Yikes.Its very sad, you are rightWhatever this family's circumstances, there is no excuse for this.
Six-year-old beauty queen performs in Statesboro bar - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports
June actually defends this as harmless because it's a "college bar" and therefore in her opinion not sleazy which means it's okay. It's a bar. Alcohol is served. No six year old should be "entertaining" in that setting. We really don't know what type of person June is based on her TV appearances, but what we do know is less than flattering:
- The article upthread about her arrest for theft/child support.
- She took Alana to a bar to entertain the patrons who gave her money
- On this week's episode, when asked if it was love at first sight (with Sugar Bear), she said: "It wasn't love at first sight, it was more like BED at first sight." What an example for her daughters.
- She's lived with Sugar Bear (Alana's father) for 8 years and says she doesn't want to marry him, and that the father(s) of her other 3 children are not involved. Meanwhile her oldest daughter will be a teen mom any day now, and the father of that baby isn't involved either. And the cycle continues.
- All of the children are on the same path to morbid obesity and related health problems thanks to June's total disregard for teaching them about nutrition. And poverty is no excuse, it's certainly possible to prepare healthy meals and teach good eating habits on a limited budget, people do it every day.
- Perhaps worst of all is the exploitation of her youngest child. Alana learned her obnoxious behavior and June has done nothing to teach her any better. While Alana's behavior might be entertaining for a TV show, it won't do her any favors in the real world. But for now she's become Momma's Little Moneymaker, and whatever over the top behavior keeps her in front of the camera is fine with June.
Sad, just sad.