+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

As many of us suspected, there are 4 different fathers for June's 4 children, and according to a source: "We’re convinced June never got married to any of her kids’ fathers because she gets child support and welfare payments for each of those kids."

The article includes mug shots of two of the fathers whose criminal records include child sexual exploitation, arson and burglary. Laury's father is unknown and it's believed June doesn't know who is Laury's father.

One...big...happy...family.

A sex offender, an arsonist and a thief: The ex-partners of Honey Boo Boo's larger-than-life mom revealed | Mail Online

FORT Fogey

I particularly liked the line (from the Albom article) about the "melting of our humanity". The bit about Tony Scott was upsetting to me. My family recently were one of the first on scene at a fatal highway accident where I had to hustle a 5-year-old girl away from her mother's body while fire department workers had to hold up a tarp to keep people who stopped on the other side of the roadway from filming this tragedy with their cellphones. I like reality shows but this one has gone too far. The bar's not just in the mud, it's disintegrated. Not only will I never watch this, I now turn away from the commercials for it.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    As many of us suspected, there are 4 different fathers for June's 4 children, and according to a source: "We’re convinced June never got married to any of her kids’ fathers because she gets child support and welfare payments for each of those kids."

The article includes mug shots of two of the fathers whose criminal records include child sexual exploitation, arson and burglary. Laury's father is unknown and it's believed June doesn't know who is Laury's father.

One...big...happy...family.

A sex offender, an arsonist and a thief: The ex-partners of Honey Boo Boo's larger-than-life mom revealed | Mail Online
    June isn't the first with multiple "baby daddies" and she sure won't be the last. I mean should we stone her for her behavior like they used to do sinners? They have a man that loves their mother and works hard 7days a week for them that's more important and they are a happy family if some what different what does it really matter in the scheme of things.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-29-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
    NEPASue likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you look closely, you can see that the baby has TWO THUMBS on her right hand. WTF!? Maybe those sorts of things happen spontaneously, but considering the fact that they're giving an infant Mountain Dew, I'm going to say that it happened as a result of something her mother ingested/smoked/etc. during pregnancy.

If you look at the first pic on the right in this article, you can see it: PICTURED: Honey Boo Boo's sister, 12, caught 'feeding Mountain Dew to ONE-MONTH-OLD baby niece' | Mail Online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Well, not stone her, but don't reward her behavior. I think it's incredibly sad for a child to grow up with such horrible role models, and while I don't think the one who is on the sex offender list should be anywhere near his daughter or any other kids, I think it's unfair to the other girls that their dads aren't in their lives, especially since June doesn't have a spotless record either. And they're seeing that June doesn't really respect herself enough to lay down some ground rules in relationships. I'm not saying she needs to get married to the first man who knocks her up and stay with him no matter what, but have some standards. Learn a little bit about the man before you jump into bed with him. Use protection so you don't get pregnant after only knowing him for a couple months.

It is important to be a happy family, but at the same time, those kids are being taught very destructive habits. All of them are extremely overweight, and not making any effort to do anything about that. I'm sorry, but roadkill is foul. I've eaten game meat that friends have hunted, but with roadkill you don't know how long its been sitting there or what kind of bacteria has gotten in it. Putting an untrained animal (and yes you can train pigs) on a kitchen table is disgusting. And clearly the cavalier attitude towards lovers has been passed onto the kids, with the oldest already having her first child. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but going through a large amount of lovers at such a young age (refering to June, not necessarily the oldest child, although I wouldn't be surprised) is trashy, and in this day and age for June not to teach her kids about protection is incredibly damaging. That girl could have ended up with an STD instead of a kid. I would think at least a tiny bit more of June if she had, say two kids by one man and two by another instead of four kids by four different men, because then she'd be showing her girls that you don't just dump a man and go looking for another when you get your newest welfare check.
    pikachu, libgirl2, Shoepie and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If you look closely, you can see that the baby has TWO THUMBS on her right hand. WTF!? Maybe those sorts of things happen spontaneously, but considering the fact that they're giving an infant Mountain Dew, I'm going to say that it happened as a result of something her mother ingested/smoked/etc. during pregnancy.

If you look at the first pic on the right in this article, you can see it: PICTURED: Honey Boo Boo's sister, 12, caught 'feeding Mountain Dew to ONE-MONTH-OLD baby niece' | Mail Online

Yes, Baby Kaitlyn was born a 'polydactyly'. The explanation is c&p'ed here. I am on another TV message forum that has been discussing this condition.

Polydactyly of Fingers - Causes, Treatment, Surgery
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Well, not stone her, but don't reward her behavior. I think it's incredibly sad for a child to grow up with such horrible role models, and while I don't think the one who is on the sex offender list should be anywhere near his daughter or any other kids, I think it's unfair to the other girls that their dads aren't in their lives, especially since June doesn't have a spotless record either. And they're seeing that June doesn't really respect herself enough to lay down some ground rules in relationships. I'm not saying she needs to get married to the first man who knocks her up and stay with him no matter what, but have some standards. Learn a little bit about the man before you jump into bed with him. Use protection so you don't get pregnant after only knowing him for a couple months.

It is important to be a happy family, but at the same time, those kids are being taught very destructive habits. All of them are extremely overweight, and not making any effort to do anything about that. I'm sorry, but roadkill is foul. I've eaten game meat that friends have hunted, but with roadkill you don't know how long its been sitting there or what kind of bacteria has gotten in it. Putting an untrained animal (and yes you can train pigs) on a kitchen table is disgusting. And clearly the cavalier attitude towards lovers has been passed onto the kids, with the oldest already having her first child. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but going through a large amount of lovers at such a young age (refering to June, not necessarily the oldest child, although I wouldn't be surprised) is trashy, and in this day and age for June not to teach her kids about protection is incredibly damaging. That girl could have ended up with an STD instead of a kid. I would think at least a tiny bit more of June if she had, say two kids by one man and two by another instead of four kids by four different men, because then she'd be showing her girls that you don't just dump a man and go looking for another when you get your newest welfare check.
    I so agree with what you have said. I was watching a bit of it last night and while I do see the love, I also see alot of stereotypical behavior. So everyone down south can't control their bodily functions? So they are all rednecks? No manners? Children out of wedlock? Criminal records? If someone overseas watches this they are going to think us American's are a bunch of idiots. I have been to countries where people live in shacks and don't have a penny to live on, but they act with dignity. I don't think every southern family behaves this way, but TLC is making it a big lot of fun, laughing at their "backward" ways. People can watch, but I don't like what they are promoting.
    pikachu, MizDaisy and pretlitdev like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I so agree with what you have said. I was watching a bit of it last night and while I do see the love, I also see alot of stereotypical behavior. So everyone down south can't control their bodily functions? So they are all rednecks? No manners? Children out of wedlock? Criminal records? If someone overseas watches this they are going to think us American's are a bunch of idiots. I have been to countries where people live in shacks and don't have a penny to live on, but they act with dignity. I don't think every southern family behaves this way, but TLC is making it a big lot of fun, laughing at their "backward" ways. People can watch, but I don't like what they are promoting.
    I have friends in Nashville. One of them - a lovely young woman - has said, "I wish that when they show Southerners on TV, they'd find someone with more than 4 teeth who can speak proper English."

Libgirl, I like your use of the word "dignity" . . . that's what seems to be missing in the HBB show. I enjoy watching "Swamp People." These are also not-rich folks from the deep south who have a culture unlike what most of us are accustomed to. But these rough-living folks exhibit an amazing worth ethic, and they (most of them) behave with dignity.
    libgirl2 and MizDaisy like this.

FORT Fan

I haven't seen Swamp People, but I have watched Duck Dynasty. And although the family on that show acts ridiculous a lot of the time (I'd guess that a lot of the silly scenes on that show are contrived) they also show a lot of dignity and self respect. Yeah, they shoot and eat squirrels, hunt beavers, and do a lot of things that most people in the US don't, but there's nothing in their lives that they have to be ashamed of. People are praising the Boo Boos because they love each other and do activities together? Duck Dynasty they run a million dollar business together. They eat meals together- meals which, moreover, are balanced with limited sweets instead of the whole meal being junk food. They don't glorify bodily functions, wallowing in filth, or being obese. They're giving their kids a good example of family with both parents being involved in the kids life and extended family also often involved. The kids aren't indulged in every whim-I loved the episode when the grandfather brought all his grandkids out and made them help him clear a field for a family football game. It's all around a more dignified portrayal of rural southern life.

I live in Nashville myself, southern born and bred. I've traveled all over the world but never lived anywhere but the south, and while I get that the point is supposed to be entertainment, surely there's some entertaining medium between Boo Boo and Real Housewives of Atlanta?!
    libgirl2, MizDaisy and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread