+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty on A&E

Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

There will be a marathon on Friday night.
    There's no place like home!

If you have not, search for Phil Roberson on the internet. I found his life to be very interesting.
    french dip, coltnlasma and Kiz like this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If you have not, search for Phil Roberson on the internet. I found his life to be very interesting.
    Thanks for the tip! What an interesting story. I had not heard about his college football career. I sent links to the article I found to my Duck Dynasty loving friends.

(There's a minor typo in your post, just in case someone isn't as familiar with Duck Dynasty...it's Phil Robertson.)
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I realized the typo after posting, too lazy to fix.

Taped and just watched Phil and Willie on Jay Leno ... Phil did most of the talking which surprised me. They showed a family picture of Willie, Korie, Jean Luke and Sadie from years ago, before the beard.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Taped and just watched Phil and Willie on Jay Leno ... Phil did most of the talking which surprised me. They showed a family picture of Willie, Korie, Jean Luke and Sadie from years ago, before the beard.
    I cannot stand Jay Leno and go out of my way to avoid him. But...I will have to google for this segment tonight!

Cy is my hands-down favorite. And, I like Jase, because he gets genuine enjoyment from Cy.

Honestly, I know some of the scenes and such are staged but I don't mind. They are just fun to watch.

Oh, and I like Kay too. She is adorable.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I love this show. This family is so sweet and fun! There's no fighting or yelling, just silliness. I also like that it's not too personal - I don't feel like we're seeing their whole lives and I don't want to see that. We're just getting fun little snapshots. Just good, lighthearted fun.

I also like that while they're "rednecks" and very down-to-earth, they've clearly been educated. When Willie, Jase, and Phil speak to the camera you can tell they're intelligent and eloquent.

I feel like this is what reality tv could be, at it's best.
    NCLurker and mom2 like this.

To the Point

My DH and I watched several episodes yesterday just because there was nothing else on worth watching. I have so many friends of very diverse backgrounds who watch that I was curious. I was expecting something so different from what I got. These people are intelligent and educated. You can tell that outside of this show they are probably pretty normal folks. They crack me up.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Ive given up on this show. Season one was fun, different and interesting. Season two just comes across as scripted and forced. Its like the Kardashians for rednecks now. I keep seeing commercials about them striking or something. The first episode had that lame racing thing. Such a disappointment.

I don't get this channel, but was visiting the other day & got to watch a few episodes again. I still LOL'd.

It's clear that many situations are scripted. No one has this much funny stuff happen in day to day life.
    But the real people & their reactions come through as genuine. You're laughing with them more than at them.
    They just all seem like really good people with love for each other, who are having as much fun with this as the viewers.
    tears.and.rain and Kiz like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread