+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree608Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I saw less than 2 minutes of this child on T&T before the premier of her show. Apparently it is perfectly fine with a 4 year old child to be taught that it is OK by her parents & TLC that it is perfectly OK to use derogatory names towards her gay uncle. I am sorry but if that type of behaviour is encouraged at that age it will only get worse as she grows older. Her uncle & family may be fine with it but I would wager there might be people who aren't. I am straight but I found that to be horrible.

I turned off T&T ...DONE with TLC!
    karalott and JohnnyK like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

And who says you need talent to make it in Hollywood? Seriously, make a sex tape, get a reality show. Break the law, get a reality show. Break up a marriage, get a reality show. Be completely degrading and outrageous and disgusting, get a reality show. My job pays peanuts. Maybe I need to find an angle

This is actually the saddest display. I feel like it's more TLC is setting them up to be laughed at. I saw previews for this show, and I almost hope this family is playing it up for the cameras. I saw a comment on twitter in reaction to this show. Can't remember where it came from, but it spoke the truth: when you wonder why your favorite show gets cancelled, look no further than shows like this. It also said to support PBS, which seems to be one of the few networks to still have its dignity in tact. I just don't get it. There really are no words. The best thing that can start happening is for shows like this to bomb. Maybe then the networks will get it. I'll be glad when reality shows and no name talents (I use that word loosely) are on their way out.
    ness, tapper01 and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    I need help because I LMAO!!!!
    I was reading some of the reviews of this online. They weren't as bad as I thought they would be. ( sigh) I guess we all have choice though- right ?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And who says you need talent to make it in Hollywood? Seriously, make a sex tape, get a reality show. Break the law, get a reality show. Break up a marriage, get a reality show. Be completely degrading and outrageous and disgusting, get a reality show. My job pays peanuts. Maybe I need to find an angle

This is actually the saddest display. I feel like it's more TLC is setting them up to be laughed at. I saw previews for this show, and I almost hope this family is playing it up for the cameras. I saw a comment on twitter in reaction to this show. Can't remember where it came from, but it spoke the truth: when you wonder why your favorite show gets cancelled, look no further than shows like this. It also said to support PBS, which seems to be one of the few networks to still have its dignity in tact. I just don't get it. There really are no words. The best thing that can start happening is for shows like this to bomb. Maybe then the networks will get it. I'll be glad when reality shows and no name talents (I use that word loosely) are on their way out.
    ACK! I love reality TV! I hope for more like Top Chef, Project Runway, Food Network Star and Dancing with the Stars.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    ACK! I love reality TV! I hope for more like Top Chef, Project Runway, Food Network Star and Dancing with the Stars.
    Its not going anywhere .I am already looking forward to the Amazing Race
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

Dignity, excellent word to choose. While I like some reality tv... I look at a channel like the History Channel. I remember a time that I didn't have it and wanted it so much! Now I have it and the closest it gets to history is Ancient Aliens. So sad.

As for this show, TLC you sink low. Some reality is fine, but when does it stop?
    karalott likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

There's no way I'd ever be interested in a show like this. I saw a picture of her on the msn homepage and that's all I need to see. Why do people still watch crap like this and T&T.
    karalott and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    There's no way I'd ever be interested in a show like this. I saw a picture of her on the msn homepage and that's all I need to see. Why do people still watch crap like this and T&T.
    In a world were E! has on 8 hours of the Kardashians you have to ask? Someone must be watching it.
    karalott, JulieAnn and tapper01 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Reality shows are cheap to produce, easy to discard, & many have a revolving door of "stars" so as not to have to pay them much the longer the show stays on. If the returning "stars" get too greedy, on to the next one.
    I haven't seen this one, but like so many others, it sounds like nothing more than a freak show novelty act. People tune in to watch the trainwreck. When they get tired of it, there are plenty more freaks lining up to take this one's place.

With that said, I ADORE Duck Dynasty! Freak show, yes. But nice ones you'd like to hang out with.
    karalott and mom2 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Yep, I watched two episodes and only then had to force myself not to actually FF through the whole show. I don't care that they are redneck, poor, uneducated, reproducing at will, or even rude and unruley... What really bothers me is that they don't seem to grasp the fact that the whole show has really set them up to be ridiculed (even the constant images of the train that runs one foot from the back of their house) WTH? When someone says, "I don't care what people think of me I'm going to do what I want" I take that as a cry for help. It's great to be independent and to not follow the crowd, but we all need to care a little bit about what others think, otherwise you might find yourself unemployed, unhealthy... and on TLC!!
    Punkin and karalott like this.

+ Reply to Thread