+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Tilden, very well said, especially that part about the parents with the child on dad's shoulders.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Here is the article that states it was part of filming for the show. Alana was invited into the ring to help her favorite wrestler pin another wrestler. The whole thing was nothing more than what they call in wrestling a "work" it was made to take advantage of her new found fame and it apparently worked.

WWE Main Event Theme Song, Honey Boo Boo Update, Today's Superstars Matches - WrestlingInc.com
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Here is the article that states it was part of filming for the show. Alana was invited into the ring to help her favorite wrestler pin another wrestler. The whole thing was nothing more than what they call in wrestling a "work" it was made to take advantage of her new found fame and it apparently worked.

WWE Main Event Theme Song, Honey Boo Boo Update, Today's Superstars Matches - WrestlingInc.com
    This is not the event where Alana is pictured in the dailymail link posted above, which includes pics from a personal appearance at a Milledgeville, GA event where June, Lauryn and Alana facilitated a raffle drawing, as described in the following article. There is no mention of TLC filming any of it.

Noshing on Mountain Dew soda and candy bars including a Baby Ruth and Butterfinger before stepping into the ring, Honey Boo Boo helped as her mother, June Shannon, facilitated a raffle drawing during the event. Older sister Lauryn, aka Pumpkin, was also in attendance.
    Honey Boo Boo Wears Princess Costume, Hops Into Wrestling Ring - UsMagazine.com
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 10-14-2012 at 06:16 PM.

FORT Fogey

In an early episode Jessica talked about wanting to lose weight because high school can be difficult. This recent photo indicates she's gained instead of lost weight and is on her way to looking like June. And she's only 14 or 15 years old.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/10/14/1014-honey-boo-boo-family-splash-3.jpg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Tilden, very well said, especially that part about the parents with the child on dad's shoulders.
    Let me tell you, that was a pretty scary thing to see. I was a fair distance away--in that park, you can see pretty much from one end to another--but just seeing it and knowing what had happened to people before when the falls were going pretty well, which they were that day, made me kind of hold my breath until they got across. A woman near me on the walking path was the one who drew my attention to what was going on. I suspect the couple were tourists, as the park attracts both locals and people who are passing through on vacation, as it's actually quite near downtown and easily accessible via a free trolley system. And, of course, it's free, which is always an attraction for families looking for something to do with their kids that's fun and inexpensive. I just wish someone more in the know had been near them when they started across so they could have been warned that it might not be the best idea to cross the river there. I've also seen people leading a toddler across the river from rock to rock at that point. Fortunately it's not anything that's very common. Most people are more sensible than that and keep their kids away from the falls themselves or use the public access/viewing areas that are very close to the falls but built with safety in mind. It's not an inherently dangerous area if you just use your common sense.

Honey Boo Boo and her mother were on KTLA, channel 5, here locally in Los Angeles today on their morning news/talk show for about 10 minutes. That was the most horrible, excruciatingly obnoxious interview I've ever seen conducted on TV. The station made a huge mistake in having a video monitor facing the two guests and the two interviewers and as soon as HBB saw herself on the monitor she began hamming it up for the camera, making awkward facial gestures, talking over everyone so loudly that no one could not hear what the mother nor the two interviewers were saying. June tried quieting HBB down to no avail and tried several times to get HBB to keep her legs together (she was wearing a very short glitzy skirt which revealed her white underwear). The only "news" that came out of the interview is that there will be three specials coming up: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, otherwise, as the mother said, "the show is in hiatus." Sam Reuben (one of the interviewers) questioned June if she ever knew the word "hiatus" a year ago, to which she replied no, but with the year's experience they've had one picks up the jargon. And, yes, HBB's weight gain was quite apparent. All in all, a rather bratty kid than is shown on the series.

FORT Fogey

Here's the video of the KTLA interview.

Honey Boo Boo stole the show Monday morning on the KTLA Morning News - YouTube

This is really disturbing to watch. Alana's behavior is way out of control and June is completely ineffectual in her attempts to make her behave. I think Alana has learned that she becomes the center of attention with outrageous behavior and she continues to amp it up for the cameras. Or maybe she was bored, having done so many personal appearances and interviews, or overly tired, or had too much sugar and caffeine (again) and she was acting out. Who knows? Her weight gain is also very obvious. What a trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Here's the video of the KTLA interview.

Honey Boo Boo stole the show Monday morning on the KTLA Morning News - YouTube

This is really disturbing to watch. Alana's behavior is way out of control and June is completely ineffectual in her attempts to make her behave. I think Alana has learned that she becomes the center of attention with outrageous behavior and she continues to amp it up for the cameras. Or maybe she was bored, having done so many personal appearances and interviews, or overly tired, or had too much sugar and caffeine (again) and she was acting out. Who knows? Her weight gain is also very obvious. What a trainwreck.
    I only saw it, couldn't listen as I am at work... I saw a kid who is being a kid who doesn't want to sit still. I get that. I think that is fairly normal. Maybe it was boredom... who knows how long she was up, how long they waited back stage etc... Yes she did ham it up for the camera, but that is the way she is.

As for the weight gain, yes, she is gaining alot of weight. Its a shame because she is a pretty child who doesn't need to have diabetes by the time she is 13.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

I saw a kid who is being a kid who doesn't want to sit still. I get that. I think that is fairly normal.
    Sure, kids can get fidgety. But the interview was only 7 minutes, and a 7 year old is certainly old enough to know how to behave for that period of time. Since you couldn't hear it, you couldn't tell that she was talking and singing -- loudly -- while the interviewers were trying to talk to June. She was so loud you couldn't hear what the adults were saying. At one point she demonstrated rock-scissors-paper and the male interviewer played with her, and then tried to move on and she kept doing it, louder and louder to interrupt the interview. It was so rude and obnoxious. Alana has learned that being loud and obnoxious gets attention and her family thinks it's cute. But there was nothing cute about that performance.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Sure, kids can get fidgety. But the interview was only 7 minutes, and a 7 year old is certainly old enough to know how to behave for that period of time. Since you couldn't hear it, you couldn't tell that she was talking and singing -- loudly -- while the interviewers were trying to talk to June. She was so loud you couldn't hear what the adults were saying. At one point she demonstrated rock-scissors-paper and the male interviewer played with her, and then tried to move on and she kept doing it, louder and louder to interrupt the interview. It was so rude and obnoxious. Alana has learned that being loud and obnoxious gets attention and her family thinks it's cute. But there was nothing cute about that performance.
    I'm going to have to give it a listen. I wonder if she was "pepped" up on go go juice? In addition to everything else.

+ Reply to Thread