+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 241
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty on A&E

  1. #141
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,657

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    I guess I still have to wonder with all the horrible people running around in this world why who someone sleeps with in their home just makes people become unhinged. there are just so many more important things that need addressing in the world.
    Punkin, Bearcata, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    A&E does not want to lose out on this money. They will find a way to get Phil back and smooth things over with the GLBT community. Probably will involve Phil taking tolerance classes and donating a big ole fat check. Because IMO it always boils down to the money.
    I'm afraid they've bit off a bit more then they can chew here. The Robertsons were already upset with A&E when they attempted to tell the Robertsons they couldn't pray on the show for fear of offending people.

    They are also now on record as saying they will be looking into their contract discussions should Phil not return to the show.

    And as far as a check, given Phil's comments since the interview, saying that he cares for everyone but still will stand by his opinion and beliefs, no - there definitely won't be a "I'm going to say I was wrong for having an opinion" check to any LBGT group. (Please note - I say this for ANY group, liberal, conservative, minority, women, news, other organizations - who a minority group (any) bully folks into submission and demand "retribution" for offending them, nevermind the "offended" group doesn't hesitate to say the same about the "offendee").

    I'll be honest - the Robertsons will most likely say "No" to sensitivity classes (and to be fair some - not all, but some on all sides of the issue, do try to reprogram you into thinking counter to your thoughts), and will cancel their contract. Duck calls and other items they have (and they have the Duck Commander copyright last time I checked, meaning A&E cannot use that as leverage) will still sell regardless of the show.

    They were millionaires before this show - it was that in spite of their backwoods appearance (observation only), that got them on the show. In a way, it's not unlike Kate Goslin and 20 and counting group - they was famous BECAUSE of her multiple births, not because of who they are. In the case of the Robertsons, people get into small businesses all the time, but these guys used something as simple as a duck call (and the odd appearance) to build a dynasty.

    In short, the only ones who need the show are A&E, not the Robertsons.

  3. #143
    FORT Fan dreamonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    324

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I disagree with this. We do and should have the ability to change minds. It's how we advance and make the world better. There was a time people believed slavery was good, and the bible supported it. We don't have slavery anymore because people changed what people believed in. Same is true with women's equality, exploiting children, and the list goes on. The key is how minds are changed. If we go about it with thoughtful discussion, then hearts are changed along with minds and we are all better off. If we change it through public shaming, we don't advance but rather submit.

    Same is true with your point about watching what you say. It's true, but we should not accept it that way, recording devices or not. This notion that if a person doesn't fall in line with my beliefs they are evil is juvenile, and it is what is holding us back.

    You can disagree with my post. that is what makes us humans.
    Last edited by dreamonia; 12-23-2013 at 06:43 AM.

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm afraid they've bit off a bit more then they can chew here. The Robertsons were already upset with A&E when they attempted to tell the Robertsons they couldn't pray on the show for fear of offending people.
    I hadn't heard this one, so I did a quick search, and ended up at snopes.com: Duck Dynasty Prayer. (The page now includes information about Mr. Robertson's interview and Cracker Barrel.)

    Basically, even the cast members said that it wasn't true that they were asked not to pray.

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,416

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    The beards were grown for the show.
    There's no place like home!

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I hadn't heard this one, so I did a quick search, and ended up at snopes.com: Duck Dynasty Prayer. (The page now includes information about Mr. Robertson's interview and Cracker Barrel.)

    Basically, even the cast members said that it wasn't true that they were asked not to pray.
    I will admit I do not trust Snopes - they have been found to be liberal leaning and doing generic computer based research I've found some of their "Debunks" flat out lies.

    That said, if the family said it isn't true, then it isn't. Doesn't mean that now given Phil was suspended because a few complained doesn't mean that would be the next group to attack the family.
    angelic_one2002 and nennie like this.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    959

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I guess I still have to wonder with all the horrible people running around in this world why who someone sleeps with in their home just makes people become unhinged. there are just so many more important things that need addressing in the world.
    I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about this. He also said he believes sleeping around is sinful, but I don't see people all upset about that. He didn't say that homosexual behavior was any worse than other behavior he thinks is sinful. He didn't say to treat anyone differently, in fact he said everyone should be treated with respect and love.

  8. #148
    Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Georgia
    Posts
    257

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    I believe that Phil has the right to his opinion just as anyone else does. Folks should get a life and worry about more important things. The Robertsons do not need A&E....I think A&E needs them.........imo
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

  9. #149
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,596

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    Or a couple other networks that would love to have the show.
    Need40winks likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  10. #150
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,870

    Re: Duck Dynasty on A&E

    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.