+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty on A&E

Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

Profile: Alan Robertson - Duck Commander
    Alan is the oldest son of the Duck Commander. He grew up hunting and fishing and helping build the foundation of the family business in the 1970’s & ’80’s. Back in the day, he and Phil would travel around Louisiana and Arkansas selling duck calls to stores right out of the truck! The sales pitch back then was the same as today: “These calls are the best ‘cause they sound just like a duck!”

He left the duck call business when he received the call for full time ministry in 1988 and now serves as a senior pastor in West Monroe, LA. Alan is still a part of the family’s commitment to spreading the gospel of Christ through their love of hunting and the great outdoors. He calls himself a Jacob in a family of Esaus...
    mom2 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

according to our local paper ,Alan has left his position at church to join family business full time, and will appear in season 4.

Do you happen to know why Si's wife is not shown?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by doolollie View Post
    according to our local paper ,Alan has left his position at church to join family business full time, and will appear in season 4.
    He'd better start growing out his beard.
    mom2 and short_lived like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Here's a link to pictures of Si with his wife. A current picture and an old picture of the two:

PHOTOS Uncle Si Robertson of Duck Dynasty with wife Christine

There is a picture of Korie in the Duck Commander book written by her and Willie that shows her with her first deer. She is in camo and face paint and the caption says it was her 1st deer. Flashback to the episode where Jase and Willie dragged their wives out hunting and they supposedly hadn't ever been.

Now there's a picture on Facebook of both Jase and Willie playing guitars in a band. Flashback to Willie trying to learn guitar.

I will still watch because I love the family and enjoy the show. I'm just a little sad and disillusioned.
    law638 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Tonight's premiere was so cute! They planned a surprise anniversary wedding vow renewal. Alan officiated, so I don't think he quit preaching. I love this family. So wholesome and loving, even though they pick at each other.

I've never seen this show nor heard of it until this morning. I saw a video clip of them on Live with Kelly and Michael aired Wednesday. What a funny bunch of guys! It seems that during their trip to NYC one of them was booted from the lobby of the hotel where they staying due to "facial profiling". I'm never sure which links we can post but the clip is on You Tube.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Well, in defense of the show....the cast has made it clear that the producers develop scenarios and they follow along, but they adlib most of it. Or something like that.

This is the same for all the Housewive's shows. I think a better word is "staged". The producers give them a stage and a scenario. What they say and how they respond within the context of the scenario is real. The cast members of these shows have said as much. I don't think it can be fully scripted without it being discovered. The backlash would be too great and the audiences would bolt.

The producers and cast have to be honest about all this for the same reason.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Found this which I thought was really nice. I like Jase.

Jason Robertson: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Kicked Out Of Hotel — Premiere Ratings - Hollywood Life

I'm not a religious person in the traditional sense, but I am inspired by the family's spirituality.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-17-2013 at 02:34 PM.

I loved Jase's reaction to being mistaken for someone not worthy to be at that hotel. No chairs thrown or vulgar language ... Just a grin over being "facially profiled."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread