+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

They may be rude, crude and obnoxious, but only to themselves. I have never heard them be that way to others outside the home. Say what you will, June has raised very polite young girls.
    Shoepie, MsDiva2007, Kanga and 3 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    They may be rude, crude and obnoxious, but only to themselves. I have never heard them be that way to others outside the home. Say what you will, June has raised very polite young girls.
    Thats good to hear .I only read what is going on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Well... I'm sure the lady who came INTO the house to teach the children proper etiquette.... didn't think they were polite young girls.

I can't say that of June having raised very polite young girls. I can only based it on what they air on TV. Having said that... I haven't seen many episodes but from the few episodes I did see.. made me NOT want to see any more.

The episode that I did see was when Honey Boo Boo was being interviewed and sneezed and boogers came out of her nose. She covered up but they kept on filming.,.. and she sat there... DISGUSTING!
    MizDaisy likes this.

FORT Fogey

I doubt Miss Georgia was impressed with Alana as a "polite young girl," nor with June as a role model. And I agree, the girls' behavior with the etiquette teacher was disgusting. Even if it was staged for entertainment, the viewers weren't intended to come away from that episode with the impression those girls had any interest in polite behavior. That's not the reason the family has a TV show. It's their crude, obnoxious behavior that attracted TLC producers.
    I'm here likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show is an acquired taste/habit. Many of us started out being appalled, but have come to appreciate that other than the superficial.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    That's not the reason the family has a TV show. It's their crude, obnoxious behavior that attracted TLC producers.
    Well then... they are getting EXACTLY what they're paying for, eh? And.. I don't believe they have to act very hard at it either.... I'm sure they don't have to do many re-do's.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This show is an acquired taste/habit. Many of us started out being appalled, but have come to appreciate that other than the superficial.
    For the few shows I've seen... I just don't get it.

What I did see is... Honey Boo Boo is this little girl who competes in "beauty pagents"? No? YES? Her sister is pregnant? No? Yes? There are two other sisters? No? Yes? The entire family is out of shape? No Yes? They had a pig.. then gave it away? No? Yes? They are rude, crude and obnoxious? No? Yes? (You don't have to answer the last... as its obvious).

Sooo... thats what I've gotten out of the show. What am I missing?
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    For the few shows I've seen... I just don't get it.

What I did see is... Honey Boo Boo is this little girl who competes in "beauty pagents"? No? YES? Her sister is pregnant? No? Yes? There are two other sisters? No? Yes? The entire family is out of shape? No Yes? They had a pig.. then gave it away? No? Yes? They are rude, crude and obnoxious? No? Yes? (You don't have to answer the last... as its obvious).

Sooo... thats what I've gotten out of the show. What am I missing?
    I would say( just off the cuff) this show isn't for you.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would say( just off the cuff) this show isn't for you.
    *spits water out of mouth* Are you sure about that?

^^^^
    Maybe this show IS for me afterall....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Well then... they are getting EXACTLY what they're paying for, eh? And.. I don't believe they have to act very hard at it either.... I'm sure they don't have to do many re-do's.
    Yes, they are. I also believe the family knows that's what TLC wants so they deliberately amp it up for the cameras. As June proclaims, they don't care what anyone thinks, so there's no such thing as too much crude and obnoxious behavior for her and the family -- it earned them a pay raise for next season!
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread