+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

...and somewhere in the hills of PA sits a lonely washed up (but neatly tanned, mani and pedied) mom of 8...twins and sextuplets...weeping and kicking in walls because she can no longer get any network, including TLC (the same network that
    used to kiss her butt), to put her back on tv!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This past Sunday afternoon I had TLC on while I was working in the house because they were showing 20/20 true crime stories, which are weekend catnip to me. I saw this Honey Boo Boo ad more than I ever wanted to. As for the accents, I can understand the adults just fine, but Honey (like a lot of the kids on the TLC shows) has that slurred kid speech--where you can't tell when one word ended and the other began--that makes her somewhat more difficult to understand. I still have no idea what the last word is that she says in the ad. "You'd better red recognize" is what I hear. I doubt she's a secret commie.
    She is saying red neck recognize. These people are truly gross with the muddying,road kill eating and belly squeshing,lol
    karalott and tapper01 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had no idea who this was.. Someone on facebook had a link to her. I took a look- that's a big PASS on this show for me. I see some pretty rotten reality TV, but this.
    Little Sew&Sew and tapper01 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Omg worse than I feared. Egads,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

I need help because I LMAO!!!!
    MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I think the TLC PTB have allowed themselves to fall victim to what I like to think of as the "Rubbernecking Syndrome" of reality TV. I.E., the more outrageous, ridiculous, different, insane or off-the-chain the premise or format of a show is, the more likely it is that people will slow down, take a look, become fascinated with the "WTF!" aspect and keep tuning in and increasing their ratings.

Or, at least that's what I think they HOPE for, anyway.

I thought "TLC" was originally supposed to stand for The Learning Channel.

Maybe somebody has some thoughts they'd like to put out here on what exactly it is that we're supposed to be learning from Honey Boo Boo and her clan?

I, for one, would really be interested in hearing those thoughts.
    looks like this is sort of a spin off of What not to Wear, only it should have been called "How not to behave"
    ness likes this.

I saw the commercial and seriously, it looked like an SNL video. These people are horrifying.

Remember when TLC showed stuff like Trading Spaces? At least Ty Pennington was nice to look at.
    karalott and mom2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Oh wow. This is really bad. Hysterical they have to use subtitles!

It is unfortunate but she is not an attractive child and will not grow up into a beauty who will win Miss America as toothless dad claimed.

The judge tells them that she has to be more refined. They have no clue what that means. Do these people know they are being set up to be ridiculed? They are watching this as we are so we are bound to find out. Likely they will be very proud of who they are.

Looks like Glitzy the pig dies on the dinning room table or at least begins his transition!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Oh wow. This is really bad. Hysterical they have to use subtitles!

It is unfortunate but she is not an attractive child and will not grow up into a beauty who will win Miss America as toothless dad claimed.

The judge tells them that she has to be more refined. They have no clue what that means. Do these people know they are being set up to be ridiculed? They are watching this as we are so we are bound to find out. Likely they will be very proud of who they are.

Looks like Glitzy the pig dies on the dinning room table or at least begins his transition!
    How much did they get paid? that's what really matters
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    How much did they get paid? that's what really matters

Got that! No clue but you know they are low on the reality pay scale! If this sees another season it may go up. There is no way it will. I watched the 2 episodes and not interested to continue. I just had to check it out.

+ Reply to Thread