+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Some of the articles are ambiguous as to whether it's per person or per episode, but most seem to indicate that "the family" is paid $10,000 per episode. It's still too much. And now Rosie O'Donnell wants to buy them a new house that's not right on the railroad tracks. Gee, maybe they'll include a spare bedroom for her. There IS a resemblance - maybe she's their sister from another mister.
    ness likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hope the $20,000 per person is accurate. TLC is making a fortune off these people. I did hear that somebody wanted to buy them a house, but June wanted to keep the house they now have. All of her Christmas decorations are picked out just for that house! Who knows, she may change her mind. Change is scary for some people!
    ness and NEPASue like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I hope the $20,000 per person is accurate. TLC is making a fortune off these people. I did hear that somebody wanted to buy them a house, but June wanted to keep the house they now have. All of her Christmas decorations are picked out just for that house! Who knows, she may change her mind. Change is scary for some people!
    Yeah.

I can see how a major change like a new house WOULD rattle Mama Boo.

Maybe, if what'd been offered had been several cases of ketchup and butter (or, say, a year's supply of each?), she might've gone for it, ya think? With, perhaps, a year's supply of sketti thrown in?

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Some of the articles are ambiguous as to whether it's per person or per episode, but most seem to indicate that "the family" is paid $10,000 per episode. It's still too much. And now Rosie O'Donnell wants to buy them a new house that's not right on the railroad tracks. Gee, maybe they'll include a spare bedroom for her. There IS a resemblance - maybe she's their sister from another mister.
    While reports of the amount they'll get for the next season have varied (none of them confirmed by TLC), all of the reports I've seen online have indicated "per episode", not per family member. If TLC paid per family member, they couldn't afford to pay the Duggars!
    ness, NEPASue and AZChristian like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

If they make too much money and get a better house, it is likely to change what is drawing people to the show in the first place. I didn't watch beyond 2 episodes but I didnt have to! Clips are shown on all the entertaiment shows.

Does anyone know if she will continue to do pagents? It seems very unlikely given her weight. What will be the focus if this is true?

FORT Fogey

Even if they're only making $10,000 an episode, why would Rosie O'Donnell want to build them a house? Aren't there plenty of other deserving families who are much more financially strapped for whom she could build a house? Hasn't she ever heard of Habitat for Humanity? Or even Extreme Home Makeovers?

Not that every family doesn't deserve a decent home, but it's not as if the home they're in is about to be condemned, is it? And presuming they were paying for it prior to getting their own TLC show, I imagine they can continue to make the mortgage payments now. Some people really aren't able to do that or need home improvements for medical reasons--making their homes handicapped accessible, for instance--that they have a hard time affording. Why doesn't Rosie O'Donnell look into helping out someone with more immediate needs than the Honey Boo Boo clan?

I, too, wonder if they'll continue to do pageants. I feel sort of sorry for Alana, because I really don't see her winning, and not just because of her weight, but because the pageant officials likely aren't thrilled with the association between the pageants and her family and would take it out on her. And to be fair, she isn't the best prepared child for those pageants, so it wouldn't be that hard for the officials to give the titles to someone else and still be fair about who won. Meanwhile, if Alana keeps getting entered in the pageants for the sake of the show, I'm afraid it might just make her feel worse to see title after title go to someone else. Nobody likes to hear you're not good enough on a regular basis, no matter how much self-esteem they have.
    ness, MizDaisy and NEPASue like this.

I was remembering how awful I found the Osbourne's a few years ago.The kids were small and swore, so did the parents, they threw meat over the hedges or fences ( to their neighbours) and some people loved them. They disgusted me,however they seem to be a very close family now, or perhaps they have been all along.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    She seems like such a happy little girl. The episode I watched was her birthday party, she thanked everyone for coming and asked the kids if they had a good time before she opened the gifts. I have been to quite a few kid parties and have rarely seen a 7 year old that genuinely sweet. The family seems to love each other and get along pretty well. I would hazard a guess that there are lots of kids out there in far worse situations than an overweight mother who extreme coupons and hoards toilet paper.
    I saw that episode and it was a nice change from the usual gross-ness.

I just don't get this show nor the people involved. DO they really act this way OR just in front of the camera... for shock of it.

They are rude, crude, obnoxious and seem to take pride in having NO manners. I don't get it. But, they just got a raise... so, somebody gets it.....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I saw that episode and it was a nice change from the usual gross-ness.

I just don't get this show nor the people involved. DO they really act this way OR just in front of the camera... for shock of it.

They are rude, crude, obnoxious and seem to take pride in having NO manners. I don't get it. But, they just got a raise... so, somebody gets it.....
    Once again, it sounds like the housewifes of _____ _ fill in the blank.
    I'm here likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread