+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I should be long dead and gone by then but, trust and believe, that there WILL be a successor to that throne.
    No doubt. Could even be one of Alana's grandkids.

Alana may grow up and do something incredible with her life- one never knows.
    You're right, we don't know what Alana's future may be, and I'd be glad to be proven wrong but I'm not optimistic.

I think other than her 5 failed marriages Taylor is known for her work with Aids.
    Multiple failed marriages are so common in Hollywood, they can't be blamed on being a child actress. Alana is at greater risk for multiple baby daddies, like June, rather than multiple husbands. Yes, Taylor was a pioneer in supporting Aids awareness long before it became fashionable. And Shirley Temple went on to become an ambassador for the U.S. (twice) and the first female chief of protocol for the WH. They were talented individuals on many levels.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-03-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Multiple failed marriages are so common in Hollywood, they can't be blamed on being a child actress. Alana is at greater risk for multiple baby daddies, like June, rather than multiple husbands. Yes, Taylor was a pioneer in supporting Aids awareness long before it became fashionable. And Shirley Temple went on to become an ambassador for the U.S. (twice) and the first female chief of protocol for the WH. They were talented individuals on many levels.
    One could also say Taylor married her men, believing in marriage, it just didn't work out. She probably would have been better off just dating most of those men.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    One could also say Taylor married her men, believing in marriage, it just didn't work out. She probably would have been better off just dating most of those men.
    She should have stopped going back to Burton, he was her drug of choice. They could have lived anywhere, and it still would have happrned( the marriages failing)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Taylor herself said in an interview that growing up, she was taught by her parents that if you fall in love, you get married, you don't have a love affair. I suspect later in life she may have agreed she would have been better off having affairs since she was married 8 times to 7 husbands (Burton twice).

They could have lived anywhere, and it still would have happrned( the marriages failing)
    Given the quote described above, Taylor's view of marriage would probably have been the same if she'd never become a movie star.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Taylor herself said in an interview that growing up, she was taught by her parents that if you fall in love, you get married, you don't have a love affair. I suspect later in life she may have agreed she would have been better off having affairs since she was married 8 times to 7 husbands (Burton twice).

Given the quote described above, Taylor's view of marriage would probably have been the same if she'd never become a movie star.
    Can't say she didn't try!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did I miss the Honey Boo-Boo Halloween special or did it never happen?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The whole family dressed up as box cars and went as a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    LOL! I am so glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth!
    scoot13 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Did I miss the Honey Boo-Boo Halloween special or did it never happen?
    I've read that June posted on her FB page that 3 specials were being filmed, for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, all scheduled to air in January.

In my dreams, that special would be the last we see of them, titled There Goes Honey Boo Boo.
    scoot13 and AZChristian like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you!
    I tend to think we won't be seeing a lot more of them. They are such an oddity, and there have been so may complaints. People would prefer tp believe/pretend that these people do not exist, BUT THEY DO!!!

As the saying goes, "It takes all kinds to make a world."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread