+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty on A&E

Duck Dynasty on A&E

Is anyone else watching this show? I just started taping the marathon today, and my daughters and I are dying! These people are highly entertaining, in a deadpan way. Give it a try if you haven't seen it yet.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Is anyone else watching this show? I just started taping the marathon today, and my daughters and I are dying! These people are highly entertaining, in a deadpan way. Give it a try if you haven't seen it yet.
    I only learned of this show and Storage Wars about a month ago. Love them both. The DD clan is amazing. So entertaining! Si is my favorite I think, but they are ALL great people/characters.

I'm not at all religious and by no means a fan of hunting, but the goodness and entertaining nature of these folks makes none of it matter.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-07-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I only learned of this show and Storage Wars about a month ago. Love them both. The DD clan is amazing. So entertaining! Si is my favorite I think, but they are ALL great people/characters.

I'm not at all religious and by no means a fan of hunting, but the goodness and entertaining nature of these folks makes none of it matter.
    I first read about this show a few months ago & thought "Why on earth would I want to watch a reality show about a bunch of redneck duck hunters who make duck calls?" Then a week or so ago I was visiting a friend & this was on.
    It's great! Very entertaining. I LOL'd over & over again.
    The guys & their wives are extremely entertaining in a down to earth way. It's nice to see a reality show about truly good people.
    With all the craziness, they are all family oriented, & sensible.
    I like how at the end of each show they all get together for a family meal or at church.

For anyone who hasn't seen this, give it a try. Well worth it
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have watched this since it began. They, well Phil, made it big. They may dress and act like they are "normal" folks, but go to their web site and look at some of the prices. In one episode Si made an apron for Miss Kay...when I looked online, it was priced at $90! and was on back order. Just like other reality TV shows they are in it making the all mighty dollar. But then I watch the show and enjoy it.
    There's no place like home!

I luv this show. I've been promoting it with all my friends. Uncle Si is such a hoot. I do believe though, alot of the beard stuff & alot of the stupidity is for the cameras. I luv this family & I'm not religious either. I was wondering why it took so long to get a thread.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have watched this since it began. They, well Phil, made it big. They may dress and act like they are "normal" folks, but go to their web site and look at some of the prices. In one episode Si made an apron for Miss Kay...when I looked online, it was priced at $90! and was on back order. Just like other reality TV shows they are in it making the all mighty dollar. But then I watch the show and enjoy it.
    Why would someone go on a reality tv show? To promote their businesses, make money, try to jump start a Hollywood career, adventure, etc.

I read that the DD family said they enjoyed filming the show a great deal. At the time, they didn't know if it would be renewed or not and said it all came down to ratings.

I think the DD family went on the show to help their business, but also to have fun.

My husband I were stuck at home sick all weekend. We watched the football games, the baseball playoffs, (GO TIGERS!!) and snuck in a few of these episodes from On Demand.
    This family is awesome!
    I love their common sense attitudes and godly sensibilities. And no cussing!! Imagine that!
    I love Uncle Si and Phil, but Jase gives the best one-on-ones. He's a hoot!
    mom2 likes this.

As a teacher, one of the things I respect most about this family is the way the young uns address their elders. "Yes sir" ... brings me back to the days of my own fetchin up.

I really felt sorry for Si ... I know this is scripted, but still. Ever since I heard about his mom sending that cup to him during his time in Vietnam, I've been sensitive about it for him.

Kiz

I love this show. My husband talked me into watch it, and now I'm hooked. In turn, I've recommended it to family and friends. This show is a breath of fresh air, especially after watching another dark season of RHoNJ where families are plain cruel to one another.
    mom2 likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast