+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PhoneGrrrl
  • 1 Post By Dragonlady

Thread: Miss Advised BRAVO

Miss Advised BRAVO

I most like the matchmaker. Would like to see her meet her soulmate....She needs a friend with like values to set her up.

I have no suggestion for the columnist who spends her time playing the youth card. I think I would tell the sex talk person to not have sex.
    You can do it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Miss Advised BRAVO

The sex book woman came across as a weird hybrid of Jenni from Flipping out and Bethany. It's like Bravo is minting people now. I liked the NY matchmaker and wanted to get the story on the attractive business suit wearing friend she talked with before meeting up with her ex. The columnist who moved to LA annoyed me--I felt bad for Craig's List Justin.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Okay, I feel totally stupid now. The business suit wearing guy was Prince Lorenzo of The Bachelor fame. I shall now slam my head into the wall repeatedly for epic failure on reality tv recall ability.
    Lizard likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I didn't feel like the matchmaker needed to be dispensing advice. She couldn't even follow her own rules. In her meeting with the prospective client, she sounded a lot like Patti the Millionaire Matchmaker.

I thought all of these girls were pathetic....I sure hope they are not representational of young women today.
    Not sure any of them are a good source for advice about dating/relationships.
    I honestly felt badly for them....they seem to want a good lasting relationship, albeit would never, ever admit that they really do and haven't a clue how to achieve that.
    The girl with the long, long list of what her future man should have is a good example......you'll never find that ideal man. They all have "warts" as do we.
    Won't be watching it again.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Stumbled across this show tonight. They don't follow their own advice! It looks like JP made a good match, though.

I like this better than I thought I would. The women seem real.

Matchmaker--her advice stems from her pain. Some of it is good advice, and some of it is not so good. AGE RULE My husband's ex of 19 years is 12 years older than him. She is a good friend to me. She dumped him and she has explained why to me I think as a resolution issue. That she wants him to believe that she loved him. Her age rule stemmed from the younger guy that she slept with too early who dumped her. She "slept with him too early" as she said. Case in point of people who do not listen to themselves. I find this one to be a weird mix of too uptight and not uptight enough. For a rule oriented person, she sure does not know how to follow them. Perhaps she saves the discipline for running.

COLUMNIST--When she was saying that she wanted to find her husband, I was snickering after last weeks episode. Like that mean girl is not going to find anyone. But this week I see her as more real. That guy was telling her things in a sister vibe sort of way. If it was going to be anything, it would have taken a little time. The cameras are way put off-ish. The guy who would be attracted to the girl who might kiss every body in town might be scary. And I still do not know how to take the "monogamy" is overrated attitude she gave off last week. Does that mean she is always looking and "the one" means the one that is funnest at this moment? If so then I would feel bad for any guy she was with.

SEX PERSON--She must be attracted to hurtful men if she is willing to engage in threesomes. She does not appear to be a hurtful person herself. But this is a path where I do not see an easy correction. Being attracted to pain.

For my real single friends, I think their biggest pitfall is that they say it is ok to have dates when you are having sex with people if you have not said that this is an exclusive monogamous relationship. They literally say that is is o.k. for themselves to be hurtful to others; and they wind up getting hurt by the like. I think everyone needs to practice being friends to themselves and to men.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread