+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sure other countries have people/communities comparable to our "rednecks"; we just don't know what they are called!
    I am from the deep south. I now live in NY. I have traveled extensively across the U.S. and in Italy. I assure you; there are Honey Boo Boo's and June's everywhere the world over. They just aren't on camera. Funny, I don't watch this show but am from the same state and near the same town as the family. Lately when I've said where I"m from; people immediately respond with, "Oh like Honey Boo Boo!". I don't know them; but I've known families similar (in the south and in the north).
    prhoshay, march, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They showed clips of Alana/June's two recent appearances that are under discussion here on The Talk this afternoon. They pointed out that in both cases, Alana clearly started playing to the camera as soon as she saw it, and when the audience responded on Kimmel, she started playing to them too, repeating lines that she obviously knew had gotten a response before. It wasn't just a seven year old being fidgety--it was a seven year old who's been led to believe that her "job" is to perform doing what she's been encouraged to do whenever she sees a camera or an audience. Sarah Gilbert suggested that she's one confused little girl who's been encouraged to "perform" whenever she's in public or in front of a camera not being able to understand when she should act out and when she should sit still, because no one's ever made it clear to her. That seemed a pretty sensible explanation to me.

It's also sort of sad how much Alana seems to feel that she needs to perform whenever there's a camera or audience, mostly because I don't think she understands that people aren't necessarily just laughing with her. They may be laughing at her too. Once she figures that out, it might be a fairly big letdown for her, and it may be difficult for her to take.

Make her stop! Make her GO AWAY!!!! Please!!!! She is EVERYWHERE! On every station... on every talk show.... HONEY BOO BOO! RIDICULOUS!!!!! Alana's behavior is COMPLETELY disturbing. Especially on KTLA. Obviously that family has NO control over Alana. I don't care IF she is told to perform while the cameras are running. That girl is out of control. And I would guess she is like that in "real" life. Of course the fault is of her parents. Children are the responsibility of the parents... think of them like clay... IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY of the parents to mold their children into well behaved... respectable people. And it is clear... this is NOT happening in this family.

Alana is COMPLETELY out of control and she is how old? 7? Just think of her when she's a teenager... and then an adult? OMG what a fricken mess!

Its a real shame what some people will do for money..... and sadly for this family... they are doing it to one of their own. NO DOUBT, they will self-destruct!!!

Believe me... I am NOT laughing with them... or AT them for that matter. I just can't find anything funny about this family!

This family definitely needs THERAPY!!!!

FORT Fogey

Rosie O'Donnell will help the Boo Boo clan with home renovations.

Earlier this month, Rosie O'Donnell told People magazine that she wanted to buy a new home for the stars of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." The family responded that they don't need a new home, but their current pad in McIntyre, Georgia could use some help with renovations.

O'Donnell is down to help. "We're in! Are you kidding me? Of course," O'Donnell told People magazine at her Building Dreams for Kids Gala to benefit Rosie's Theater Kids. Thinking out loud, O'Donnell said she'd make some calls and turn the home improvement into a Christmas special called "Rosie O'Donnell and Honey Boo Boo's Renovation."
    Rosie O'Donnell wants to renovate Honey Boo Boo's house - Yahoo! TV

I thought someone posted earlier that the family is renting this house. If that's true, the landlord will be thrilled about this.

I really do not have any use for Rosie O'Donnell, BUT, if she wants to buy/renovate/pay off someone's house, she can pay mine off.
    libgirl2 and NEPASue like this.
    There's no place like home!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I really do not have any use for Rosie O'Donnell, BUT, if she wants to buy/renovate/pay off someone's house, she can pay mine off.
    OK, but you're going to have to agree to burp, pass gas, act obnoxious on TV shows, etc., to qualify.
    waywyrd, ness, Shoepie and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I've said it before and I'll say it again: has she never heard of Habitat for Humanity? There are a lot of people out there who aren't being paid thousands of dollars an episode who don't just need renovations but actual homes--and they're willing to put sweat equity of their own toward getting one. How about Rosie O'Donnell helping some of them out instead? Or throwing some cash toward helping with renovations for the houses of people who can't afford to fix their homes to accommodate the physical needs of their disabled residents? I'm sure there are some veterans who could use a wheel chair ramp or two. I just don't see the HBB family as one in that desperate need of assistance. In fact, apparently they don't either, since June turned down her offer of a new house.
    ness, Allie, NEPASue and 1 others like this.

You can't tell people who to donate their hard earned money to. I abhor Rosie but it is her money.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mine too... I'll even burp and fart on camera!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    You can't tell people who to donate their hard earned money to. I abhor Rosie but it is her money.

No, you can't tell someone how he/she can donate his/her money. But you certainly are allowed to have an opinion when a celebrity announces that he/she is going to donate money to a particular person or cause. O'Donnell put her plans out there, which makes them available for public commentary. If she wanted to avoid that, all she had to do was make her donation anonymously.
    waywyrd and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Mine too... I'll even burp and fart on camera!
    If you can do that, you can probably have your own show on TLC and pay off your mortgage that way.
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread