+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

I mean after all they were bobbing for PIGS FEET at the REDNECK GAMES.
    Not so different for people raising chickens and then eating them for dinner
    I think it's a lot different. They were bobbing for raw pigs feet. I've heard of people keeping chickens as pets but few, if any, people who raise chickens as a food source would allow their children to form attachments to them by keeping them as house pets, dressing them in a tiara and keeping it in a playpen like a baby, so they can eventually slaughter it and serve it to their kids for dinner.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 08-25-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Not so different for people raising chickens and then eating them for dinner
    Gross, but very true. You and my son think alike! Be very afraid!!
    momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When exactly was it said that the pig was going to be raised for them to slaughter and eat it? It was a pet. The kind of pig that stays small and doesn't get to be as large are regular pigs. Where in the heck are folks getting the idea that the pig was bought so they could fatten it up, slaughter it and eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    When exactly was it said that the pig was going to be raised for them to slaughter and eat it? It was a pet. The kind of pig that stays small and doesn't get to be as large are regular pigs. Where in the heck are folks getting the idea that the pig was bought so they could fatten it up, slaughter it and eat it?
    I don't know

Did George Clooney ever eat his pet pig
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think, for one minute, that the girls were bobbing for RAW pigsfeet. What did I miss? At the very least, I am sure they were boiled.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    There are a lot of crazy assumptions out there about this family. I guess another one is they eat everything including pet pigs.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think, for one minute, that the girls were bobbing for RAW pigsfeet. What did I miss? At the very least, I am sure they were boiled.
    shay . . .

Out of curiosity, I just Googled: "On Honey Boo Boo, did they bob for raw pigs' feet."

Yep.

They did.
    Last edited by ness; 08-26-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    There are a lot of crazy assumptions out there about this family. I guess another one is they eat everything including pet pigs.
    Based on what they've shown/done so far (even in just the clips and promos, and I found out a LOT more when I Googled about the pigs' feet just now!), to assume they'd eat a pet pig doesn't seem like such a crazy assumption, to me.

I mean, if you'll eat roadkill, eating a pet pig would be tame, in comparison.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 08-26-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

OK, after reading the Times article and the comments here, thanks to Ness , I decided to check it out.
    I saw that there was a repeat of L & O / SVU on so, at the commercial, I flipped over to TLC.
    I made it through about 5 1/2 minutes. The Boo Boo girl has an amazing self esteem, it appears, and she sure seems to show off that belly!
    While I did get the sense that the Boo Boo mother loves her kids a lot, quite frankly I felt like I was watching a scene from Deliverance and I had to change the channel back to my dearly beloved murder and mayhem!
    MizDaisy, momrek06, Prism and 1 others like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    shay . . .

Out of curiosity, I just Googled: "On Honey Boo Boo, did they bob for raw pigs' feet."

Yep.

They did.
    Surely Not!!!! Who in their right mind would do that??? (I think the operative phrase, here, is "in their right mind"!) Seems like it might be, medically, dangerous.

So, does that mean that those disgusting pigs feet you see in some convenience stores or other odd places in that big jar are raw, too?

On second thought, the ones in the big jars are pickled, aren't they? Blech! Are those boiled before they are pickled? I'm pretty sure I couldn't even begin to watch somebody eat one of those!
    ness, Prism and NEPASue like this.

+ Reply to Thread