+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty on A&E

FORT Fogey

Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

I read somewhere today that Phil played starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech, with his backup being Terry Bradshaw. That blew my mind.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I read somewhere today that Phil played starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech, with his backup being Terry Bradshaw. That blew my mind.
    That is really surprising, isn't it? He said he quit playing because football interfered with duck season.

I love the show. I think they have a great family and are very entertaining. Based on so many of the reality shows on TV, it's a breath of fresh air.

Here's a very nice story about Robertson's:

‘Bringing Home the Browns’ Family Gets a Visit from ‘Duck Dynasty’
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

this show is so funny. Loved when they took Sadie's boyfriend snake hunting

Somebody has to have a list of Si-isms. Love that man! I was quite put out about not having our 2nd new episode last week. Hope that doesn't happen again.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

hey jack
    mom2 and Jexter like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Here's another article about Phil being a QB at Lousiana Tech, including the fact that he has a Master's Degree in Education. I had no idea there was a connection between my Steelers and Duck Dynasty until I read it here.

Duck Punt: How Phil Robertson found stardom after giving up*football | Campus Union - SI.com

We joked that we could make Si's favorite word . . . Hey! . . . into a drinking game, but quickly realized we were in way over our heads. I'm not much for facial hair, especially in large quantities, but the boys were quite attractive in their younger days when you could actually see their faces!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This is my new favorite show. I only started watching it this season, and can't believe I've missed it for so long. They are a breath of fresh air. Sy cracks me up. I have a question though, Kay and Phil always talk about their 4 boys, but we only ever see Willie, Jase and Jep...where's the other one?

I LOVE this show it is pretty good but was pretty disappointed to know they are getting greedy now....
    captain and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    This is my new favorite show. I only started watching it this season, and can't believe I've missed it for so long. They are a breath of fresh air. Sy cracks me up. I have a question though, Kay and Phil always talk about their 4 boys, but we only ever see Willie, Jase and Jep...where's the other one?
    He is a minister and does not want to appear, also Si's wife does not appear.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

DD's ratings were higher than American Idol this week. It was all over the entertainment news, but it shouldn't be surprising. I have not watched AI all season and I tuned in quickly while channel surfing a couple of weeks ago and was totally underwhelmed with the talent. I did see Jessica the runner up from last year's AI, the young girl who looked 12 that they tried to force feed on the viewers, sing on Glee this week. She was cast as the best singer on a rival Glee club. Back to DD, I had read somewhere that the brother not shown on TV is the oldest brother and he is involved with the show behind the scenes on the production end.

+ Reply to Thread