+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I never implied anything of the sort and I wasn't making any kind of comparisons. My point is that just because this woman goes along with the (manufactured, IMO) down-home "fun" for the cameras doesn't make her an attentive parent. She has somehow found time along the way to find different baby daddies for all her children and haul her little moneymaker to beauty pageants - oh, and apparently she's a hoarder, too. I never said she was worse than, say, those "real housewife" mommies - just rolling in a different kind of muck. But just as opportunistic and fame-hungry.
    I agree.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

June is very attentive to her family, maybe not in ways that we appreciate. I'd prefer not to negatively judge this woman and her family because they do things differently than I would. Except for the accident of birth, "there, but for the grace of God, go I." I consider myself fortunate to have been born into more comfortable circumstances....not a fortunate as some, and more fortunate than quite a few. My family was smaller, and there was not as much laughter, craziness, and closeness....but it was a good family....just different. I learned different values than the "Boo-Boos", but got exposed to some of their "types" of things as an adult....and, let me tell you, it took some getting used to! When I learned to include their lessons into what it was that I had learned, it was just one of those moments. I was no better; just different.....and they seemed to find it hilarious that I was confounded by it all; maybe because I didn't judge them. I'm pretty sure they are laughing/scoffing at most people like they know they are being viewed.....and most of these people would not trade their lives for those of others for anything in the world.

Just like you are not responsible for your looks (unless you are "plasticized or cosmetically altered"), you are also not responsible for the circumstances into which you where born, nor the families into which you were born. It just is what it is. Unless you are shown differently or exposed to different things, you won't know what's out there.

When you get into adulthood, that can be a different thing. I think it's amazing what these kinds of folks can teach you that will keep you alive, safe, and aware.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Hyper, MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Production sets up these antics. I don't believe their daily life is filled with constant hilarity and stunts like allowing a 7 year old to open 3 jars of mayo, which conveniently had the labels removed. Laughing upon arriving home to see a couple dozen toilet paper rolls streaming across their yard? Nope, not buying that either.

We have no idea what really goes on. That many people in close quarters with an infant has to cause tension, bursts of anger and some friction. I am not implying there isn't a lot of love between them and good times. Just saying we are not seeing an accurate portrayal of what life is like for them.

The crudness is real. I don't think they are faking that.
    MizDaisy likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With all of the crap that they have in their home, none of this surprises me. I think even June sees the ridiculousness of the amounts of things. Folks are just different.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Watched the specials the last two weeks and have to say - man that is one LOUD family. Whoa! Especially the girls, they yell everything. Even when they are having a so called normal conversation they yell. Kind of brings Alana's behavior on those interviews into perspective a little as her behavior on the show is the same - very loud. I still find June and SB to be the most real (themselves) on the show. The girls maybe they do always act that way but there seems to be more playing for the camera than from June and SB.
    As to June putting the money in trusts - will believe for now as we have not seen any kind of big money purchases on the show or renovations etc that would indicate the money is being spent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I never implied anything of the sort and I wasn't making any kind of comparisons. My point is that just because this woman goes along with the (manufactured, IMO) down-home "fun" for the cameras doesn't make her an attentive parent. She has somehow found time along the way to find different baby daddies for all her children and haul her little moneymaker to beauty pageants - oh, and apparently she's a hoarder, too. I never said she was worse than, say, those "real housewife" mommies - just rolling in a different kind of muck. But just as opportunistic and fame-hungry.
    Well said!

I think even June sees the ridiculousness of the amounts of things.
    I think June knows exactly what she's doing. She's called herself an "extreme couponer" since the beginning, Whether it's extreme couponing and the resulting stash, or the extreme, obnoxious behavior, it's all calculated attention for the TV audience. And it works.

Just like you are not responsible for your looks (unless you are "plasticized or cosmetically altered"), you are also not responsible for the circumstances into which you where born, nor the families into which you were born.
    Everyone is responsible for their behavior, and making choices about how they want to be perceived by others. June has repeatedly said she doesn't care what other people think about her and her family. Alrighty then.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 01-14-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    June is very attentive to her family, maybe not in ways that we appreciate. I'd prefer not to negatively judge this woman and her family because they do things differently than I would. Except for the accident of birth, "there, but for the grace of God, go I." I consider myself fortunate to have been born into more comfortable circumstances....not a fortunate as some, and more fortunate than quite a few. My family was smaller, and there was not as much laughter, craziness, and closeness....but it was a good family....just different. I learned different values than the "Boo-Boos", but got exposed to some of their "types" of things as an adult....and, let me tell you, it took some getting used to! When I learned to include their lessons into what it was that I had learned, it was just one of those moments. I was no better; just different.....and they seemed to find it hilarious that I was confounded by it all; maybe because I didn't judge them. I'm pretty sure they are laughing/scoffing at most people like they know they are being viewed.....and most of these people would not trade their lives for those of others for anything in the world.

Just like you are not responsible for your looks (unless you are "plasticized or cosmetically altered"), you are also not responsible for the circumstances into which you where born, nor the families into which you were born. It just is what it is. Unless you are shown differently or exposed to different things, you won't know what's out there.

When you get into adulthood, that can be a different thing. I think it's amazing what these kinds of folks can teach you that will keep you alive, safe, and aware.
    C'mon, June is on her second TV show. She knows how to behave, she just plays up this false "redneck" crap for the camera. I'm positive she knows it's disgusting to pass gas on camera, for instance. She chooses her behaviour and in turn, she chooses it for her children because it's money in the bank.

Look, I actually think Alana is an exceptional child. She's clearly a born performer and given the chance, she can be quite charming. But the mother has taken over the starring role, exactly like Kate Gosselin did. And we all know how well that's turned out for her.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

My my my....I just watched my first episode

I watched the Thanksgiving episode, quite different it was. But I was wondering whose baby is that? They never made mention of him or her. Do you all know whose it is?

Thanx
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    My my my....I just watched my first episode

I watched the Thanksgiving episode, quite different it was. But I was wondering whose baby is that? They never made mention of him or her. Do you all know whose it is?

Thanx
    The oldest daughter, Anna's
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The oldest daughter, Anna's
    Thank you
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

+ Reply to Thread