+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: American Gypsies

FORT Fanatic

American Gypsies

Is anyone watching this series? the first episode was very interesting and i am looking forward to the second.

Re: American Gypsies

I watched the whole season, and intend to watch the next one if there is one. Sadly, they had the finale and a reunion show last week.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

i think this may be a new show about "gypsies"....its on the National Georgraphic channel?

Oh, I thought it was "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" on TLC. What day and time is this one?

Finally caught this show and am hooked. I have my dvr set for new shows and repeats ... how many shows have I missed? I just saw the one with the girls in the acting skit.

Little brother needs to back off. Seriously.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Finally caught this show and am hooked. I have my dvr set for new shows and repeats ... how many shows have I missed? I just saw the one with the girls in the acting skit.

Little brother needs to back off. Seriously.
    there has only been one episode so far, and for some reason they started showing it a couple of weeks ago even though
    the "premiere" was this week. I am hooked to and can't wait for the next episode.
    mom2 likes this.

Caught a little bit of tonight's episode. Does anyone know what dialect they're speaking when they're not speaking english?

FORT Fanatic

if you go to the National Geographic Website for American Gypsies, they post information on the culture. you might find your answer there.

The real estate agent asked what language they lapsed into a few times while looking at store fronts and I believe Bobby said Romi or Romani.

This show is so fascinating. I wonder how they convinced the 'elders' and Bobby's family to let them film them. Epecially since there is such strife between Bobby and his younger brother about keeping to the traditions. Their father has one foot on a banana peel and the oldest brother, who will take over as head of the family, seems a bit more relaxed about Bobby's decisions than the hot headed brother.

DH snd I have often wondered, when we drive by the occasional Palm Reader storefront, how can they support their business. We've always wondered just how many customers they can have. I mean, we don't know anyone who goes to one of these Palm Readers. Tx for the suggestion to go to the NG website. I am interested in learning more about this culture. And since nothing at all is happening on Big Brother I have all the time in the world to amuse myself with other things.

FORT Fanatic

Nicky seems obsessed with Bobby, and I'm sure there is more to it than we are seeing. I wonder how Bobby's divorcing his wife currently is sitting
    with his family as well. I find it difficult to understand how family members can be so opposed to Bobby's children going to acting class when they
    are allowing themselves to be filmed for television - something i'm pretty sure is not part of their "tradition", especially if they are so "secretive". Love this show.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast