+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/rules..._and_rules.pdf

honey boo boo lives in McIntyre GA
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

i
    f the state in which June and her kids live has a set of laws governing child actors that include reality show kids, then one of most common rules is the Coogan law, named after former child actor Jackie Coogan, whose parents essentially robbed him blind. As a result, child actors, first in California, and increasingly everywhere else, must have a portion of their earnings set aside in trusts for them.
    Unfortunately, children who appear on reality shows are not members of SAG (Screen Actors Guild) and not considered child actors. Federal child labor laws do not cover children in the entertainment industry, so individual states must establish their own laws, like California's "Coogan law." Other states may have their own laws that may or may not include a requirement for a trust fund. For example, Pennsylvania approved a law last year, similar to California's, that addresses children in entertainment and includes the requirement for establishing a trust fund. But according to A Minor Consideration, 16 states have yet to pass those laws. Georgia's children employed in entertainment requirements do not require a trust fund, as shown in the link below. Minors under 15 can work up to 10 hours a day, with required breaks.

Child Labor Entertainment Employment | Employers | Georgia Department of Labor

FORT Fogey

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 01-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    HBB and family are classy compared to the kids on MTV's Buckwild.
    That's setting the bar awfully low, though. Using those standards, Snooki falls just a notch below Kate Middleton.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    That's setting the bar awfully low, though. Using those standards, Snooki falls just a notch below Kate Middleton.
    Hahahaha!

I live in a very expensive neighborhood and I can assure you a lot of these entitled and privileged kids have the same buckwild behaviors as the BooBoo's they just do it on a better scale. They don't go muddin,they take joy rides in mom and Dads luxury cars,have parties and drink liquor sometimes with mommy and daddy's ok. They get upset if they are told no about anything. The difference with those in the Kate Middelton class a lot of times they are left to their own devices so intervention usually happens once they have hurt someone else or themselves seriously. It happened in my neighborhood recently.

June does reprimand her kids and she is around them to at least try to keep them in line. I would love to challenge some of the kids in my block to find away to have fun like the BooBoo's do with nothing. I doubt they could.
    LuckyMom likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you have nothing....you make do and find a way! I like that it inspires creativity. It definitely can be better than having too much. Life's little lessons....
    MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I live in a very expensive neighborhood and I can assure you a lot of these entitled and privileged kids have the same buckwild behaviors as the BooBoo's they just do it on a better scale. They don't go muddin,they take joy rides in mom and Dads luxury cars,have parties and drink liquor sometimes with mommy and daddy's ok. They get upset if they are told no about anything. The difference with those in the Kate Middelton class a lot of times they are left to their own devices so intervention usually happens once they have hurt someone else or themselves seriously. It happened in my neighborhood recently.

June does reprimand her kids and she is around them to at least try to keep them in line. I would love to challenge some of the kids in my block to find away to have fun like the BooBoo's do with nothing. I doubt they could.
    Reprimand? All I hear from those kids are smartass remarks, back-talk, and cussing. And I'd like to see how June keeps in her kids in line, considering how she's got a teenage daughter with a baby already. As long as they're "having fun as a family" it's ok, I guess.
    ness and MizDaisy like this.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

June isn't the first and she will not be the last to have a pregnant teen. Teens don't just get pregnant in poor areas with redneck moms. The implication seems to be because she is a redneck,has bad hygiene and loud kids she is any different than High class inattentive mom with lots of money who has a pregnant teen also. I would rather have the mom who spends time with me and may be less than attractive but still wants me around. YMMV
    prhoshay likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I never implied anything of the sort and I wasn't making any kind of comparisons. My point is that just because this woman goes along with the (manufactured, IMO) down-home "fun" for the cameras doesn't make her an attentive parent. She has somehow found time along the way to find different baby daddies for all her children and haul her little moneymaker to beauty pageants - oh, and apparently she's a hoarder, too. I never said she was worse than, say, those "real housewife" mommies - just rolling in a different kind of muck. But just as opportunistic and fame-hungry.
    Shoepie and MizDaisy like this.

+ Reply to Thread