+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I didn't realize they didn't have the same restrictions. It makes me think that the days of the stage mother pushing their kids in acting is dying and now its the stage mother pushing her FAMILY to expose their private lives for $$.
    Nope, they don't. I'm not even sure if the kids in scripted shows have the same rules in all states. The rules in California are the strictest, for obvious reasons--they have a history of television/film production. But some states, like Pennsylvania (or wherever Jon&Kate& brood were located), were not expecting to become the site of a reality show featuring children, so they weren't prepared with appropriate legislation. If I remember correctly, what was hacking off Paul Peterson and A Minor Consideration was the fact that they were arguing that kids on reality shows aren't actually "actors," and thus don't qualify for the same protective measures as child actors do.

FORT Fogey

I just went to the A Minor Consideration site and there's a short paragraph referencing Honey Boo Boo and pointing out that though money is exchanging hands, no one is enforcing the child labor laws--and they should be.

There's also a very nice tribute to Don Grady (Robbie Douglass on My Three Sons) who died recently. I was touched that so many ex-child stars checked in to see how everyone else was handling the news via Paul Peterson/A Minor Consideration and that groups of them were getting together to remember Don in each other's homes, by going out to dinner etc. I was nice to hear too that all the Douglass "sons" are still friends and keep in contact with one another (though I suppose for the ones who actually are related, that's a little easier).
    libgirl2 and Eastcoastmom like this.

FORT Fogey

Now we know the price of fame for June & Co.

Sources tell THR that the family of six (which recently expanded when Thompson's older sister, 18-year-old Anna Shannon, gave birth to daughter Kaitlyn on July 26) earns merely $2,000 to $4,000 an episode -- possibly seeing as much as $40,000 for the 10-episode debut season. (A small "location fee" also might be paid to film in the family home.)
    What Producers Are Paying the Stars of TLC's 'Honey Boo Boo' - The Hollywood Reporter

No doubt that's a lot of money for this family, but it's chump change for TLC. Will Alana, who's the star of the show, ever see any of this money other than what's spent on pageants? There are no laws requiring June to put aside any of these earnings specifically for Alana.

$40K is way too much money for this sad excuse of a show. Just the commericals make me want to change channels.
    ness, libgirl2, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post

What Producers Are Paying the Stars of TLC's 'Honey Boo Boo' - The Hollywood Reporter

No doubt that's a lot of money for this family, but it's chump change for TLC. Will Alana, who's the star of the show, ever see any of this money other than what's spent on pageants? There are no laws requiring June to put aside any of these earnings specifically for Alana.
    Why do I have a feeling she won't?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have zero problem with this family and the fact they are getting paid. In this economy we have today I would rather see someone like Honey Boo Boo and family who need it get paid than the Kardashians who don't.

As far as Honey Boo Boo seeing any of the money I am sure she does. Alana and family eat Daily, have a home to live in, a car to ride and clothes and shoes on their bodies and feet. The home they live in seems to be clean and nobody appears to be starving. This family is better of than a lot of people and get a kick out of watching them enjoy life and each other.

I have actually learned a lot from this family. I learned you don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun and enjoy yourself. The simple things can be just as fun and a lot of times free.
    captain, NEPASue and Madison_2008 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's a lot of money for any family, but I dont' really see them as being all that poor. The truck the dad drives isn't cheap and they have decent furnishings, decent clothing and Alana has all those expensive pageant dresses, hair pieces and coach...those things aren't cheap. I just don't think they are hurting for money.
    ness likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

No doubt that's a lot of money for this family, but it's chump change for TLC.
    If they are picked up for another season, I hope they demand more money. Even the Jersey Shore kids got $5000 an episode their first season! Sheesh!

I like this show and grow to like June & co. more each time I watch. I love her sayings (biscuit) and when the phone rings, she says "booty call" and her self-confidence (although it would do her a world of good to lose 100lbs) and she is pretty smart & thrifty with her couponing (not that I will ever understand why she needs so much TP!). Her kids are mostly decent (jury is still out on Lauren; maybe she suffers from a middle child identity crisis or something) and I love their mud bogging & redneck-activities. I am glad they decided to get rid of the pig and after a few tears, Alana understood why she had to give up her new friend.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Only $2,000 to $4,000 per episode?? I only earn about $710 every two weeks for working 40 hours per week. I wish I could be earning that much.

Maybe I should quit my job and make a spectacle of myself selling my dignity on a reality show so I can cash in.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now that I've gotten used to the family....kind of...they make me laugh. Alana is such a happy child, and that makes me happy, for right now. That middle child is just that, and she is at a pain-in-the-butt age for all children. I have to admit that I do love their sense of humor, minus a couple of things. I love that they invent words like "beautimous", as in "I look beautimous!" I love it when people play with the language; I respect the fact that they can. I think it's important that people have their own "-isms". I guess we can call their invented words "BooBoo-isms"; mine are "Shay-isms".

That dumpster diving was disgusting, though and, Alana saying something like "Don't tell anybody, but all of [name not remembered]'s clothes all come from the dumpster!" That shared nugget left my mouth hanging open, just like the fact that Alana TOLD it!!! There's a reason why people tell you not to do anything that you don't want known/told in front of a child.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread