+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Really? These clowns? This is (yet another — high speed rail? healthcare?) an embarrassment to our country. Yet again.
    Thank you, great-grandparents. You couldn't have picked Switzerland? Or France?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have read that Mama June has put all the money in the children's name in a trust that they will receive at 21, expect for school or medical. At least one has it right. She does not even get the money, straight to a trust.
    I read that also... and think I did underestimate June. Although their lifestyle is abhorrent to me (actually it makes me a little sick to see how they live), they do care about one another, and in their own ways take care of one another. Bravo portrays them as living a grubby, dirty life; so it's amazing that June has her wits about her at all- saving money is not what I would have expected.

And what's with the couponing activity? Doesn't it take some organizational skill and a bit of intelligence to get all that together? I just don't get it! They live like hogs, but probably don't have to.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

actually if you look at the home its clean inside. Just because they live alittle different from the norm does not make them stupid.
    sparklete likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I read that also... and think I did underestimate June. Although their lifestyle is abhorrent to me (actually it makes me a little sick to see how they live), they do care about one another, and in their own ways take care of one another. Bravo portrays them as living a grubby, dirty life; so it's amazing that June has her wits about her at all- saving money is not what I would have expected.

And what's with the couponing activity? Doesn't it take some organizational skill and a bit of intelligence to get all that together? I just don't get it! They live like hogs, but probably don't have to.
    Prism . . .

ITA with you that to put that money in trust for those girls is the LAST thing I would've expected out of June. If, indeed, she HAS done that, my hat's off to her.

Their lifestyle?

STILL haven't --- and WON'T --- watch because of that.

But, to each their own.

Kudos to her for the trust funds for those girls.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

HBB and family are classy compared to the kids on MTV's Buckwild.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok I taped it and attempted to watch the season opener last night.

After about 5 minutes maybe it was 7; about the time one daughter was picking her nose and eating it DELETE. GAWD.

And MD, you thought their house was clean. Well, like I said I only watched 7 minutes but in those 7 minutes I noted that every sheet on every bed was STAINED and NASTY.

On the plus side, KUDOS to MOM for putting the money from the show in TRUST accounts for the girls. YAY!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

So June claims she's established trust funds for her daughters. Of course, there's no way to verify she's actually done that. I don't think anyone has said June isn't intellectually capable of making that kind of decision, but I also think June knows that making this claim makes her look good. Kate Gosselin said the same thing early on but the divorce proceeding revealed no such accounts existed. Given the fact that June is capable of deceiving the public (last year her sister in law reported June was paying Anna $500/week to come to the house and appear to be living with the family, when Anna was actually raised by her grandmother) I'm skeptical about the trust funds.

In the latest episode, the kids are all noticeably heavier than last season, and we see them grabbing handfuls of candy for Halloween (throwing away an apple to stuff on candy). Amping up the gross factor, two of the girls are shown picking and eating their boogers, June and SB in what appeared to be a sleeping bag on a stained mattress with no sheets. I thought the girls' behavior was particularly obnoxious and disrespectful, telling June how awful she looks. And poor baby Kaitlin splattered with pumpkin innards is sooooo funny.

Alana has become obese and IMO getting less cute by the minute. As big as she's become, she's not competitive for pageants and I hope the "temporary break" June claims they've taken from pageants becomes permanent because at this point it would be cruel to let Alana believe she's competitive.

I personally am taking her at her word until proven otherwise. It's something easily researched by anyone who cares to dig. So if she is lying then she will be found out. Personally I still like the family and only have good wishes for them all.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

It's something easily researched by anyone who cares to dig.
    Sorry, but a trust fund is a private transaction conducted with an attorney or banking/investment firm, and extremely unlikely that "anyone who cares to dig" could easily access this family's personal financial information. If it was that easy, the tabloids would already have published it. If the Gosselins hadn't divorced we may never have known that there were no trust funds for the kids. It was only after the filing became public that it was revealed and that's when Kate established the funds.

FORT Fogey

June may or may not have an option when it comes to setting up trust funds for the kids who appear on-screen in the series. According to the A Minor Consideration website, all but sixteen states now have laws governing child actors. I don't watch the show, so I don't know what state it's taped in, but if the state in which June and her kids live has a set of laws governing child actors that include reality show kids, then one of most common rules is the Coogan law, named after former child actor Jackie Coogan, whose parents essentially robbed him blind. As a result, child actors, first in California, and increasingly everywhere else, must have a portion of their earnings set aside in trusts for them.

Of course, whether June had to do it or chose to do it, it's still a good thing for the kids involved. And even if the law in her state required her to do it, I suppose it's still accurate for June to state she's established those trust funds. She'd simply be acknowledging that she was abiding by the law.

+ Reply to Thread