+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

Re: The Great Escape (TNT, Sundays 10PM)

I enjoyed the show, the only ting I would consider changing is the whole guards catching people & sending them back to the start. It seems that they could look the other way, if they were compelled to see one team win over another.

Wonder if anyone experienced any of the hauntings that are supposed to go on out on that island.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I can't believe how they're letting them bust things up. It's a National Historic Landmark, and they were smacking tables that were hooked to the walls with heavy duty tools. I've visited there several times, and they were cautious about where tourists could go and what they could touch.
    DH and I were both born and raised in San Francisco and neither of us have ever visited Alcatraz! So we enjoyed the setting for this episode, especially at night. Can't really imagine an aircraft carrier as they are usually crawling with people. We'll see how this show holds up.

one of the radio dj's from a local station was selected to go on the show....I think she filmed about a week or two ago....I have tivo'd it looking forward to seeing it!

Finally finished watching it online. Enjoyed it. Had a nice rush, adrenaline feel to it. Glad they had to have puzzles that they needed to solve themselves. Liked the ideas of the guards. That Red Shirt girl was clueless as to the fact they were around and she was lucky that her brother was watching out for her on at least two occasions. Still they were making a lot of noise at times and I am surprised the guards didn't hear them or there is some kind of parameter the guards had to follow.

The host has a great voice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well episode 2 was filmed on the aircraft carried the USS Hornet.

I liked this episode teams Green and Blue made that very common mistake you see all the time on The Amazing Race racing without thinking. Team Green was very fast, they got caught one time, forgot their map and had to go back for it, forgot their flag and had to go back for it and still managed to be right behind Team Red. While all the teams made mistakes the team that made the fewest and did not panic is the team that won and that was Team Red. That dad on Team Red is really responsible for the win. He and his daughter working well together, he was quite fit and smart. It was hysterical to watch Teams Green and Blue try to hook the crates with their hooks from two stories up. I did get "mad" at Team Blue, first when the sister made a comment about beating an old man. Then later when her brother told her it was her fault that she didn't get the access card from the safe and it was her fault they lost. What a jerk. Still he did apologize later. Funny how he also talked smack to Team Green yet Team Blue came in last. Oh, during the diving into the water part the Dad from Team Red was the only one who took off his shoes, pants and shirt while the others didn't take the time and just dove in.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought it was another good episode. Score 2 points for the red team s they have won both races so far.

Anybody know what institution that was? They said it was built with some stones from Alcatraz and San Quentin. Maybe in Northern California?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Anybody know what institution that was? They said it was built with some stones from Alcatraz and San Quentin. Maybe in Northern California?
    While it's not always accurate it has more accuracy on locations, from Wiki, the recent one was at The historic Preston Castle in Ione, California.

I actually liked this one and it was very freaky. The red team I will say had a lot of gripping from her, but what helped them win over the blue and green team? - she did it but moved on, while the blue team girl just kept crying and bitching. Green again was too cocky for their own good.

I did like the blue team's idea to have the sheets to cover themselves up though. The blew it trying to cut the knot and not the rope - I mean, honestly... even slowly they'd finished before the green and red teams there.

And I loved the stage three challenge - that mental one was crazy but I loved it because there was no way to work around it without watching the vids - blue's fatal error when green and red were put back up in detention. Blue could've won it but blew it.

My husband kept yelling at the TV when the blue team kept trying to cut the knot. We couldn't figure out why (or how) she didn't notice that the other teams were cutting the ROPE.

The woman on the red team was definitely annoying, but yes, she kept going, and that's what helped them win.

We couldn't figure out how the green team knew to immediately turn the cage over in stage 2 (to get the box out). Near as we could tell, they had looked into one of the other rooms first and saw the cages laying down, but they never showed that to us.

And I loved that the key clues went together in different ways, leading to so much confusion at the end.
    Shoepie and jadewarlock like this.

It sure pays to wear the red shirts. 3 for 3 for the reds. Another good episode, I thought. The blues just never got that whole video clues game. This show remionds me of The Mole a bit. I like Rich Eisen as the host.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast