+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

Re: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm still enjoying the show. I like the premise, but mostly I like that any drama comes from the contestants struggling to complete their tasks. There is no backstabbing, cheating, or manipulation. That's what I would expect from a show that Ron Howard is connected with and why I made an exception and decided to give it a try in the first place. I suspect there are a lot of places they could use. I was thinking about a system of caves, for one. Another that came to mind but that they never could use would be Fort Knox.
    Old forts - Ellis Island - the Alamo movie set (which also houses a wild west setting). It's quite endless if they really look.

I don't think however it's going to be so popular the budget expands to international locations.
    Florimel likes this.

July 22, 2012 the Air Force Boneyard in Tucson Arizona.

I didn't think they could make this one that difficult being that the location was flat but the heat was a major factor and the patrolling Hummers did create enough of a obstacle. I didn't like the older brother in the Green Team. I thought he was an a$$. Heat stroke can kill and the fact the younger brother knew he had to have water and to lie down was incredible common sense. The older brother didn't do himself any favor by that stupid comment at the end where he said he should have made sure the younger brother could compete in the same category as him. What category is that? Dumb A$$? Still I was hoping the Blue Team would win as they were the obvious physical underdogs. I wonder what would happen if two teams would be eliminated due to injury? Would that be an automatic win for the remaining team?
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll have to watch the episode online in order to give an analysis (but worth it to miss last night's show).

I would say if two teams were eliminated due to illness, they may put a time limit on the remaining team to complete it or there is no winner (or a reduced prize for just lasting as long as they have). I mean - they usually have one team in some game shows compete together in a time limit to win a prize ("Double Dare" comes to mind, even if long since past).

I can't see them just automatically give a team the full prize, especially if they had been caught and brought right back to start. It would still give the team a pressure situation but not an automatic win - which I think is unfair.

If big brother was so smart, why didn't he pick a partner who wasn't seriously overweight and underexercized? Maybe the jerk has no friends.

DH and I were gasping at the thought of 120 degrees inside the containment plane. Where we live it rarely gets above mid-seventies. Even outside it looked very hot. I have had heat stroke before so I can sympathize with him.

Maybe the little blondies would have had an easier time had they not worn their FALSE EYELASHES to what they must have understood would be a difficult physical challenge! Sheesh!

Big brother was overweight and in bad shape himself. Not to mention so stupid that he cracked his head open ON HIS OWN by not ducking under the plane. I too wanted the blondes to win, although I also thought the fake lashes were a bit much to have on during a challenge like this.

August 5, 2012 - Escape from LA

Green Team quit. huh?

I must admit that in comparison to Team Blue both Team Red and Team Green acted more like couch potatoes than participants in a reality tv show. Yeah, I know we complain when everyone is in too good a shape but then complain when they are not. I think overall it would have been fairer if all teams were equally bad physically. Thought is was a cope out for Team Green male to quit cause he didn't want his wife hurt. She was OK to go on.

Luv'ed the escape from the power plant. It's like watching Dumb and Dumber. I am not saying I would do any better if I was actually participating but I can laugh all I want from my couch. Immediately I didn't like the Blue Team - two young arrogant guys. Their attitude always put me off. In fact I was rooting for the Green Team. The husband and wife seemed like a good partnership although it was bit much when the husband started loosing it along the way. The wife was great really calm under pressure. The Red Team. The less said the better. Still I like it best when all 3 teams seem to have it on the ball. I really was getting pretty anxious about who would win the Blue or the Green the last half hour of the show. If you look back at it Blue Team was incredible strong and fast but they never read the directions and made incredibly stupid mistakes. It could have been an incredibly unfair race but even with Green being captured once they still were able to catch up and beat two fit guys who were at least 15 yrs younger then both of them. This was a great episode.
    Florimel and TripleGemini like this.

This week's Green Team? Just like my husband and me. (Although I think she held it together much better than I would.)

We were amazed at just how many silly mistakes all of the teams made. My son actually gave up on it for awhile (although he came back downstairs when he discovered that no one had turned the A/C on, so the room wasn't cold ;-) ).

I would have been done in by the "climb seven flights of stairs" part. But other than that...

August 19, 2012

Great Escape from the Louisiana Swamp.

I must admit I was laughing my head off when the Blue Team got caught right outside the cabins right after they escaped the detention zone. I was surprised how quickly the Green Team caught up to the Red Team after they had been captured. I just get put off when a team of guys who are really physically quite fit always say, oh we are faster and stronger then the other teams and we can beat them. The total equalizer in this series is the fact that you have to think and race and stay calm and avoid the guards. I must admit I was put off by the female Red Teamer. It was her baby voice. She initially comes across as the weak, helpless female, who nags and yet that is not what happened. While her husband did say she was the brains of the group. What amazed me was that he listened to her and he did not lose his cool, neither did she and they worked very well together. First team ever who took the concept of look out for the guards and did it for the entire game. They didn't get captured. They didn't lose the map, although at stage one they did wonder where it was. They read the map and followed instructions (well except for the fishing hole) and improvised when a certain method did not work ie: the fish pole and hook. I think they totally deserved the win.
    Shoepie likes this.

Just hoping that the finale is the most exciting episode yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast