+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Random thoughts:

She is encouraged to act out for the show and gets support for that. My guess is that she thinks she is supposed to act that way in front of a camera. This is why the interviews are a disaster. She is never coached to answer questions seriously. She may not know how. The interview where she kept putting her hand over June's mouth got laughs from her mother. How is she supposed to know how to behave if she is getting laughs for doing her schick? I am not defending, by any means, just observing. I find it obnoxious.

My philosphy is to live and let live. I have only seen a couple of episodes but numerous clips on entertainment shows. It is their choice to live their life as they choose. I cannot get fired up about this.

Those with money can dontate to anyone they choose! There are no rules or moral reasons to follow. And they can tell the world if they choose, too!
    I agree with you Shoepie. I think about say, Shirley Temple How old was she ? she went through some hard times, but she did okay. I see some familes on Doctor Phil, horrible children, that have horrible parents. They dont have a show on TV, their lives are just awful.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    OK, but you're going to have to agree to burp, pass gas, act obnoxious on TV shows, etc., to qualify.

Awesome.

Though I wasn't sure if you were talking about the Boo Boo's or Rosie, there, at first. But it doesn't matter either way, it was funny!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Though I wasn't sure if you were talking about the Boo Boo's or Rosie, there, at first. But it doesn't matter either way, it was funny!
    Well, since my opinion of both is pretty much the same, the comments could apply to either . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you Shoepie. I think about say, Shirley Temple How old was she ? she went through some hard times, but she did okay. I see some familes on Doctor Phil, horrible children, that have horrible parents. They dont have a show on TV, their lives are just awful.
    Shirley Temple turned out pretty good. I read her bio and don't remember if it was that she had a stable home life or was just smart enough to know what to do right.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Shirley Temple turned out pretty good. I read her bio and don't remember if it was that she had a stable home life or was just smart enough to know what to do right.
    She had a contract with a studio who watched over her carefully right down to no swearing allowed on the set. They would shut filming down if any condition was not good for her. She said she was always disappointed when this happened because she loved to work.

There is definately an IQ issue with Honey and her family. Shirly was clearly very smart.

FORT Fogey

She had a contract with a studio who watched over her carefully right down to no swearing allowed on the set. They would shut filming down if any condition was not good for her. She said she was always disappointed when this happened because she loved to work.

There is definately an IQ issue with Honey and her family. Shirly was clearly very smart.
    And, unfortunately, for every Shirley Temple or Ron Howard or Neil Patrick Harris, there are probably two or three other child actors who don't manage to go on to an adult career in acting or don't handle growing out of the cute kid actor stage well. Even Shirley had her problems once she hit puberty and the roles diminished in quantity and, in some cases, quality. That's why organizations like Paul Peterson's A Minor Consideration are necessary.

Look, I think everyone hopes Alana ends up fine. But she's exhibiting some characteristics of a child under some stress, and she's not really in the same position as someone like Shirley Temple, who was admired for her talents--and whether you're a big fan of Shirley's or not, it's clear that she could tap dance etc. She and her family may be admired by some, but there's another faction of the audience who are clearly viewing them as, for lack of a better term, an entertaining train wreck, given the comments that can be read on the internet and elsewhere. When Alana's old enough to realize fully what's going on, that may be hard for her to handle. Even people who claim they don't care what other people think often do, at least to some extent.

Shirley did love her work and she also knew when it was beneficial for her to slow down her career and do what was best for her and her family.

Her parents spent most of her money She worked very very hard as child star, but her manager( her father) and her mother saw fit to spend it.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Her parents spent most of her money She worked very very hard as child star, but her manager( her father) and her mother saw fit to spend it.
    ah, yes.... when I said family though, I meant her children.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    ah, yes.... when I said family though, I meant her children.

I was just thinking back to when she was a child and how her parents were ( especially with her money)
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread