+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Surely Not!!!! Who in their right mind would do that???
    Note the pigs feet on the ground next to this contestant. They're raw.

Bobbing for Pig Feet photo - william mahan photos at pbase.com
    momrek06 likes this.

Oh holygeezus what has become of me? I watched another episode. I think I'll go throw up now.
    ness, MizDaisy, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I know … I mean after all they were bobbing for PIGS FEET at the REDNECK GAMES.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Not so different for people raising chickens and then eating them for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    I think it's a lot different. They were bobbing for raw pigs feet. I've heard of people keeping chickens as pets but few, if any, people who raise chickens as a food source would allow their children to form attachments to them by keeping them as house pets, dressing them in a tiara and keeping it in a playpen like a baby, so they can eventually slaughter it and serve it to their kids for dinner.
    THANK YOU, MizDaisy for your response to MsDiva's post after she responded to MY post. I absolutely agree 100% that it's a lot different!!!!

AND yes to all those inquiring minds … the PIG'S FEET WERE RAW that they were bobbing for at the Redneck Games!
    KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Do we need to stage an intervention to stop you from watching, Prism? Friends don't let friends watch "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"!
    ness, MizDaisy and Prism like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Do we need to stage an intervention to stop you from watching, Prism? Friends don't let friends watch "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"!

I can relate!

THOUGHT I was gonna have to stage an exorcism/intervention or prayer circle for my niece, too. I clued her in about it after it premiered, and she admitted she'd actually watched a couple of full episodes when I asked her about it a few days later on.

I saw her this past Sunday and asked if she was still watching.

"HECK, No! I couldn't make it to ten minutes after those first two I watched, so, NO!"

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Prism, here's some help. Whenever you feel the urge to watch this show, watch this instead. It's much closer to reality.

Toddlers and Tiara's Today: "Honey Boo Boo Child"...25 years later PARODY - YouTube
    JavaJo likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

OMG, that's funny and sad at the same time. Funny because it's so over the top and outrageous, sad because it's probably close to the truth of how Honey Boo Boo will turn out.

I can't get myself to watch the tv show, for many reasons. I don't want to encourage TLC to produce crap like that, I have no interest in precocious (i.e. annoying) child divas, and ignorant rednecks make me ashamed to be an American. I don't want people from other countries to judge all Americans based on what they see on shows like this. Ugh! Besides that, I hate stupid humor, gross jokes, phony drama, etc. I prefer witty comedy, something that makes you think.

I probably shouldn't even be in this thread, dissing the show for those who do enjoy it. But it sure makes for fun conversation!
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Prism, here's some help. Whenever you feel the urge to watch this show, watch this instead. It's much closer to reality.

Toddlers and Tiara's Today: "Honey Boo Boo Child"...25 years later PARODY - YouTube
    OMG OMG OMG
    KAREN

KAREN

FORT Fogey

An excellent article by Mitch Albom (Tuesdays With Morrie).

Mitch Albom: This honey child is a real boo boo | Mitch Albom | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The end of the article sums it up well:

Honey Boo Boo isn't the last word in Lowest Common Denominator, only the latest. And when the world grows bored with her (give it five minutes) she and her family will go the way of Octomom and Kate ("Plus Eight") Gosselin, left gasping for their oxygen, public attention, and finding none.

We'll be too busy gaping at someone else.
    And that family photo in the People article is depressing. The only one close to smiling is June, Pumpkin looks dazed, and the other girls look p*ssed off.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 08-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread