+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I watched some of the clips people have posted of Honey Boo Boo acting up during interviews and I have to say What is wrong with these people doing the interviews? When she doesn't want to answer your questions instead keep trying to push her to answer why don't you just turn to June and ask her something?
    I think what this family needed before they started all these interviews was a PR person to explain the hows and whys of an interview cause they just seem to be freelancing it.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I watched some of the clips people have posted of Honey Boo Boo acting up during interviews and I have to say What is wrong with these people doing the interviews? When she doesn't want to answer your questions instead keep trying to push her to answer why don't you just turn to June and ask her something?
    I think what this family needed before they started all these interviews was a PR person to explain the hows and whys of an interview cause they just seem to be freelancing it.
    I agree. When they do a show like this, is there something in their contract that says they have to do these talk shows.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Part of it might be that the interviewers feel that Alana is the "star" or the story, so they want her to do or say something to boost their ratings. I'm not saying that's appropriate, but it could be true. Part of it is also that from some of the clips I've seen, asking June a question doesn't seem to have much of an effect on HBB's behavior. She just keeps behaving as she was anyway, disruptive or not, and June seems incapable of doing anything about it, which is kind of odd, because I saw a part of their original T&T's episode yesterday, and she seemed to be able to discipline her then when she got out of control. Not that she did anything out of line--June just seemed clearer then about letting her know what was and wasn't acceptable for the situation. I wonder if the whole HBB phenomenon has just caught June so off-guard that she's starting to lose control of the current situation and her child.

I agree, they needed some kind of professional help when this whole thing started--and by that I mean professional media help, like a PR person or a good manager.
    libgirl2 and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Her parents spent most of her money She worked very very hard as child star, but her manager( her father) and her mother saw fit to spend it.
    Alana is no Shirley Temple. Shirley was a talented actress, singer and dancer who started in movies when she was 4 years old. By the time she was Alana's age, she was a worldwide movie star and had won a special juvenile Oscar. The Coogan Law (for child actors) wasn't enacted until 1939, when Shirley was 11 years old and had aged out of playing adorable little girl roles. So she made most of her money before there was a law requiring her parents to establish a trust fund for a percentage of her earnings, although the less popular films she made as a teenager would have been covered by the Coogan Law which her parents ignored. Alana is in the same position as Shirley before the Coogan Law was passed since there are no laws to protect the earnings of reality show kids. June claims to have created trust funds for her kids, but there is no way to verify that, and there are no laws that can be enforced to require her to do so.

I'm not excusing Shirley's parents, of course they should have done a better job of protecting the earnings from not only her movies but also the lucrative merchandising of products like Shirley Temple dolls and numerous items with her likeness. But they didn't just spend it all. Shirley's father thought he was a savvy financial type and best suited to managing her money. Instead he lost most of it in bad investments. We can only hope that Alana's parents aren't persuaded to use the money earned from this show in bad investments because their fame is sure to attract any number of people with opportunities that are too good to be true.

I never said she was. But child stars have had rough times .Elizabeth Taylor for one.Child stars were given pills years ago - but all that was all hidden.
    June will do as she sees fit, she isn't accountable to anyone of us watching, or in my case, not watching
    Shoepie and MsDiva2007 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Child stars were given pills years ago - but all that was all hidden.
    So was Judy Garland and look how that turned out.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OMG I feel so sorry for this poor kid. Seeing the way she's being used, makes me want to cry.

FORT Fogey

I never said she was. But child stars have had rough times .Elizabeth Taylor for one.Child stars were given pills years ago - but all that was all hidden.
    I'm sure the list could get a lot longer. But those wrongs don't justify what's happening to Alana.

June will do as she sees fit, she isn't accountable to anyone of us watching, or in my case, not watching
    You're right, just as those parents of child actors weren't accountable to anyone, so it is for June. And just as so many of those kids were left with lifelong issues -- some that were overcome, some that weren't -- so will Alana have to deal with the aftermath of being sold out by her parents. The difference is despite the difficulties, a number of child performers -- like Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Patty Duke, all of whom achieved success in acting by the time they were Alana's age -- went on to achieve success as adult performers in acting because of their innate talent. Alana's "talent" has a very brief spotlight in the world of reality TV. What shocks and entertains today is old news tomorrow. Natalie Wood starred in Miracle on 34th Street, made in 1947, Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet, 1944, Patty Duke in The Miracle Worker, 1961 that families still love to watch today. Who will be watching Alana fart and belch on camera 60+ years from now?
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I should be long dead and gone by then but, trust and believe, that there WILL be a successor to that throne.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    I'm sure the list could get a lot longer. But those wrongs don't justify what's happening to Alana.

You're right, just as those parents of child actors weren't accountable to anyone, so it is for June. And just as so many of those kids were left with lifelong issues -- some that were overcome, some that weren't -- so will Alana have to deal with the aftermath of being sold out by her parents. The difference is despite the difficulties, a number of child performers -- like Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Patty Duke, all of whom achieved success in acting by the time they were Alana's age -- went on to achieve success as adult performers in acting because of their innate talent. Alana's "talent" has a very brief spotlight in the world of reality TV. What shocks and entertains today is old news tomorrow. Natalie Wood starred in Miracle on 34th Street, made in 1947, Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet, 1944, Patty Duke in The Miracle Worker, 1961 that families still love to watch today. Who will be watching Alana fart and belch on camera 60+ years from now?
    Alana may grow up and do something incredible with her life- one never knows. I think other than her 5 failed marriages Taylor is known for her work with Aids.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread