+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I'm with you about the drama in the reporting. It's like when any time you hear about a celeb being taken to the hospital, they are always rushed to the hospital.....it's about making things sound more dire than they actually are.

They, the reporters, are trying to give you "the vapors", if you will. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And, about the stupid snake, I couldn't help but wonder if the guy that put the snake on June didn't get it from one of his friends, or behead the snake for a different reason/use. I doubt that he killed it for the show. If this show has shown us anything at all, it's that people who live their lives have different senses of humor than we may be used to. Heck, he could have found the snake with its head cut off and knew how freaked out June was about snakes. And any child is going to "wig out" if they see their mother "wigging out"; they learn this lunacy from us!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I watched Honey and June interviewed on Dr Drew. I raised two children and have 4 grandchildren. I have never seen this behavior with them or any of their friends. When volunteering in school I didn't see it with kids I didn't know either. Very odd. She has not been taught manners, that is for sure, but it is more than that. I didn't watch the show but saw enough clips to totally get it. Extremely unappealing child.

Can't teach manners if you don't have any yourself. I saw Dr Drew & their show.
    ness, Shoepie and tapper01 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The reality is that ALL behaviors you might think would be common, across the board, are not prized in ALL homes. We tend to raise children the way we have been raised, so that could tell the tale. Can you imagine?! Then again, June could be one of those parents who swears that what was done to her would not be done with/to her children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know people have a variety of opinions on this show, but has anyone heard about the new show on Oxygen "All My Babies Mamas"? Its about a Rap star who has 11 kids by 10 women... it hasn't aired yet and I pray it never will. This show is making Honey Boo Boo and clan seem quite prim, proper and normal.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Good heavens--imagine just the legal problems in getting such a show on the air, as you'd have to get approval from all the mothers. Not to mention that there could be filming issues, assuming the kids don't all live in near proximity to one another.

I guess my other big question would be why anyone would want to watch such a show? I mean, wouldn't it just be watching a guy go from mama/child to mama/child ad nauseum?

But then, I don't understand the fascination with the Honey Boo Boo clan either. I don't watch their show and don't feel like I'm missing much by not doing so, but I can't hep knowing about them because they're everywhere.

I have a feeling that the $$ involved was a contributing factor to them all agreeing. From what I read, there will be cat fights etc..... this is getting really old.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I have a feeling that the $$ involved was a contributing factor to them all agreeing. From what I read, there will be cat fights etc..... this is getting really old.
    I sincerely hope the fights won't be in front of any of the children. Kids don't need to see that--such things frighten the little ones and horribly embarrass the older ones.

I have read that Mama June has put all the money in the children's name in a trust that they will receive at 21, expect for school or medical. At least one has it right. She does not even get the money, straight to a trust.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have read that Mama June has put all the money in the children's name in a trust that they will receive at 21, expect for school or medical. At least one has it right. She does not even get the money, straight to a trust.
    Perhaps I have underestimated her??

+ Reply to Thread