+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    If anyone watched the show they would know that mom is working on getting their weight down. She along with two of the older girls is on a diet and weight themselves on screen. Of course the pregnant daughter is not on the diet. Mom and one of the daughters has already lost some weight. As far as the pig on the table, does anyone have cats? Do you allow your cats on the counters or table? What happens when one of the cats sprays the counter or table or anything else in the house? Does it get turned into trash and then immediately you go out and buy a new one? What happens when a baby's diaper leaks on the table? Do you trash the table then? Or do you clean it up really well and move on? This family may be low class or no class to some folks but at least they love one another and take care of one another. I'd rather have that any day of the week instead of some "high class" family that ignore each other, beat each other, etc. Mom has fun with her kids. The kids have fun with each other and their mom. They go to school, even the pregnant daughter. Speaking of the pregnant daughter, it isn't just the low class or no class that has kids having kids. Think about Sarah Palin. Is she also low class or no class? No matter what one thinks of her politics, she is supposed to be a loving mother and yet her oldest daughter was a teenage mom. Guess we need to throw virtual stones at her as well. Let's also make room for all of the other mothers that have their children on tv. Toddlers and Tiara moms, the Dance Moms, the Real Housewife moms, ANY mom that has their children on a reality show. At least make it fair.
    The way they live is called taking care of one another? I - don't - think - so . The Palin tribe? They're in the same "class" as the boo boo people; they're just not fat. Brainpower is just about the same. It's people like the boo boos - and this country is chock full of them - who are actually allowed to vote, and they voted for Palin. Instead of making people show voter ID at the polls, they should be required to show their IQ.
    Punkin, prhoshay, ness and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    The way they live is called taking care of one another? I - don't - think - so . The Palin tribe? They're in the same "class" as the boo boo people; they're just not fat. Brainpower is just about the same. It's people like the boo boos - and this country is chock full of them - who are actually allowed to vote, and they voted for Palin. Instead of making people show voter ID at the polls, they should be required to show their IQ.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth???
    tapper01 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IMO? Yes. Yes, she is. Loving your child doesn't miraculously give you class. Class has to do with how you speak to and about people and comport yourself in public, among other things. Among the many adjectives that could be used to describe Sarah Palin, I don't think "classy" is one of them.

The difference between a cat spraying on a table (never had that happen ever in 30+ years of cat ownership, btw) and that pig is that the pig didn't get up on the table by itself....unless there's something about that pig I don't know. Frankly, I don't think ANY pig belongs in the house, not even the pot-bellied ones. I had a boyfriend who owned one and that thing was "box trained," which meant it used the box about half the time. It was a sweet animal, but not in the house.

One of the basic rules on this site is that reality show participants are fair game for any and all comments. No fairness required
    I agree about Palin. No class.

I lived on a small farm as a kid and occasionally, we'd get a runt that would have been killed if we left it in the pen with the other pigs so we'd bring it in and nurse it in the warm house. But we always kept them in a crate and took them out several times a day until they got a little bigger. But if I had sat a pig on my mom's dining table, she would have taken a switch to my ass. Probably my bare ass..lol. They stayed in the mud room in a cage until they were able to go back outside. It's just foul to let an untrained pig run around the house.

And yeah, if a pig poo'd on my table, I'd be buying a new one. I would never be able to sit there and eat again.
    Punkin, ness and AZChristian like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"What happens when one of the cats sprays the counter or table or anything else in the house? Does it get turned into trash and then immediately you go out and buy a new one? What happens when a baby's diaper leaks on the table?"

With a lifetime of cats to my credit, I've never had one to spray a counter or a table. They were trained to know that getting up on those things was not acceptable; I am not so naive to think that they didn't do it anyway, when they thought no one was looking. And, what is a dirty- diapered baby doing on a table? That tells me that somebody is not closely tending to baby.

I guess we all have different standards/ways of living. The two scenarios above are unimaginable, to me.
    Punkin, ness, NEPASue and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did I saw "low class"? I meant NO class. I'm not talking about socio-economics here - I'm talking about behavior. The way these people behave is the issue. Sorry, but I don't choose to watch people who are ignorant, can't speak with even remotely proper grammar and who seem to revel in their baseness. Other posters have detailed their behavior. I don't think anyone can argue that they way these people behave could be defined as classy.
    Whoa! Did this thread just morph into Housewives of New Jersey? Same thing, different income bracket.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I agree about Palin. No class.

I lived on a small farm as a kid and occasionally, we'd get a runt that would have been killed if we left it in the pen with the other pigs so we'd bring it in and nurse it in the warm house. But we always kept them in a crate and took them out several times a day until they got a little bigger. But if I had sat a pig on my mom's dining table, she would have taken a switch to my ass. Probably my bare ass..lol. They stayed in the mud room in a cage until they were able to go back outside. It's just foul to let an untrained pig run around the house.

And yeah, if a pig poo'd on my table, I'd be buying a new one. I would never be able to sit there and eat again.
    Lack of wealth or growing up on a farm doesn't mean one is ignorant, just like being wealthy and/ or attractive doesn't give you class.
    ness likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just filled out a Contact form on TLC and told them that we were voting with our remote control. Not only no more Honey Boo Boo, no more TLC at our house. It's sad how much "The Learning Channel" has deteriorated.
    ness, libgirl2 and Critical like this.

Well judging by the ratings HBB is sticking around. I have a feeling if they family looked better there would not be such a hullabaloo in the press. Apparently ugly fat people are not allowed to behave outrageously. You can only act obscene if you are a housewives of pick a state.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "What happens when one of the cats sprays the counter or table or anything else in the house? Does it get turned into trash and then immediately you go out and buy a new one? What happens when a baby's diaper leaks on the table?"

With a lifetime of cats to my credit, I've never had one to spray a counter or a table. They were trained to know that getting up on those things was not acceptable; I am not so naive to think that they didn't do it anyway, when they thought no one was looking. And, what is a dirty- diapered baby doing on a table? That tells me that somebody is not closely tending to baby.

I guess we all have different standards/ways of living. The two scenarios above are unimaginable, to me.
    I would like to add in response to the cat comment... responsible owners get their cat's spayed/neutered. Neutered cats do not spray. None of my cats (and I've had many over my 49 years) have ever sprayed.
    ness, NEPASue and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I would like to add in response to the cat comment... responsible owners get their cat's spayed/neutered. Neutered cats do not spray. None of my cats (and I've had many over my 49 years) have ever sprayed.
    Former cat owner here, BTW.

None of mine ever sprayed, either.
    NEPASue, mesachick and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread