+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The Kardashians, the mrs Eastwood & company,the offspring off some of the real housewives, Caroline manzos unproductive brood comes to mind.
    THEY have Christmas Specials?????
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Nothing says the holidays more then roadkill, farts, burps and snot.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Nothing says the holidays more then roadkill, farts, burps and snot.
    That sounds like one of those housewife shows
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe they fit into that category of people who want to eat ketchup on any and every thing? I've never been much of a ketchup desirer....and I cannot sit and watch with somebody who puts ketchup on eggs!!!
    Ketchup on eggs grosses me out. I once had a ham, egg & cheese sandwich that was purchased for me & it had ketchup on it. So I ate it & didn't hate it, but didn't like it, either. Ketchup (imo) belongs on burgers only, sometimes on fries, but it depends. I don't even buy it b/c I don't eat it at home, only when I am out. I love milk but not on most cereal. I will eat it with Corn Chex but I was always one of those "dry cereal" kids. Don't care for the chocolate variety, just love plain ol' whole milk and I hope I never become lactose intolerant.

As far as the "butter and ketchup" on spaghetti, (ewww!) please...don't confuse Country Crock with butter it is margarine chemical crap. The only time I use margarine is for baking or boxed sides (Pasta Roni or Rice-A-Roni), since I don't want to "waste" 2tsp of butter in something where you don't taste it. But I can't stand margarine on toast, bagels, English muffins, etc.
    Last edited by NEPASue; 09-27-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watching the latest episode of Honey Boo Boo, I was struck by how Alana sounds so much like her mother; I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. When she said "Damn gnats all over me!", it shocked me, but it also cracked me up. Once I remembered what she heard around the house, I was no longer shocked. Not only do the older girls talk like that, but they also laugh at her when she talks like that or does something that is inappropriate.

She is still delightful, but I worry for her.
    march and NEPASue like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Watching the latest episode of Honey Boo Boo, I was struck by how Alana sounds so much like her mother; I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. When she said "Damn gnats all over me!", it shocked me, but it also cracked me up. Once I remembered what she heard around the house, I was no longer shocked. Not only do the older girls talk like that, but they also laugh at her when she talks like that or does something that is inappropriate.

She is still delightful, but I worry for her.
    I agree she is a cute kid with a great personality. I worry about her weight. More than that I worry about how people judge so harshly because they can't see beyond her outer shell !
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 09-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    NEPASue and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

She is 5 or 6, she is a smart little girl being able to write on the sidewalk Welcome Home and print so neatly. I was impressed
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And from our "Pot, meet Kettle" department . . . Although she does admit she doesn't like her own shape either.

'Dance Moms' teacher Abby Lee Miller: Honey Boo Boo 'needs to get in shape'

By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor

"Dance Moms" instructor Abby Lee Miller is known for her tough-talking ways when it comes to dealing with young dancers on her Lifetime show, but she also has harsh words for another kid. When asked about TLC's rising reality star Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, Miller didn't hold back.

"She needs to get in shape," Miller said of the 7-year-old during an interview with TMZ. "She needs to be at a dance studio; she need to be training; she needs to work on her turnout -- the whole nine yards."

Miller hasn't been the only one to remark on the tyke's physique lately. On the season finale of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," Alana herself worried that she was too "chunky" to fit into her latest pageant outfit. And "The View's" Joy Behar recently said that she believed the youngster would "grow up to be a big fat woman."

That's an awful lot of commentary about one kid's weight. But in the case of Miller, it seems to come with some degree of empathy. After all, she admits she's not so happy with her own shape either.

"I'm a little frazzled because I was watching the reunion of 'Dance Moms,' and I didn't like my hair and I didn't like my two chins," she told TMZ.
    ness likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Okay you are certifiable yet delightful at the same time in an odd way. If I were one of those do-gooders who loved to work with the differently oriented (best neutral wording) I would suck you up. That said, I am not one of them. I am in the camp that if I saw you approaching me on the street, I would cross to the other side.
    That is one of the funniest posts I have read in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007
    I would rather watch a Honey Boo Christmas than one with some spoiled rich kids with no appreciation for the gifts received .
    And I'd prefer to watch neither. Give me Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Carol, or A Christmas Story. Really, I could give a care about rich brats OR hillbillies and the antics they'll put on tv for the sake of ratings and the almighty dollar.

As for particular food tastes, as long as it's not going to kill a person, why would anyone care what another person eats? When I was living with dorm mates, it never failed to astound me when someone would make french fries for a midnight snack and everyone else would freak out. Or eat other odd things... I mean, who cares? You're not eating it.
    Personally, I would not have butter/ketchup spaghetti... but I also have to have fresh tomatoes for my sauce, tinned won't do. But it's a matter of personal taste... and I just can't ew someone for their ketchup fetish or for using tinned tomatoes either.
    I do have a daughter who loves... get this one... French dressing on her spaghetti. I never judge her for it. It's her tastebuds, and she's enjoying herself, so why would I give a care?!
    Hyper and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fan

She seems like such a happy little girl. The episode I watched was her birthday party, she thanked everyone for coming and asked the kids if they had a good time before she opened the gifts. I have been to quite a few kid parties and have rarely seen a 7 year old that genuinely sweet. The family seems to love each other and get along pretty well. I would hazard a guess that there are lots of kids out there in far worse situations than an overweight mother who extreme coupons and hoards toilet paper.
    prhoshay, march, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread