+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

Re: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

With all the noise the teams where making especially the female Red and female Blue I am very surprised that the guards didn't catch them every 2 minutes they were both so loud and annoying. Overall a fun episode although I thought it was very dangerous climbing down the bed sheet rope and I hope they had some kind of landing pad underneath them that we didn't see.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

There is no way the guards cannot notice everyone since a camera is following them and often positioned pointing directly at their hiding place! I think the guards can only "catch" someone if they are in their field of vision and that has a permiter. Their flash lights seem to have a range at waist level so if you are on the ground, lying flat they cannot "catch" you.

I like this show, very much.

I have been to Alcatraz and it definately is eery. They had to create creepy for the institution and did a pretty good job but I doubt the players felt they were in anything other than an old building.

They are going to run out of abandoned places if this catches on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Overall a fun episode although I thought it was very dangerous climbing down the bed sheet rope and I hope they had some kind of landing pad underneath them that we didn't see.
    I thought the bed sheet rope was really dangerous too. Also the wire crate that came crashing down after they'd cut through the ropes.

My husband and I have been enjoying this show, but because it has different teams each week, if we missed an episode, I don't think we'd try to find it online.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    There is no way the guards cannot notice everyone since a camera is following them and often positioned pointing directly at their hiding place! I think the guards can only "catch" someone if they are in their field of vision and that has a permiter. Their flash lights seem to have a range at waist level so if you are on the ground, lying flat they cannot "catch" you.
    I thought there was some kind of range, too...until tonight, when they found the Red Team. (Green won tonight...Red was doing great until they got caught up in Stage 2 and never quite caught up, although they did well. And Blue was right on the heels of Red...very close ending.)

(And we watched this in a hotel room tonight ;-) )

Probably my favorite episode so far - though some cases it's obvious they were changed for the safety of the contestants (if they really thought that stuff was biohazard they'd be bananas.

The closest contest so far and that made for good competition. Some bonehead moments mind you but quite nice.

I also was glad that they did make it clear that after a certain level they could take the elevator instead of climb up - otherwise if you were caught you'd be out.

Next week's looks to be quite interesting too - I hope though as far as the teaser went that is a bit of misinformation of what happens:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because I would hate to see any contestant have to leave due to injury. I know it's tough and a bit dangerous given the girl on the green team ended up injured but still... that would stink.

These guys are the nosiest escapees ever.

These guys are the nosiest escapees ever.
    This week's didn't bother me too much because of where they were - it had to be a bit loud, and then hazmats (even fake ones like those) are hard to hear or speak out of.

Still... the red team thinking that they'd be safe from the guard hiding behind their tire... lol. He had the flashlight on the ground so that is in view of his perimeter.

The Missile Silo episode was intense but again one of the nosiest casts ever. I like the team that won but was amazed that the green female thought the key would light up. Wouldn't that attract the guards? This was also one of the closest finishes yet but I did notice that the Blue Team was still putting the key together when they arrived at the bunker. Kinda dumb to wait and do that at that point. I am still enjoying the show and hope they can keep coming up with places to escape from.

I'm still enjoying the show. I like the premise, but mostly I like that any drama comes from the contestants struggling to complete their tasks. There is no backstabbing, cheating, or manipulation. That's what I would expect from a show that Ron Howard is connected with and why I made an exception and decided to give it a try in the first place. I suspect there are a lot of places they could use. I was thinking about a system of caves, for one. Another that came to mind but that they never could use would be Fort Knox.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The Missile Silo episode was intense but again one of the nosiest casts ever. I like the team that won but was amazed that the green female thought the key would light up. Wouldn't that attract the guards? This was also one of the closest finishes yet but I did notice that the Blue Team was still putting the key together when they arrived at the bunker. Kinda dumb to wait and do that at that point. I am still enjoying the show and hope they can keep coming up with places to escape from.
    The launch zone tends to not be guarded (save the asylum week) so I don't think that'd been an issue. I think she thought it lit up thanks to those nibs that are used as a key to open the box. That combined with stress and the dark... easy confusion. Loved the host's response to it and her chagrined look.

The Blue team blew it getting put in the containment zone again. Sure they were fast, but with as close as it was, this was ONE time you didn't want to get caught. I mean - they all were fairly close to each other until the microfilm zone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast