+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hollywood Exes on VH1

Hollywood Exes on VH1

Is anyone else watching this show? I wasn't very optimistic about it, but OMG. I really like it. I have only seen two episodes, but I think it has promise. I never watched any of the basketball wives or mob wives, but this is really amusing. I think the personalities are quite entertaining and it really seems less fake than any of the housewife shows.....so far that is. lol

Here's the link:
    Hollywood Exes | Show Cast, Episodes, Guides, Trailers, Web Exclusives, Previews | VH1.com
    bearwme1 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Hollywood Exes on VH1

i've seen the first three episodes and like it so far. hopefully, it won't go the way of other shows where there's always a beatdown happening or being threatened.

I actually like this...unlike all the stupid Housewives shows, they actually seem very supportive of each other. So far, after 3 episodes, there is no fighting, yelling, hair pulling, bleeped out language, etc. They are each trying to find their way back to being themselves, and not in the spotlight of their ex.

R Kelly's ex is hilarious. And I can see where she is coming from. I never knew he was married.

I remember reading about Mayte losing her son. It was such a secret, and there was denial about her giving birth, that I can see where it must have been hard for to grieve. I'm glad she is able to talk about it on this show. And she is gorgeous.
    bearwme1 and Debb70 like this.

I'm watching....I'm easy prey for all these shows in the beginning.....They are ALL beautiful but, good lord, Eddie Murphy's ex is truly amazingly beautiful.
    I agree, so far, none of the awful behavior like the Housewives shows.
    Time will tell.

I don't know much about these women. I'll have to research them. Does anyone know much about Prince's ex? The little apartment that she was staying in looked very humble. Why? Why wouldn't she be in a very nice place in LA? Just curious.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I literally just came here to create this thread but I see it's already here....lol. I like it too. One thing I've observed is that for being the actual ex wives of some of Hollywood's biggest superstars, these women seem to lead relatively normal lives. Even their houses look like something the average Joe would live in, which is ironic considering on the Real Housewives shows, some of their homes are anything but.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

for me, this show is different from the others because i know of all the ex-husbands, and have heard of most of the wives, and so for me it's interesting to learn about how their lives have been fairing since their divorces. The women seem more mature than some of the other ladies on the other shows. i am getting a little frustrated with andrea's breakdowns. I have a hard time believing that she had no clue as to why her husband decided to keep their marriage a secret, and wonder if she sees her role in having maintained her invisibility.

Andrea does seem to break down a lot...still like her mostly upbeat personality and she seems devoted to her kids.
    I like Matea (sp?) also but the show I watched today make it seem like she was "one-upping" the others about the tragic loss of her baby that only lived a few hours.
    She doesn't seem like that type of woman but she did it twice in this episode.........of course, as usual, it could all be due to editing.

FORT Fanatic

i like mayte's centeredness. i think that she was trying to give andrea the idea that even though we can experience
    tragedy, there is a time to shift focus, that we can be in control of shifting focus and how we feel as well as the direction of our life,
    and how she did it for herself. I didn't feel at all as if she was trying to exploit her tragedy for her own self gain.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm watching too, and especially enjoying that the women are so supportive and not bashing each other.

By the way, I think, as painful as it was, Jessica dodged a HUGE bullet. Jose Conseco hurt her, again, by disappointing her and taking a job offer far away, but the guy seems to have turned from being a super-hero into a total cad and loser. It was clear that he was in financial (and emotional) trouble and that he really needed Jessica to support him -- but it's pretty clear that he would have REALLY broken her heart (and her daughter's heart) in a major way if he had moved in with them, and it hadn't worked out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast