+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree924Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Well I had to watch this show after going through this thread and hearing about it all over the place. I have to say I didn't hate it. Alana is definitely a TV personality kid, I can't believe that June is 32 (she looks like she is pushing 50, is that what having kids at 15 does to a woman??), her 12 y.o. daughter is disgusting and the 17 y.o. is following in Mom's footsteps. But the family seems to be loving. But I really hope she starts losing some of that weight and teaching the kids better eating habits. The 12 y.o. and 15 y.o are over 170lbs? That's horrible!

I have set my dvr to record some more episodes. It's a strange curiosity that I now have to watch this show.
    Shoepie, MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Well I had to watch this show after going through this thread and hearing about it all over the place. I have to say I didn't hate it. Alana is definitely a TV personality kid, I can't believe that June is 32 (she looks like she is pushing 50, is that what having kids at 15 does to a woman??),
    Nope, it doesn't. I had my first when I was 16 and I take care of myself. Sunscreen, moisturizer, healthy (mostly) living...I'm 39 and I get mistaken for my late 20's, early 30's all the time. I just don't think June cares. She should..you only get one body in your lifetime. You need to at least attempt to take care of it.
    NEPASue and norealityhere like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

June isn't the first with multiple "baby daddies" and she sure won't be the last. I mean should we stone her for her behavior like they used to do sinners?
    No need for anyone to throw stones because June has already subjected her family to the 21st century version of stoning -- by allowing them to be filmed, they’ve been subjected to public ridicule and reporting on their private life to expose, for example, June’s criminal record and the criminal records of her baby daddies.

They have a man that loves their mother and works hard 7days a week for them that's more important and they are a happy family if some what different what does it really matter in the scheme of things.
    In the grand scheme of things, all reality "stars" are barely a blip on the cosmic radar screen, as the Gosselins, Octomom, Heidi and Spencer, Omarosa, and countless others have discovered. In a few years, when Alana is a has-been, I doubt there will be any support system to help her deal with the aftermath of this show, and that really does matter in the scheme of things.
    ness likes this.

Apparently Alana is more popular than Mitt Romney ,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Apparently Alana is more popular than Mitt Romney
    Not really.

Honey Boo Boo is not more popular than the Republican National Convention: stop freaking out + reality blurred

The Hollywood Reporter’s story is headlined ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Ratings Top the Republican National Convention, and it says that “among adults 18-49 [the show bested all other cable outings for the night — coverage of the Republican National Convention, included — to pull a 1.3 rating.”

Sounds awful. But read on and you will see this sentence: “Aggregate coverage of the RNC across networks obviously eclipsed Honey Boo Boo considerably.”

Well, duh. The absurdly cruel TLC reality show airs at 10 p.m., when all three broadcast networks aired coverage of the convention, and then there are several cable networks that did, too.

For broadcast ratings, ABC, CBS, and NBC combined had 9.4 million viewers—9.4 million! Among those 18-49, 2.2 percent of the population was watching broadcast coverage. On cable, Fox News’ coverage alone drew 7.703 million people and a 1.2 rating.

That’s 17.103 million viewers and a 3.4 rating combined, and that doesn’t even include MSNBC or other cable networks’ coverage. Honey Boo Boo’s totals: 2.992 million viewers and a 1.3 rating.

Even a six-year-old hopped up on go-go juice would know that she was far less popular than politics.

This article sums up exactly how I feel about this show and TLC, in general:

'Honey Boo Boo': That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - Hollywood Reporter

This part if particularly good:
    For the longest time, this is why I never watched. I’m a big believer in the concept of “vote with your remote.” Hate it? Don’t watch it. End of story.

But there’s something peculiarly reprehensible about Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. It’s not simply that Alana is going to need to melt down every cheap trophy she wins or do some extreme couponing to pay for therapy, it’s that there’s seemingly no punishment for TLC in producing this without conscience. (Yes, I know, we’re well past that point with TLC. But still.)

Having caught up with Here Comes Honey Boo Boo -- after trying to put her and her family out of my mind and vacuumed from the cultural part of my soul after seeing them on Toddlers & Tiaras -- I realize I’m not as jaded as I thought. Translation: I guess I never thought a reality show would be this transparently heinous.
    MizDaisy and Allie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This article sums up exactly how I feel about this show and TLC, in general:

'Honey Boo Boo': That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - Hollywood Reporter

This part if particularly good:
    Interesting article indeed, Critical but I did find it funny that the author states "for the longest time, this is why I never watched" ..... longest time? The show had only been on TV two weeks (premiered 08/08/12) when he wrote the article!

I think it's getting close to HONEY's 15 minutes ...... JMHO! I think there has been way too much discussion across this country in the short time it's been aired ...... I hope TLC will wise up finish up the season and then call it a wrap as far as Honey and her family goes. TLC will do them a huge favor by pulling the plug for any thoughts on a second season.
    pikachu likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I have only watched the first 2 episodes. I just saw a preview and it appeared she has gained weight. Google Honey Boo Boo photos and it is clear, she is definately gaining weight at a pretty good clip.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is that really a surprise? Looks at the females in her family, and you can see exactly where she is headed. No crystal ball necessary! Not only are they genetically programmed to spread (heavily!), but nutrition is not being taught or encouraged. We tend to pass to our children that which has been taught to us, plus a lot of kids do go through a "pudgy stage", but for some, it never ends.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is that really a surprise? Looks at the females in her family, and you can see exactly where she is headed. No crystal ball necessary! Not only are they genetically programmed to spread (heavily!), but nutrition is not being taught or encouraged. We tend to pass to our children that which has been taught to us, plus a lot of kids do go through a "pudgy stage", but for some, it never ends.
    That is no mystery to me. I get it. I am just surprised and how quickly she is gaining!

We have a low IQ situation going on here.
    NEPASue likes this.

+ Reply to Thread