+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree615Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

In yet another display of how not to parent a child, June takes Alana to a wrestling match, where Alana decides to climb into the ring after consuming candy bars and Mountain Dew. Note the photos of Alana with a candy bar in each hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2216342/Honey-Boo-Boo-loads-Mountain-Dew-candy-bars-jumping-wrestling-ring.html

According to witnesses, the seven-year-old loaded up on sugary energy drink Mountain Dew and candy bars before strutting up to the ring and climbing in.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    In yet another display of how not to parent a child, June takes Alana to a wrestling match, where Alana decides to climb into the ring after consuming candy bars and Mountain Dew. Note the photos of Alana with a candy bar in each hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2216342/Honey-Boo-Boo-loads-Mountain-Dew-candy-bars-jumping-wrestling-ring.html

I am all for kids being comfortable in their weight, especially girls, but this child is on a road to health problems.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

In Alana's case, I think it's not just a matter of what she weighs, but what she's consuming that's gotten her to that weight. For instance, Mountain Dew and a candy bar in each hand would be a lot of caffeine and sugar for an adult. For a little girl, that's way too much at once.

Anybody who's watched Toddlers and Tiaras knows that pushing the sugar and caffeine is far from unusual among pageant parents, however. I always cringe when I see those girls sucking on dozens of Pixie Stix and downing "special juice" containing a mix of things like Coke and Red Bull. Or sugar-filled iced coffee drinks. If they're that tired, what they really need are naps, not caffeine and sugar.
    MizDaisy and NEPASue like this.

FORT Fogey

Having read the article, I'd say Alana is a child who's out of control, because she's figured out that if she behaves outrageously, the adults around her actually like it, no matter what they say, and like most kids, she likes attention. And, of course, the adults--both in her family and at the network--like it because it makes for good footage. I'd be amazed if Alan climbing into a wrestling ring doesn't make it onto the show, even though it's dangerous and inappropriate for her to do so, as I doubt anyone came to the wrestling match to see her, so she's pulling the attention away from the people (the wrestlers) the event is supposed to be about and it would be very easy for her to fall and hurt herself while trying to climb into a wrestling ring in a long pageant dress and sandals with heels, even if they aren't very high.

I would hope that if most children tried to do such a thing, their parents would immediately pull them down from the ring and let them know that they could not behave like that and if they continued to try to do so, they'd be leaving the event rather than ruin it for everyone else.
    MizDaisy and NEPASue like this.

Wow didn't know wrestling,mountain dew,and baby Ruth's are criminal things to eat or have. If that's all it takes to be considered a bad mom then the jails are going to be full. I have seen worse.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Wow didn't know wrestling,mountain dew,and baby Ruth's are criminal things to eat or have
    Are there worse things than wrestling, Mountain Dew and candy bars? Of course. But that doesn't make what's happening to Alana okay or the right thing to do as far as parenting.

I'd say Alana is a child who's out of control, because she's figured out that if she behaves outrageously, the adults around her actually like it, no matter what they say, and like most kids, she likes attention. And, of course, the adults--both in her family and at the network--like it because it makes for good footage.
    ITA. Alana has become the family's little money maker so whatever she wants to do or say is fine with June as long as it keeps the cameras rolling. Long term, June is creating a nightmare. By the time Alana is a teenager who's never had boundaries imposed on her, she'll flip off her parents and do whatever she wants.

I would hope that if most children tried to do such a thing, their parents would immediately pull them down from the ring and let them know that they could not behave like that and if they continued to try to do so, they'd be leaving the event rather than ruin it for everyone else.
    I think most parents would want to discipline their child that way. Sadly, I don't think June has ever imposed that kind of discipline on Alana's behavior. June's parenting style is a win for the audience who's entertained by Alana's antics, not so much for Alana's long-term well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Wow didn't know wrestling,mountain dew,and baby Ruth's are criminal things to eat or have. If that's all it takes to be considered a bad mom then the jails are going to be full. I have seen worse.
    Its not criminal but its not the best example of parenting behavior.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

There is no best example of parenting. People do what they want with their kids. It's may not be what you or I or anyone else would do. It's their business and their child. Call me when she robs a bank, holds up a liquor store or steals little Johnny's lunch money or something criminal. Alana is a child enjoying her life, family and omg actually enjoys rolling around in the mud. Unless they have made mountain dew,candy and fun illegal not sure what the issue is. When Alana does something illegal then I will worry.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Neither Mountain Dew nor Baby Ruths are bad per se, if drunk/eaten in moderation. But Mountain Dew has a lot of caffeine in it and obviously candy bars have a lot of sugar in them. A candy bar in each had for a kid Alana's age is a lot--and frankly, I don't know why anyone would need to have two candy bars at once anyway. Finish one before you grab for another and maybe think about having the other one later instead of two at once if you're concerned about weight issues, and in one brief segment of the show that I did see, they appeared to be doing weekly weigh-ins and thinking about the need for the family members to lose weight in terms of being more healthy.

As for the wrestling, if she and her family were there to watch, then they should stay in the audience. But no child, or adult, for that matter, should be climbing into a wrestling ring just because he/she feels like doing it. It's disruptive to the match everyone else came to watch, and Alana is a little girl who was dressed in a way that made it quite possible she could fall and hurt herself while climbing into that ring. She should have been prevented from doing that, and if her mother didn't want to prevent her, then whoever was in charge of the event should have stepped in and stopped it for the sake of the rest of the audience and the wrestlers, who were supposed to be the center of attention, not Alana. If wrestlers decided to climb up on the runway and disrupt Alan during one of her beauty pageant routines, they'd be equally wrong.

I don't think anyone was suggesting June needed to be jailed for her behavior or Alana's. Certainly there are parents who do worse. But that doesn't mean Alana's behavior at the wrestling match was acceptable nor does it mean that it's unworthy of notice because other children are brattier than she is. Once kids find out that reasonable limits on their behavior aren't being enforced, they frequently push those limits harder, in order to find out how unreasonable they can be before they can't get away with their behavior anymore. If it's made clear to them that they need to be considerate of the rights and needs of others in public places and at public events or they won't be allowed to stay in them or at them, they generally get the picture much more quickly and everyone, including the kids, end up happier as a result.

Hmmm sounds like this was a personal appearance event. So I am going to say odds are the candy and the invasion of the ring was pre planned.

Honey Boo Boo Wears Princess Costume, Hops Into Wrestling Ring - UsMagazine.com

So I am guessing Alana didn't get high on gogo juice and bum rush the ring. I mean punk in is inside and June has a mike sounds like a press appearance to me.
    captain likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread