

Since it's on Oxygen, I have hope that we'll see a whole season, regardless of the ratings. I just want to SEE it!

No SYTYCD for a week (or more?) and now this. I need DANCING!

I don't know if this will help you, Critical, but All the Right Moves still available to me On Demand and will be until September 4. There's also a brief bonus item there to watch, so if you have On Demand, you should be able to see it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

It's OnDemand here, but only one episode, which I've already seen. I was just puzzled as to why they'd premiere the show and then not show another new episode for three weeks.

I'll check out the bonus video. Thanks!

Guess the networks consider it a "teaser" to whet the viewers' appetites. NBC has done the same thing with Matthew Perry's new show "Go On" --- shown one episode in the middle of the Olympics and then what? Well, just for the record, this strategy is not working for me either. If I start watching a show that I like, I want to KEEP watching it, without interruption! BUT, if I'm only on the fence about the show, and the network pulls this crap, I most likely won't bother to seek it out when it shows up again a number of weeks later. Go On is a perfect example. I kind of/sort of liked it --- but now that I know it's not on the schedule for the next several weeks, I have pretty much lost interest in it. On the other hand, although I am really annoyed that All the Right Moves just gave us one episode and then nothing for a number of weeks, I did like the show and will watch it when it returns. But my decision to watch the show is not BECAUSE of the network's teaser strategy, it's IN SPITE OF the network's teaser.

I saw the second show last night. I very much enjoy the dancing, but I got the same feel about Travis that I did in the pilot. He comes across to me as completely self absorbed and he feels that his needs should be put above everyone else's, including his supposed partners in the company. I appreciate his talent, but his attitude is rapidly turning me off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast