+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree615Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

There is a preview video up on People.com and omg..they had to use subtitles so you can understand what everyone is saying..especially the little girl.

The redneck factor does not bother me...I have family that are bonafide rednecks and I loved My Big Fat Redneck Wedding (thought it would be a funny theme for our vowel renewal if we ever have one) but this family....I'm pretty sure mom and dad are related by means other than marriage. Inbreeding is the only explanation I can come up with.

I'm also tired of seeing bratty ass kids on tv. Oh, your childs a heathen? Ok, lets reward her and her parents for such bad behavior. Great idea. Only not.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Jo . . .

Re your post above . . .

When I read it, I've got to confess that the first thought that hit my mind was: "SUBTITLES? SURELY YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING????"

But, guess what? I actually DO know that you've got better things to do with your life and time than to run up in here and post things that aren't correct as you found them. So, don't take that first thought of mine to heart, please!

I guess one thing that's really popping my corn about Honey and the rest of the Boo Boo clan is --- to echo you and other posters, above --- that they've (i.e., the parents AND the TLC TPTB) got a kid (and a BRATTY one, at that!) fronting this whole what-seems-to-be-coming-across-as-a mess. HBB herself comes across to me already as being a pure rip of a holy terror. Can you just imagine what that child will be like when that show goes OFF the air?

Oh, my God.

And another thing . . .

Honestly, I'm in and from Georgia. Same as the Boo Boos. I can tell you that I actually DID understand what they were saying in the promos and clips that I saw. Which is why the subtitles note took me SO by surprise, I think. And I can also, honestly, straight up tell you that there ARE some Georgians that have accents that are so off the charts that even I cannot understand them when they speak.

And no, I wouldn't want to see THEM on my TV, either. Fine people? Yes. Nice? Yes. On my TV each week? Not in this lifetime, or any other.

Nothing personal against this family at all.

However, as a general rule, sometimes when people hear you speak and can tell you're from the South (whether it's through accent or speech patterns or use of phrases), or ask you if you are and you tell them yes, they will stereotype you as being dumb as a bag of red GA clay, anyway. Before they've even allowed themselves to get to know you and find out what you're about.

Been there, done that.

But, all Southerners --- from Georgia, or elsewhere --- do NOT sound or behave like this family.

BELIEVE it.
    Last edited by ness; 08-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    mom2 and nanarama like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm not offended My mothers side of the family is from the south, and when we went on vacation, I had no problem understanding their speech. But this family brings it to a whole new level. It's like trying to decipher a really drunk persons slurs....difficult and I don't wanna do it! LOL
    ness and Storm915 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ok I have to. Say I like Alana's spunk,lol. Alana's mom though is a nut case. Who in their right mind gives a 6year old a mixture of red bull and mountain dew? I mean really is she trying to kill this child?

Now I don't know if it is because I just spent 8 days in Hot Springs AR. I understand these folks just fine,lol wish I didn't but I do,lol
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 08-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think reality shows are going through what happened to talk shows....once talk shows like Phil Donahue, etc were about interesting things...sometimes serious, sometimes not. Then they all started the "shock" type shows and many never recovered like Oprah did...she even admitted she got involved in that type but then changed.
    So now, the more shocking, revolting, unbelievable stuff is what they're showing us.
    In regard to bratty kids, instead of showcasing them, they should be disciplined.

As "learning" from these shows, I learned a lot just watching Hoarders and Buried Alive! I had no idea this even existed.
    And I guess a lot of people "learn" that bratty kids are great to have and possibly, a way to stardom!
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just learned about this show today. Oh wow! I am definately going to check out the first episode. My dark side is drawn to check out trash reality sometimes. That underground side doesn't necessarily stay for more than 1 episode but it does go there. I have no control. None.

I have never seen T and T beyond clips on other shows.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This past Sunday afternoon I had TLC on while I was working in the house because they were showing 20/20 true crime stories, which are weekend catnip to me. I saw this Honey Boo Boo ad more than I ever wanted to. As for the accents, I can understand the adults just fine, but Honey (like a lot of the kids on the TLC shows) has that slurred kid speech--where you can't tell when one word ended and the other began--that makes her somewhat more difficult to understand. I still have no idea what the last word is that she says in the ad. "You'd better red recognize" is what I hear. I doubt she's a secret commie.
    Punkin, mom2 and ness like this.

secret commie! I think she's saying "you better red-neck-ognize"... such a clever child.
    remember to play

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

After watching What Not To Wear and seeing the promo again (like 11 billion times) with your post in my head, I think you nailed it coltnlasma!

"YEW BETTA REK-EGG-NIIIIIZE!" is what's actually coming out of HBB's mouth on the promo.

Translation:

"You better RECOGNIZE!

And let the Church say:

"AMEN!"
    Last edited by ness; 08-08-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread