+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 558
Like Tree615Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

  1. #71
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,118

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Just read through the thread.

    I went from a first couple of pages of "I'm not watching this" to the last couple which are discussion about the family.

    I'm going back to the original thoughts. I'm not watching this. I want it to end as soon as possible.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,663

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    FatherS huh? It always amazes me that there are women out there, not terribly attractive women both inside and out, who seem to attract men and have multiple babies with them. I guess most of the men aren't prizes either. I was overweight growing up and not terribly "chic" and had a hard time finding a date let alone a baby father. I guess I was too nice and wanted a nice guy.

    Not trying to be judgmental because I am hoping alot of this is camping it up for the cameras. I don't know enough about the woman to know if she is really nice or not.
    I think attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. June may not be good looking to most, what she has though is a confidence about herself. June knows what people think and she doesn't care or let it keep her down. This maybe why she attracts men. I like how honey boo boo explains how beauty comes in all different types, she is correct. Good for her!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,040

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. June may not be good looking to most, what she has though is a confidence about herself. June knows what people think and she doesn't care or let it keep her down. This maybe why she attracts men. I like how honey boo boo explains how beauty comes in all different types, she is correct. Good for her!
    Now that part I do agree with! Hopefully the actions are beautiful as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #74
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. June may not be good looking to most, what she has though is a confidence about herself. June knows what people think and she doesn't care or let it keep her down. This maybe why she attracts men. I like how honey boo boo explains how beauty comes in all different types, she is correct. Good for her!
    The good thing is, we all have an off button.If we dont want to watch ( and I dont) there are other things. I am glad you enjoy this show
    The thing that worries me, and I don't know why, because they aren't worried. Is now they are under a microscope, and every piece of their life will be scrutinized, and made fun of.

    I worry for the children.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,040

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The good thing is, we all have an off button.If we dont want to watch ( and I dont) there are other things. I am glad you enjoy this show
    The thing that worries me, and I don't know why, because they aren't worried. Is now they are under a microscope, and every piece of their life will be scrutinized, and made fun of.

    I worry for the children.
    When you go on TV don't be surprised when people find out EVERYTHING about you. Sadly its the adult's decisions, not the kids.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #76
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    When you go on TV don't be surprised when people find out EVERYTHING about you. Sadly its the adult's decisions, not the kids.
    Yup, & I am sure they knew that.Well the adults must have, but as you say the children dont.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    968

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Whatever this family's circumstances, there is no excuse for this.

    Six-year-old beauty queen performs in Statesboro bar - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

    June actually defends this as harmless because it's a "college bar" and therefore in her opinion not sleazy which means it's okay. It's a bar. Alcohol is served. No six year old should be "entertaining" in that setting. We really don't know what type of person June is based on her TV appearances, but what we do know is less than flattering:

    - The article upthread about her arrest for theft/child support.
    - She took Alana to a bar to entertain the patrons who gave her money
    - On this week's episode, when asked if it was love at first sight (with Sugar Bear), she said: "It wasn't love at first sight, it was more like BED at first sight." What an example for her daughters.
    - She's lived with Sugar Bear (Alana's father) for 8 years and says she doesn't want to marry him, and that the father(s) of her other 3 children are not involved. Meanwhile her oldest daughter will be a teen mom any day now, and the father of that baby isn't involved either. And the cycle continues.
    - All of the children are on the same path to morbid obesity and related health problems thanks to June's total disregard for teaching them about nutrition. And poverty is no excuse, it's certainly possible to prepare healthy meals and teach good eating habits on a limited budget, people do it every day.
    - Perhaps worst of all is the exploitation of her youngest child. Alana learned her obnoxious behavior and June has done nothing to teach her any better. While Alana's behavior might be entertaining for a TV show, it won't do her any favors in the real world. But for now she's become Momma's Little Moneymaker, and whatever over the top behavior keeps her in front of the camera is fine with June.

    Sad, just sad.
    Punkin and ness like this.

  8. #78
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    MizDaisy - everything you just listed is why I won't watch this show. I just don't believe in rewarding bad behavior.

    It would be one thing if this show was about adults, but it's not. The adults involved are using these children to make money and that's not okay.
    ness and tapper01 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #79
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    I watched the episode where the pig poo'd on the table because I read that here, and honestly...just didn't believe it. No offense to the person who posted it, but I cannot fathom that happening. But it did. I do like how close they all seem to be and you can tell they love each other. Which is good, because honestly, that's about all they have going for them. I can't watch it again.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  10. #80
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,635

    Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I watched the episode where the pig poo'd on the table because I read that here, and honestly...just didn't believe it. No offense to the person who posted it, but I cannot fathom that happening. But it did. I do like how close they all seem to be and you can tell they love each other. Which is good, because honestly, that's about all they have going for them. I can't watch it again.
    No offense taken that you didn't believe "the person who posted it" (me). I didn't believe it, and I was watching it!
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.