+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

As far as Honey Boo Boo seeing any of the money I am sure she does.
    I'm not so sure of that. Other than the family's accountant, none of us really know what's being done with the money from TLC. I'd like to think a substantial portion of it is being put away for Alana, since she's the reason they have the show. But I think the odds are against it.

Alana and family eat Daily, have a home to live in, a car to ride and clothes and shoes on their bodies and feet. The home they live in seems to be clean and nobody appears to be starving. This family is better of than a lot of people
    No doubt there are people in worse circumstances than June & Co. And maybe some people would love to go dumpster diving for clothes (according to Alana on the latest episode), stuff themselves with piles of unhealthy food (visit to the BBQ restaurant), and have trains running through the backyard. But that's a pretty low bar to measure a desirable lifestyle for kids. Alana has visibly gained weight since she appeared on T&T. She has a huge gut when she lifts her shirt and is fast approaching double chin territory and just turned 7. Pumpkin is 12 and approaching 175 lbs. at her last weigh-in. And now there's a new baby in the house who will be exposed to the same bad eating habits and obnoxious behavior that affected Alana.
    ness, libgirl2 and elleprn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now that I've gotten used to the family....kind of...they make me laugh. Alana is such a happy child, and that makes me happy, for right now. That middle child is just that, and she is at a pain-in-the-butt age for all children. I have to admit that I do love their sense of humor, minus a couple of things. I love that they invent words like "beautimous", as in "I look beautimous!" I love it when people play with the language; I respect the fact that they can. I think it's important that people have their own "-isms". I guess we can call their invented words "BooBoo-isms"; mine are "Shay-isms".

That dumpster diving was disgusting, though and, Alana saying something like "Don't tell anybody, but all of [name not remembered]'s clothes all come from the dumpster!" That shared nugget left my mouth hanging open, just like the fact that Alana TOLD it!!! There's a reason why people tell you not to do anything that you don't want known/told in front of a child.
    Beautimous is a word. It means beautiful and fabulous all at the same time lol. It's in the dictionary.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    It's a lot of money for any family, but I don't really see them as being all that poor. The truck the dad drives isn't cheap and they have decent furnishings, decent clothing and Alana has all those expensive pageant dresses, hair pieces and coach...those things aren't cheap. I just don't think they are hurting for money.
    Well, didn't or haven't they said that Sugar Bear works seven days a week? 'Cause you're right. That truck DIDN'T come off Bob's Used Car Lot, from the glimpse I caught of it, and their furnishings might not go in a mansion, but they ARE serviceable, at least, I believe. And I don't think you'd have even have to have ever watched an ep of T&T to KNOW that those bedazzled dresses, hairpieces, coach, etc., don't come for free.

Due to filming, maybe he's not working seven days a week NOW, but I'm thinking that perhaps if you DO work seven days a week, you're going to be bringing in a dime, or two, at least.

I agree, Jo. Roadkill-eaters though they may be, I don't think they were on the way to standing in any soup lines even BEFORE TLC showed up and waved its magic reality-TV-Show wand.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

And don't forget, this is America. They're probably up to their eyeballs in credit card debt as well, just like a lot of people in this country. June clearly likes the challenge of couponing, but that doesn't seem to apply to many things outside the grocery store. I mean, she didn't even bat an eye in that restaurant when Alana wanted so many different types of food. Even in middle Georgia, eating out won't come cheap with a family that size (both the number of them and the extra pounds all of them are carrying). They definitely seem to be good at saving money in certain ways but also very good at blowing through it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if a good portion of their income is going just to paying the interest rates on cards/loans.

I just have to shake my head at the way those kids are being raised. I was counting the number of things I would have gotten my rear end tanned for just in that dinner at the BBQ place-trying to order multiple items that I'd never be able to eat, chewing with the mouth open, farting in public, especially on a sister because that might have started a fight, being a smart-aleck to my parents and the waitress (I got spanked a LOT for that one as a kid), etc. Those kids have no self control because they are being raised without boundaries. It's disgusting, and will be damaging to them down the road
    NEPASue likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Beautimous is a word. It means beautiful and fabulous all at the same time lol. It's in the dictionary.
    Get OUT!!!![/ That's hilarious!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have no problems admitting I love the show, it is hilarious and this family is very close, love each other and having a good time, they would definitely make my family reunions more interesting!
    MsDiva2007 and NEPASue like this.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Like "bling", "beautimous" has been recognized as a form of pop culture slang terminology.

And don't forget, this is America. They're probably up to their eyeballs in credit card debt as well, just like a lot of people in this country. June clearly likes the challenge of couponing, but that doesn't seem to apply to many things outside the grocery store. I mean, she didn't even bat an eye in that restaurant when Alana wanted so many different types of food. Even in middle Georgia, eating out won't come cheap with a family that size (both the number of them and the extra pounds all of them are carrying). They definitely seem to be good at saving money in certain ways but also very good at blowing through it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if a good portion of their income is going just to paying the interest rates on cards/loans.

I just have to shake my head at the way those kids are being raised. I was counting the number of things I would have gotten my rear end tanned for just in that dinner at the BBQ place-trying to order multiple items that I'd never be able to eat, chewing with the mouth open, farting in public, especially on a sister because that might have started a fight, being a smart-aleck to my parents and the waitress (I got spanked a LOT for that one as a kid), etc. Those kids have no self control because they are being raised without boundaries. It's disgusting, and will be damaging to them down the road

I think you're dead-on with everything you've said, prelitdev.

I didn't bat an eye when you described that restaurant run and the ordering of many types of food, etc. Yeah, I ABSOLUTELY believe you. And Hell, NO, eating out like that is NOT cheap. Couponing IS great, but money is the only thing that REALLY talks (plastic or otherwise) if you're going out --- even in Georgia --- and ordering close to everything (or close to every OTHER thing) on a restaurant's menu. EVEN THE MOM AND POP RESTAURANTS. Sure, you can use coupons in some restaurants, but if you're ordering mass quantities of food, how much of a dent is that coupon going to make in the final bill? Or THOSE coupons? And a LOT of restaurants --- if not most --- restrict you to the use of just ONE coupon at a meal.

Personally, I've got to wonder if they just showed that to kind of fend off the roadkill dustup, too:

"SEE, WE DON'T JUST EAT ROADKILL! WE DO EAT HEALTHY! WE GO OUT TO NICE RESTAURANTS, ORDER NICE FOOD AND PAY FOR IT, TOO!!!!!!!!!!"

And as for HBB's behavior in the restaurant? SMH, too. I never would've lived to tell the tale, if that'd been me, because if I'd tried any of that mess, I'd've been killed where I sat.

I agree with you about the lack of boundaries. I think the older girls are pretty much a lost cause, in that respect, and HBB is MORE than well on her way to joining them. Possibly, the only thing that MIGHT save all of them from themselves in that regard is if, during the course of life, they learn otherwise by being taught by SOCIETY that certain modes of behavior are just not acceptable.
    Last edited by ness; 09-07-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Get OUT!!!![/ That's hilarious!!!
    Lol yeah imagine my surprise to find out its in the dictionary. I love how happy Alana is by just the simple things. A lot of her little pageant friends are spoiled,unhappy,screaming brats and most come from parents with supposed "class" that HBB family is missing.
    Madison_2008 and sparklete like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I know, I actually said 'aww' quite a few times watching how excited she was about watching fireworks, it was so cute and when she said she wanted to be a lifeguard and the lifeguard asked her 'would you like to go up to where I sit and see what I see?' she smiled real big and said quietly "yes mam" she has an obnoxious persona, sure, but she has some very sweet moments too.. they all do, that's why I am enjoying it
    Last edited by Madison_2008; 09-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Joel McHale (The Soup) just described June as the "Human Thumb". I think he nailed it!

+ Reply to Thread