+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I just watched the video and I have seen that kind of behavoir from kids that age before that were not in front of a camera. You see parents trying to talk to other adults and the kids will talk and talk and talk and run around just wanting attention. No different than what alyana was doing.
    That being said I Like June, she is funny without over trying.
    prhoshay, MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I just watched the video and I have seen that kind of behavoir from kids that age before that were not in front of a camera. You see parents trying to talk to other adults and the kids will talk and talk and talk and run around just wanting attention. No different than what alyana was doing.
    As a parent, I've seen that kind of behavior too, and I've seen it dealt with two ways: either the parent disciplines the child and the behavior stops, or if it doesn't stop the parent leaves with the child, sometimes with the kid screaming their head off. Or the parent ignores the kid and the behavior continues to escalate until they do something that forces the parent to pay attention, or everyone around them has had enough and leaves. Kids learn with consequences: if there is no consequence for rude behavior, there's no reason to stop it.

I think the major difference is that Alana was on camera, and she knew the expectation was that she was there to be interviewed, with her mother. Alana wasn't just a little fidgety as some kids may be in that situation, she was so rude, loud and obnoxious that in several places the adults could barely be heard. Some people think that kind of behavior is cute, but it was incredibly rude to the people who invited them to make the appearance. I don't blame Alana, it was June who sat there and laughed it off as "that's just her."

June and Alana also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live later the same day. In this video of their appearance, she's somewhat better behaved than in the KTLA interview although it must have been a long day for her. When she's not engaged in conversation with Jimmy she's mugging for the audience but at least she's not loudly talking over them as she was on the KTLA interview. At one point, June even asks Jimmy, did you see the KTLA interview as Alana jumps around in her seat.

Honey Boo Boo and Mama on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1 - YouTube

Honey Boo Boo and Mama on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 10-16-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Here's the video of the KTLA interview.

Honey Boo Boo stole the show Monday morning on the KTLA Morning News - YouTube

This is really disturbing to watch. Alana's behavior is way out of control and June is completely ineffectual in her attempts to make her behave. I think Alana has learned that she becomes the center of attention with outrageous behavior and she continues to amp it up for the cameras. Or maybe she was bored, having done so many personal appearances and interviews, or overly tired, or had too much sugar and caffeine (again) and she was acting out. Who knows? Her weight gain is also very obvious. What a trainwreck.
    What a trainwreck indeed!! Its EXTREMELY sad!
    ness and MizDaisy like this.

FoRTer

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    That being said I Like June, she is funny without over trying.
    In a normal situation I think a child her age should know to be respectful when adults are talking. But in Alana's situation, I guess those lines are either blurred or don't exist- she is featured so often as the center of attention, or the topic of the adults' conversation, so I could see why it wouldn't make sense for her to think "I should be quite, grown ups are talking". I know there are lots of varying views on parenting styles and this family... if the TV version is anything like how they really live, I feel sad for how Alana is being raised.
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 10-16-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    ness, MizDaisy and I'm here like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Discipline is definitely not some parents strong suite! I've never understood why people are so reluctant to use the word, "No!" with their children. This household appears to be one of them.....of this, I do not approve.
    MizDaisy and I'm here like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

They showed clips of Alana/June's two recent appearances that are under discussion here on The Talk this afternoon. They pointed out that in both cases, Alana clearly started playing to the camera as soon as she saw it, and when the audience responded on Kimmel, she started playing to them too, repeating lines that she obviously knew had gotten a response before. It wasn't just a seven year old being fidgety--it was a seven year old who's been led to believe that her "job" is to perform doing what she's been encouraged to do whenever she sees a camera or an audience. Sarah Gilbert suggested that she's one confused little girl who's been encouraged to "perform" whenever she's in public or in front of a camera not being able to understand when she should act out and when she should sit still, because no one's ever made it clear to her. That seemed a pretty sensible explanation to me.

It's also sort of sad how much Alana seems to feel that she needs to perform whenever there's a camera or audience, mostly because I don't think she understands that people aren't necessarily just laughing with her. They may be laughing at her too. Once she figures that out, it might be a fairly big letdown for her, and it may be difficult for her to take.
    march, coltnlasma and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    What a trainwreck indeed!! Its EXTREMELY sad!
    People enjoy a wreck. If this were anything less, nobody would watch
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

In this case, though, what makes it sad, at least for me, is that the primary victim of this particular train wreck is a child who didn't decide for herself to board the train.

And aside from part of one episode, and clips I've seen elsewhere/commercials, I'm not watching. But even if you're not watching, Alana and her family have suddenly started popping up everywhere. If you're watching television at all, you're likely to see them. They were even on South Park last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    In this case, though, what makes it sad, at least for me, is that the primary victim of this particular train wreck is a child who didn't decide for herself to board the train.

And aside from part of one episode, and clips I've seen elsewhere/commercials, I'm not watching. But even if you're not watching, Alana and her family have suddenly started popping up everywhere. If you're watching television at all, you're likely to see them. They were even on South Park last week.
    I dont watch it, and I see them everywhere.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As a woman with 20 nieces and nephews I can assure you put a camera in front of any kid and they are going to play to it. Just like those silly adults you see hamming it up behind the news reporters on the news. The adults are old enough to know better,kids are just kids. Again This is a non factor for me?
    march, burntbrat and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread