+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Once again, it sounds like the housewifes of _____ _ fill in the blank.
    It does, indeed or The Real World for that matter. But... Honey Boo Boo is a child. BIG difference! She is being raised this way. Thinking its OK to be rude, crude, obnoxious AND get paid for it. What happened to the day when a parent raises their kid with manners and is proud of it? I guess nobody wants to watch that....
    MizDaisy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    It does, indeed or The Real World for that matter. But... Honey Boo Boo is a child. BIG difference! She is being raised this way. Thinking its OK to be rude, crude, obnoxious AND get paid for it. What happened to the day when a parent raises their kid with manners and is proud of it? I guess nobody wants to watch that....
    No, they wouldn't watch it . They like train wrecks That's why I mentioned the Osbourne's, the cussing that went on in that show( in a really swanky house this time) wasn't pleasant. I saw two shows and off it went .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    No, they wouldn't watch it . They like train wrecks That's why I mentioned the Osbourne's, the cussing that went on in that show( in a really swanky house this time) wasn't pleasant. I saw two shows and off it went .
    Sure and you're right. People do like train wrecks. Even the news... its all bad things... then the weather.

I must admit of being guilty for watching the Osbournes. Not for the children. They were out of control and landed themselves in rehab. I was mesmerized with Ozzy.... and I couldn't understand a thing he said.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Sure and you're right. People do like train wrecks. Even the news... its all bad things... then the weather.

I must admit of being guilty for watching the Osbournes. Not for the children. They were out of control and landed themselves in rehab. I was mesmerized with Ozzy.... and I couldn't understand a thing he said.
    Ozzy was on The talk, and his whole face doesnt move. He is so creepy
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Off the Boo Boo subject for a moment, Jack Osborne got married this past weekend, and he and another guy saved some woman's life by pulling her out of the ocean, after she had had a heart attack and near-drowning, and doing CPR! It is my understanding that she is expected to make it.

And, NOW, back to the Boo Boo subject!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Off the Boo Boo subject for a moment, Jack Osborne got married this past weekend, and he and another guy saved some woman's life by pulling her out of the ocean, after she had had a heart attack and near-drowning, and doing CPR! It is my understanding that she is expected to make it.

And, NOW, back to the Boo Boo subject!
    I read that.Good for him, he has been through a lot.

BTBB - back to boo boo
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

if Alana keeps getting entered in the pageants for the sake of the show, I'm afraid it might just make her feel worse to see title after title go to someone else. Nobody likes to hear you're not good enough on a regular basis, no matter how much self-esteem they have.
    June has apparently announced they're taking a break from pageants, whatever that means. Alana has gained so much weight since she first appeared on T&T, and she looks more and more like her dad. Add the lack of pageant training and there's no way she'll ever win Grand Nacho Supreme. She may have reached a level of awareness (or at least June has) to understand she's not going to win the top prize and has lost interest. Whatever the reason I hope they don't return to pageants because I think there are so many other activities Alana could do, like theater and sports, that would provide positive experiences for her.

I watched the Osbournes early on, but stopped after the first season because it became so predictable. I will say at least the kids were teenagers and old enough to refuse to participate if they didn't want to. The kids were bratty but they also had the support of both their parents through their difficult times, and both of them now seem to have a good outcome despite all their teenage troubles.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 10-10-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    June has apparently announced they're taking a break from pageants, whatever that means. Alana has gained so much weight since she first appeared on T&T, and she looks more and more like her dad. Add the lack of pageant training and there's no way she'll ever win Grand Nacho Supreme. She may have reached a level of awareness (or at least June has) to understand she's not going to win the top prize and has lost interest. Whatever the reason I hope they don't return to pageants because I think there are so many other activities Alana could do, like theater and sports, that would provide positive experiences for her.

I watched the Osbournes early on, but stopped after the first season because it became so predictable. I will say at least the kids were teenagers and old enough to refuse to participate if they didn't want to. The kids were bratty but they also had the support of both their parents through their difficult times, and both of them now seem to have a good outcome despite all their teenage troubles.
    I think the Osbourne kids are/were basically nice kids who had their troubles but who have seemed to settle down. Where Lindsay Lohan can't seem to beat her demons, they have been doing quite well. I credit Sharon for being fairly level headed and not trying to be a party friend to her kids and Ozzy, despite how he behaves, really loves his children. Also perhaps seeing how dear old dad fried himself with drugs is a good lesson that finally hit home.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think the Osbourne kids are/were basically nice kids who had their troubles but who have seemed to settle down. Where Lindsay Lohan can't seem to beat her demons, they have been doing quite well. I credit Sharon for being fairly level headed and not trying to be a party friend to her kids and Ozzy, despite how he behaves, really loves his children. Also perhaps seeing how dear old dad fried himself with drugs is a good lesson that finally hit home.
    Quite some time ago, I saw Pat Boone being interviewed on some talk show, and the host brought up the fact that he had once had the Osbournes as his next door neighbors. According to Pat, they were perfectly nice neighbors, and he was surprised at the language the kids used on their reality show, because they were unfailingly polite to him and the other adults in the neighborhood. He felt that while they were maybe not the typical family, the kids seemed to be reasonably well behaved, and though they had a lot of pets, they took care of them, and thus they weren't a nuisance with which the rest of the neighborhood had to deal.

He also mentioned that while the Osbournes were living next door, Meatloaf actually looked at, but ultimately didn't buy, the house on the other side of his. He said something to the effect that people would have found it very hard to believe that Pat Boone's next door neighbors were the Osbournes and Meatloaf.

At any rate, Pat Boone is about as conservatively clean-cut as they come, and he agreed with you--the Osbourne family seemed, to him, to be a legitimately loving and functional family, even if they weren't very much like his own family.
    mom2 likes this.

I think that all family's are different. I wouldn't have any friends if I only associated with people of the same family values as mine. I see people not where they live or how they eat or sleep,etc. I haven't walk that mile in their shoes. Good people can't be defined by class or station in life.
    prhoshay and JavaJo like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread