+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Polyamory (Showtime)

Polyamory (Showtime)

Showtime : Polyamory : About

"This provocative reality series explores non-monogamous, committed relationships that involve more than two people. Characters grapple with the emotional and sexual drama of sharing their hearts, as well as their beds."

-----------------------------------

NOTE: Please keep discussion & descriptions to a PG-13 level. Also, make sure that any links you post to any outside content are SFW (safe for work).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Polyamory (Showtime)

am i the only one watching this?

It's Sister Wives with sex scenes. I think this show might have lots of psychological dimensions. We already got a glimpse last night with Kamala. Is she poly because she's open-minded or because she needs extra validation? Last night's episode seemed kind of staged, though, which is a little concerning.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    am i the only one watching this?
    Can't afford Showtime, but otherwise, I'd watch

It's a fascinating topic. Although the reviews are saying that it is a lost opportunity. THey are showcasing mostly sex and squabbling but little is shown about the psychology behind these kinds of relationships.

Not sure if that's true or not....

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't get Showtime either, but I'd love to find this show somewhere else on-line. So far I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where else we can watch it? Showtime.com doesn't offer it to it's non-subscribing members, and Hulu.com and HuluPlus don't have it either.

i agree with you abt kamala.

the triad relationship ppl i find to be very annoying. esp the blonde chick.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    It's Sister Wives with sex scenes. I think this show might have lots of psychological dimensions. We already got a glimpse last night with Kamala. Is she poly because she's open-minded or because she needs extra validation? Last night's episode seemed kind of staged, though, which is a little concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i agree with you abt kamala.

the triad relationship ppl i find to be very annoying. esp the blonde chick.
    I agree the whole honoring the triad thing and the blonde chick is annoying

LOVED it! Hope it comes back for a 2nd season.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hmmmmm! I just downloaded episodes 2 - 7 from an online site (see info below), and I liked the show a lot! I think the dynamics of the two "families" were so interesting in how they chose to live their own versions of polyamory --- They were very different from each other, but in each family I felt there was a real earnestness and dedication to freely living their own lifestyle. I also found it fascinating that, because the day-to-day rules and boundaries of polyamory are not set out by 'tradition' - that so much of the time and energy was taken up with negotiating how every sexual/romantic/day-to-day interaction would be handled, (including telling their parents and siblings), and how they would handle it if someone did not abide by the rules they had worked out.

It was also interesting that in the Anthony/Lindsay/Vanessa triad the 3 of them were all truly and fully in love with each other, whereas in the Michael/Jen/Tahl/Kamela foursome, they were two couples who moved in together, but it was more about sex and pleasure than actually being in love with each other.

On-Line Site: I don't get Showtime either, but I found episodes 2 - 7 on this website called Project Free TV Watch all tv series online for FREE. (Here's a direct link to this show and 6 of the 7 episodes: Project Free TV :: Polyamory Married and Dating) If this link doesn't work, click on "TV Shows" and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll find the A-Z listing of all the shows available.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.

so the relationship between the triad seems strong and secure for the most part . . . . that foursome tho??? i really think the one guy (tahl i think) is just in it for the sex. his wife does not seem like she is that into sex (i remember some other scene where they all had to slow down bc it was moving too fast for her) and he seems like he is very into it. i don't know if the 4some will last . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast