+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "That's Incredible" Reunion, June 12 on ABC

"That's Incredible" Reunion, June 12 on ABC

THE GRANDDADDY OF ALL REALITY SHOWS RETURNS FOR A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE, ON "THAT'S INCREDIBLE: THE REUNION," STARRING ORIGINAL HOSTS JOHN DAVIDSON, FRAN TARKENTON AND CATHY LEE CROSBY, THURSDAY, JUNE 12, ON ABC

"That's Incredible" was the show that helped create today's reality series genre with segments that showed everything from death defying stunts, mystifying phenomena and wacky animal stunts, as well as uplifting stories about amazing people who overcame obstacles and handicaps. In a one-hour special, "That's Incredible: The Reunion," original hosts John Davidson, Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby come together again to relive some of the series' most memorable moments through retrospective clips that show the more unusual sides of nature, medicine and human endeavor. Also featured are reunions with some of the people who were subjects on the original show. "That's Incredible: The Reunion" airs THURSDAY, JUNE 12 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. (Rebroadcast. OAD: 5/21/02)

The retrospective clips range from some of the first footage America saw of snowboarding and bungee jumping to amazing animal tricks, a 2000-human domino chain reaction, and boxing legend Muhammad Ali providing inspiration and advice to an amateur boxer who refused to let his handicap determine his success.

Segments to be featured in "That's Incredible: The Reunion" include:

* Beekeeper Dr. Gary bringing in drone bees and asking Cathy Lee to allow one to sting her

* "Hatchet Man" returning to throw hatchets at one of the hosts

* Current Rubik's cube champion Dan Knights being challenged to break his winning record of 15.6 seconds

During its original run on ABC from 1980 to 1984, "That's Incredible, " which popularized the phrase "Don't try this at home," looked at the more unusual sides of man and nature in segments that ranged from the uplifting (young people overcoming severe handicaps to lead normal lives) to the unexplainable (a park ranger who'd been hit by lightning more than 7 times) to the daring (a stuntman jumping a motorcycle over the spinning rotors of 3 helicopters).

Alan Landsburg is the executive producer and director of "That's Incredible: The Reunion." Kay Hoffman is the supervising producer. Paula Deats is the producer and shares writers' credit with Michael Rowe. The show is produced by The Landsburg Company.

FORT Fogey

* Current Rubik's cube champion Dan Knights being challenged to break his winning record of 15.6 seconds

That's Incredible!

I remember sitting in the Rec Room watching this show. I was in love with John Davidson
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

They used to show a lot of surgeries on that show...right during dinner. Yuck. Whenever I think of the title of the show, it always appears diagonally in my mind, just like on TV.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I actually worked on an episode of this show. They filmed a segment in Albuquerque that involved a 5-year-old girl who had amazing strength. Her "bit" was to pull a fire engine ten feet or something like that.

My job was to follow the director around all day with a clipboard just in case he wanted to write something down. He never did.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    back then Cathy Lee Crosby was the Hostess with the mostess. I don't know of a guy who didn't think she was a fox!

Paulie, I am the exact same way.. right down to the gross out operations they would show. Ick.

And Molly, you worked on an episode? How cool!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I am trying to find some information on one of the episodes that I saw about a man that made a full size replica of Stone Henge including a 300ton door that could be moved with one finger. Anyone remember this episode, what the builders name was, or where it was built?

Thanks for your help.

It's not a replica of Stonehenge, but you're looking for the Coral Castle in Homestead FL.

http://www.coralcastle.com/

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

+ Reply to Thread