+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree615Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

FORT Fogey

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Glitzy the pig had to go back to the owner
    I think Glitzy was just a prop used by TLC to promote the theme for the show. Nothing says redneck like mudpits and pigs, and scenes of a squealing pig made great promos for the show. It's not like TLC hasn't used animals to create story lines for their shows in the past. The Gosselins received two dogs, with Kate complaining about them the entire time until they were returned to their breeder, then brought back, and it's anyone guess where they are now that the show's over. Unfortunately Alana is too young to understand the pig was never meant to be be her pet for more than a couple of shows so of course she became attached. It was a cruel thing to do to a child, and to the helpless animal, but as long as TLC gets the ratings they want, who cares?
    ness likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    I think Glitzy was just a prop used by TLC to promote the theme for the show. Nothing says redneck like mudpits and pigs, and scenes of a squealing pig made great promos for the show. It's not like TLC hasn't used animals to create story lines for their shows in the past. The Gosselins received two dogs, with Kate complaining about them the entire time until they were returned to their breeder, then brought back, and it's anyone guess where they are now that the show's over. Unfortunately Alana is too young to understand the pig was never meant to be be her pet for more than a couple of shows so of course she became attached. It was a cruel thing to do to a child, and to the helpless animal, but as long as TLC gets the ratings they want, who cares?
    Not her parents, obviously. It doesn't take a brainwave to realize giving a child a pet that will also be taken away is HURTful. They don't give a crap... not if there is a bit of fame and money on the line.

Loving parents, my ass.
    ness and MizDaisy like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My last word on this subject cause the whole fact that this show is getting ratings makes me want to puke, and I need to get out of this thread.

Every parent makes mistakes, rich or poor, single or married, whatever. But parading your bad parenting and child abuse on tv for money is SICK. The ratings are there BECAUSE of the pagaents, and redbull, and eating poorly, etc. Which means there is NO reason in their greedy minds for them to stop abusing Alana. God help her.
    karalott, ness, MizDaisy and 3 others like this.

When I first saw trailers for this show I thought how pathetic is this going to be? I then saw the interviews that the family did on CNN and other "news" shows. I thought the lack of decorum and basic health and hygiene shown couldn't get any worse. Sadly I was drawn into the show just to see how horrible it could get and wasn't surprised when it surpassed my wildest nightmare. Then I watched the TT episode where Alana was only given a small title, pretty much a "loser tag". I watched as the cameras kept focusing on all the little girls including and mostly Alana. While she had a feral grin plastered on her face, her eyes said it all. Alana understands. The pain in her little blue eyes was so apparent it almost made me cry. It was profound sadness. For her family to keep her in the spotlight as they are doing will only hurt her more in the long run. She already knows how different she is. Amid all the laughter, flatuence, and unintelligible words, I see a little girl with big heart who is in pain and her "parents" can't see it because they are blinded by $$$$!

I used to think BRAVO deserved the nickname "The Donner Channel", now I believe TLC has earned it!

FORT Fogey

A pig--unless it's a pot-bellied pig--is a rather stupid choice for a pet anyway, as it's invariably going to get far too big, and faster than you might think, to be a little girl's pet. But they certainly had other options than returning it to the breeder (where it might very well end up back in their house as Easter dinner--and how is the child going to feel about that?). They clearly don't live in town and they have quite a lot of space. Build the pig a pen and a shelter and have it be an "outside" pet. It would probably be happier there than trapped in a playpen anyway.

I've barely seen ten minutes of this show and that was enough. It really is embarrassing, and I do feel sorry for the little girl, because she can't control what her parents do with her in terms of a reality show career--and this is why Paul Peterson and A Minor Consideration, among other groups, are trying so desperately to get the same protective clauses in place for children on reality shows that exist for child actors on scripted shows. They exist in some states but not all of them.

Also, while I'm usually quite good with accents and don't typically like subtitling people just because they have accents, I have to concentrate really hard to understand anything that's being said on that show.

I'm just soooo happy that they didn't eat Glitzy. It had me worried.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I've barely seen ten minutes of this show and that was enough. It really is embarrassing, and I do feel sorry for the little girl, because she can't control what her parents do with her in terms of a reality show career--and this is why Paul Peterson and A Minor Consideration, among other groups, are trying so desperately to get the same protective clauses in place for children on reality shows that exist for child actors on scripted shows. They exist in some states but not all of them..
    I didn't realize they didn't have the same restrictions. It makes me think that the days of the stage mother pushing their kids in acting is dying and now its the stage mother pushing her FAMILY to expose their private lives for $$.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Eden Wood's mother must be very jealous, as much as she tried to market her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I'm just soooo happy that they didn't eat Glitzy. It had me worried.....
    I know … I mean after all they were bobbing for PIGS FEET at the REDNECK GAMES.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I know … I mean after all they were bobbing for PIGS FEET at the REDNECK GAMES.
    Not so different for people raising chickens and then eating them for dinner
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread