+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree615Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Well judging by the ratings HBB is sticking around. I have a feeling if they family looked better there would not be such a hullabaloo in the press. Apparently ugly fat people are not allowed to behave outrageously. You can only act obscene if you are a housewives of pick a state.
    I agree. Their behavior on these housewives shows is deplorable The Housewives of Vancouver, are a spoiled bratty lot.With so much crap in their lips, they could float away.They live off their ex's money, one has thee children with three different men. And their petty arguments, ugh! I dont know how anyone can watch them every week( or is it every night?). Hubby and I saw part of one show, and he said WTH is that about, and who are they?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree. Their behavior on these housewives shows is deplorable The Housewives of Vancouver, are a spoiled bratty lot.With so much crap in their lips, they could float away.They live off their ex's money, one has thee children with three different men. And their petty arguments, ugh! I dont know how anyone can watch them every week( or is it every night?). Hubby and I saw part of one show, and he said WTH is that about, and who are they?
    Lol I am starting to ween myself off those its justs so predictable.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well judging by the ratings HBB is sticking around. I have a feeling if they family looked better there would not be such a hullabaloo in the press. Apparently ugly fat people are not allowed to behave outrageously. You can only act obscene if you are a housewives of pick a state.
    I have never watched any of the housewife shows either. Maybe the difference here is that the other show is centered around consenting adults who are willing to look ridiculous in front of the viewers. This show however, is centered around a child, and she is out there being mocked and judged due to a lifestyle she had no choice in. Eating roadkill? To me, that makes the show stoop to a pretty bad low, not that some people find them ugly. You can argue about what is ugly, but you can't argue fat. If it were up to me, all these crazy shows would be gone. Until then, I simply chose to not watch any of it lol.

"Real" Housewives of where ever? From what I've read and heard, there's not much real about them.
    Last edited by mesachick; 08-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I say let adults do what they want on their tv show, but when it comes to kids, I don't approve on parading them around doing all kinds of outrageous acts for money. This child will never live this down. It promotes ignorance and anti-social behavior.

I know it's shocking, but there are people very similar to this who really exist throughout the south, (NC). I know some of them. It's their life, but IMO it's wrong to teach your child to be proud of being ignorant.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I do know is that for every house on the block, there is a different set of values/raising children for every house. I may not appove....you may. You may not approve....I'm OK with it. Sometimes I have wondered what certain people are thinking, but I think they are probably passing along what they are the most familiar with. The thinking of "It was done to/with me, and I turned out all right," is more prevalent than you think. Where I think we make mistakes is thinking that MOST children/familiies are like US, or raised like us.
    MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The problem is everyone seems to think their values are the best. We need to stop trying to tell people how to raise their kids and worry about our own families. I am positive if we put anyone under a microscope for the world to view someone some place will find something unbecoming of them and their behavioRs.
    sclilred1 and mesachick like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

The problem is everyone seems to think their values are the best. We need to stop trying to tell people how to raise their kids and worry about our own families.
    I hope we never become so politically correct that we completely ignore what's happening on this show. I'm quoting +spockwhat's excellent post verbatim:

It's important that people know that we still care about how kids are raised. It is important to take a stand against poor parenting and to champion the children affected by it. It's so easy to build a kid up. (Feed them well, teach them values and respect for themselves and others). It's so very difficult to fix another screwed up adult.
    Most importantly, even if nothing changes, KIDS need to see that we care. We demand respect from our children, but how do we gain it by sitting back and laughing at a family that treats their kids like objects, feeds them wrong, and uses them for money? Those people don't earn that respect.
    And, frankly, it throws our kids off kilter. They will always need to know there are adults out there who are care enough to stand up and say something on their behalf.
    I am positive if we put anyone under a microscope for the world to view someone some place will find something unbecoming of them and their behavioRs.
    You may be right, but June decided to sell out her family's privacy for whatever TLC is paying her, so she's voluntarily put herself and her family under a microscope for the public to view. If she thinks she's above criticism, she made the wrong decision. She can't have it both ways -- either be a private citizen or accept the consequences of the microscope you bought when you sold out your family.
    pikachu, ness, mesachick and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    I hope we never become so politically correct that we completely ignore what's happening on this show.

. . . June decided to sell out her family's privacy for whatever TLC is paying her, so she's voluntarily put herself and her family under a microscope for the public to view. If she thinks she's above criticism, she made the wrong decision. She can't have it both ways -- either be a private citizen or accept the consequences of the microscope you bought when you sold out your family.
    COULDN'T have been said any better, MizDaisy!!!!!!!!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I only watched the first 2 episodes and doing a drive by here.

June's entire family probably decided, wanted, yearned, lusted, fantasized about being on TV! No one sold anyone out here from what I saw! They are all loving it.

They will deal with the negative stuff; everyone does. Just a different experience for these kids, that is all. Everyone has a story to tell and varied experiences. I just cannot muster any outrage for this show. I am not interested in watching more either!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I only watched the first 2 episodes and doing a drive by here.

June's entire family probably decided, wanted, yearned, lusted, fantasized about being on TV! No one sold anyone out here from what I saw! They are all loving it.

They will deal with the negative stuff; everyone does. Just a different experience for these kids, that is all. Everyone has a story to tell and varied experiences. I just cannot muster any outrage for this show. I am not interested in watching more either!
    Well said Shoepie.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread